Insecure and Angry

Comments

• y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    I was riding along the road, really going for it. I must have been doing 11mph. Maybe 12mph. Then a woman stepped out in front of me, about 300 yards ahead. I had to brake really hard to miss her. She started shouting at me, saying I shouldn't be on the road as I don't pay road tax. So anyways, where do we cyclists buy our road tax? Think I should pay my way.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Heres a tip Ive just heard about-apparently there are some health supplements you can take that make you go much faster than your mates and here`s the best bit-no one will ever know.I am even thinking of entering a pretty big race for charity just to get my face known.No more Mr Sandface for me then.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Will i look gay if i wear lycra?
  • Secteur wrote:
    Will i look gay if i wear lycra?

Ask your boyfriend. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Secteur wrote:
    Will i look more gay if i wear lycra?

Sorted that for you ;)
  • Secteur
    We'll see who looks gayest when i beat you in the next sportive race.
  • Put your whip away sir!
  • nevman wrote:
    Ta for the link.missed that gem.wonder where he stuffed the spare,in the end?

+1

on a side note.. is Di2 worth it? thinking of upgrading my Carrera TdF with some Zipp 808s and Dure Ace Di2

and again, +1 for the Bigbee tub saga, loved the "Crockett" quote. :D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Anybody else having problems changing gear on a new bike? My trusty Carlton has the gear levers clearly identifiable and safely positioned on the down tube. I went into a bike shop the other day and modern racers seem to have no gear levers. They must be automatics like cars, I can't imagine that will catch on.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • I bought some very expensive fingerless gloves off ebay the other day, made in france so they should be good ('french maid', it said - the seller obviously couldn't spell, the silly sod).

However, my hands were freezing cold and completely numb by the end of my ride this morning.

Should I send them back?

gloves.png
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Anybody else having problems changing gear on a new bike? My trusty Carlton has the gear levers clearly identifiable and safely positioned on the down tube. I went into a bike shop the other day and modern racers seem to have no gear levers. They must be automatics like cars, I can't imagine that will catch on.

I bought these new fang dangled things from Cumpig.. Campagolly... Clumpiga... oh never mind. I can't find the gear levers. I keep phoning Woggle up and they swear blind that were in the box, but I can't find them. Could have sworn it was a fixed but I found these cogs at the back. Does anyone know what they are for ? Is it a speshal dynamo ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Now i'm knocking out a 14mph average I decided to join in a ride with some old boys who regularly go past my front door. I got straight on the front and to show my riding prowess kept my front wheel just ahead of the old boy next to me.He kept upping the pace but I was having none of it. Imagine my surprise when after about 5 miles he punched me squarely in the face! Not what I'd call the friendly side of cycling from that old F*cker!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • What chain lube do I use to get the proper use out of my chain ?

Is Muc off any good ?

Where can I get a SKY tattoo ?

Luminous bike clothing is the new black ? Discuss.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • So just to clear this up I shouldn't wear pants under bib shorts, I should wear them over the top then?
  • Secteur
    Lycra-Byka wrote:
    So just to clear this up I shouldn't wear pants under bib shorts, I should wear them over the top then?

Just do a superman and wear your underpants over your leggings
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    What brifters for my Fixie?
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    I bought some very expensive fingerless gloves off ebay the other day, made in france so they should be good ('french maid', it said - the seller obviously couldn't spell, the silly sod).

However, my hands were freezing cold and completely numb by the end of my ride this morning.

Should I send them back?

gloves.png

they would look "awsum" with my winter tights

9032.jpg
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    Sometimes when I ride with my headphones in and my hands in my pockets cars almost kill me. They are so selfish thinking the road belongs to them.
  • pinno
    Now i'm knocking out a 14mph average...

As fast as that ?!?! You must be on drugs.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    will EPO make my ears bigger?
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    I put assos cream on for my commute to work in London - it's 5 miles and it has a killer hill must be at least 45%. Trouble is my underpants get really mucky and I keep slipping off the toilet at work - will crouching over the toilet improve my quad muscle tone and average speed, or should I just stick to eating power gels for lunch?
  • jonomc4 wrote:
    I put assos cream on for my commute to work in London - it's 5 miles and it has a killer hill must be at least 45%. Trouble is my underpants get really mucky and I keep slipping off the toilet at work - will crouching over the toilet improve my quad muscle tone and average speed, or should I just stick to eating power gels for lunch?

Keep it carbalogical man. Rad.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Read this:
    viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=12887682

Thread closed. Absolutely brilliant
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Where can I get a handlebar mount for my Ipad?

Perhaps my Macbook would be better though -> the screen is bigger :?:
  • ShutUpLegs wrote:
    loop.png

Does this need lube :?:
    nice crop :)

Should this have one of those 'thing'i thing's at the back with 2 little wheels in..or does this 'knot' need one
  • You all told me i'd save a fortune by buying a bike... :)

I believed you !!!! :cry:
  • ShutUpLegs wrote:
    loop.png

Does this need lube :?:
    nice crop :)

Should this have one of those 'thing'i thing's at the back with 2 little wheels in..or does this 'knot' need one

Knobbly tyres? Heathen :wink:
  • what size frame will my brother need?
    Hills hurt but sofas kill.
  • Someone told me that C02 cartridges were a much easier way of pumping the tyre up than one of those mini pumps, so I bought some.

He was obviously winding me up - it was bloody hard to push it on to the valve, but I finally got it on with a good whack with a stone I found lying around. He didn't tell me about the noise - like a jet engine it was. Once it got going I could hardly hold it on the valve.

Not only that, but it wasn't even CO2 inside - it was some kind of refrigerant, since the cartridge froze to my hand and when I finally couldn't hold it any more, it flew across the road, taking a lot of the skin on my hand with it.

I'll be suing the manufacturer for selling such dangerous goods.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • pinno
    I bought a great bike with a great deal they had on offer, it cost £5.80 from Shot Cycles. The thing is I went out and after only 20 miles the chain broke.
    I walked home in the rain wearing out my cleats and shoes. My back pocket got really mucky with the chain in it and the oil from it wrecked my ipad.
    I contacted the shop and said I could have died. It could have been lethal: Imagine falling off into the path of a truck which then swerved off a bridge and hit a commuter train and some on coming car also swerved (to avoid the truck) resulting in a multiple pile up, costing hundreds of lives.
    They said that they would replace the cost of my shoes, the whole bike, the price of a new set of threads, the ipad and would pay for all the collection/delivery expenses. I think thats scandalous - where is the compensation for the fact I nearly died? and why aren't they collecting the chain to take back to the manufacturer so that they can completely change their chain production technique and invest in some proper machinery? (You'd think they would want to know why) I think they should have closed down the factory that makes the Shotbikes and give me a £100k a year job as quality control inspector in the new chain factory.
    My solicitor thinks I am a case.