Insecure and Angry

Comments

• I have the latest carbon bottle cages, titanium screws, & just bought a pair of carbon bars which are 50g lighter than my last ones, but i'm still not going any faster! What gives? I might just try another type of carb gel & energy bar, that should work.
    Tried drilling holes in everything? or getting lighter screw holes? :wink:
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    I have the latest carbon bottle cages, titanium screws, & just bought a pair of carbon bars which are 50g lighter than my last ones, but i'm still not going any faster! What gives? I might just try another type of carb gel & energy bar, that should work.

Oooh - I didn't know you could get carb gels. They must be a lot lighter - but will they be ok in winter?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    Shame on you smart a.rses. You were all new and dumb once!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    sorry, please delete this thread

(with apologies to the OP!)
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Going on a date tomorrow, world champ or sky jersey? (trying to show my sporty side)
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    TakeTurns wrote:
    Going on a date tomorrow, world champ or sky jersey? (trying to show my sporty side)

Go for retro USPS or Discovery
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    TakeTurns wrote:

Take a mate and do as per your forum name.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I haven't ridden a bike since I was 4 and retired yesterday and now fancy doing the 2.8 mile commute by bike. I'll be carrying three drinks bottles with Ultra-steroid Body Builder Plus Plus in each and a pocketful of gel bars. How much sleep do I need to be sure of making it? Can anyone recommend a good cape for the winter? And is it ok to jump red lights still?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    What tyres are best for skids? Was thinking FMB silk tubs.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    I just bought some amazing decals from eBay. Once I've stuck them on my bike I'll send you some pictures so you too can buy some. But will they make me go faster?
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    NapoleonD wrote:

They're not tubs you f***wit they're tubEs.

With an E.
    Idiot
  • I bought some lights the other day, and tried them out last night.

The man in the shop said the main reason for having them was to be more visible to other road users, and I should get some bright ones.

The rear one was no use at all, I couldn't figure out how to mount it to make me more visible, and as for the front one.. I'm sure I was very visible but I couldn't see where I was going at all with that thing shining in my face. Where do the shops get the idiots they employ?
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    coriordan wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

With an E.
    Idiot

Steady on old chap.

Possibly just a misprunt.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    I got passed by a skinny bloke going up a hill. What a c*nt. I booted him in the gut as he went past, that'll teach him.
  • Secteur wrote:
    I got passed by a skinny bloke going up a hill. What a c*nt. I booted him in the gut as he went past, that'll teach him.

Racist.

Anyhoo, I want to donate all my Nike, Oakley and Trek items to a charity, is livestrong any good ?
    Plus, is wearing team sky full kit for a first club run ok ?
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Go for the WC jersey though.
  • alihisgreat
    I can't find the polka dot jersey in my size (XXXXXXXXL?!?!?! where can i get it?
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Should I wear a helmet? My friends say i look retraded with it on. HELP
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Which rubber solution should I be using? What's the lightest? I've checked on-line, but there are so many to choose from and none are endorsed by a celebrity. How the f#ck is anyone supposed to make a decision without celebrity endorsement!?

Please help. I'm so confused I don't think I can carry on living this way.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    My Ash wood rims are really squeaking in the wet, should I varnish them or use teak oil ? Can anyone recommend shoes with really heavy duty soles on 'cos when the brakes don't work in the wet, my shoes are wearing out really fast and the locals were complaining that the metal thingies I bashed into the soles were causing sparks and upsetting the dog walkers.
    Oh, and my saddle has come off the bike and my wife keeps going out on it all the time and coming back with a smile on her face. How do you fit a new one ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    coriordan wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

With an E.
    Idiot

I sooooooo want to correct you..... Must..... Not....... Bite....... :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • alihisgreat
    MattC59 wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

With an E.
    Idiot

I sooooooo want to correct you..... Must..... Not....... Bite....... :lol:

but thats the beauty of this thread:

eb6.jpg?1307463786
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Ta for the link.missed that gem.wonder where he stuffed the spare,in the end?
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • alihisgreat
    nevman wrote:
    Ta for the link.missed that gem.wonder where he stuffed the spare,in the end?

+1

on a side note.. is Di2 worth it? thinking of upgrading my Carrera TdF with some Zipp 808s and Dure Ace Di2
  • What's the best way to clean my chain?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    What's the best way to clean my chain?

Try standing on the seat :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    bmc-timemachine-tm01-dura-ace-di2.jpg

My company has just introduced cycle to work - would this do - that Southe African bloke what won the tour of france uses it.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I've just started cycling and went to the local cycle shop for some shorts. The idiot behind the counter tried to give me a pair with what appeared to be a sanitary towel stitched into the bottom. How stupid was he bearing in mind I'm a bloke with the requisite amount of kahunas!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • I've just started cycling and went to the local cycle shop for some shorts. The idiot behind the counter tried to give me a pair with what appeared to be a sanitary towel stitched into the bottom. How stupid was he bearing in mind I'm a bloke with the requisite amount of kahunas!
    Must have been the same shop I went into - the bloke tried to sell me some shorts with the label at the front not the back, and an incontinence pad stitched inside. How old and decrepit do I look, for heavens sake??
    Is the gorilla tired yet?