I don't believe Lance Armstrong and I never will...

Comments

• Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    He won't be bankrupt.

He could end up doing a little time though with a potential perjury rap over his head. Ask Marion Jones about how the Government feels about perjury.

That could well be one of the things that is keeping him from doing the usual teary mea culpa routine so favoured by athletes who've been caught out. Once he opens his mouth along those lines, he's cooked. There will be a lot of people looking to get back money and costs and potential perjury raps to face.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    show your support by buying one of these :lol:

5045.jpg
    FCN = 4
  • He will end up like OJ Simpson at this rate.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    Greg66 wrote:
    He will end up like OJ Simpson at this rate.

He's already there.

I still wonder will he play the 'Tearful Confession' card.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/lance- ... but,17973/
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • remember if he goes to confession the legal avalanche of perjury, paying sponsors back, reversing libel settlements will kill him. I can't see his Trader mates willing to keep helping him out...
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Nah, what's he got to gain? I reckon there will be a shrug of the shoulders and a "meh, conspiracy".

TDF victories already pulled and he's never going to make any more $$ as an inspirational figure - I bet he just fades into the shrubbery taking his millions with him.

I would :-D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Greg66 wrote:
    He will end up like OJ Simpson at this rate.

Keep up the avatar.
  • tailwindhome
    Boom!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Confirmed by UCI - LA must have run out of bung money and brown envelopes.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Lance's book moved to Fiction section...

Bookshop story
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Interesting announcements from the UCI today. Independent committee set up to investigate claims against UCI, case against Kimmage put on hold, Armstrong's victories not to be re-allocated. Finally some sense from the UCI?
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Wiggo promoted to third in 2009 TdF
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    Quite enjoyed Lemond's rant at McQuaid and Verbruggen.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • tailwindhome
    JonGinge wrote:
    Wiggo promoted to third in 2009 TdF

Behind Schleck and Contador.

Hmmm.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Over at blazin saddles this is an amusing, clever but at the same time sad and sobering read about the lost years and the revised roll call of Nardello, Nardello, Kivilev, Sastre, Zubeldia, Sastre, Evans
    FCN = 4
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Zubeldia clean?
  • Hoopdriver
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Interesting announcements from the UCI today. Independent committee set up to investigate claims against UCI, case against Kimmage put on hold, Armstrong's victories not to be re-allocated. Finally some sense from the UCI?
    Damage control
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Should I be removing Armstrong from my twitter feed?

I just don't know. I never read twitter, and yet knowing he's there makes me feel dirty. On the other hand removing him looks like I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

Help me hivemind.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Hoopdriver
    Asprilla wrote:
    Should I be removing Armstrong from my twitter feed?

I just don't know. I never read twitter, and yet knowing he's there makes me feel dirty. On the other hand removing him looks like I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

Help me hivemind.
    I'd heard the boy has gone very quiet on Twitter
  • I have almost finished The Secret Race (a friend in the US sent me an uncensored copy). Lance does come across as an utter cnut. It's interesting stuff though. Well worth a read.
  • tailwindhome
    *bump

Oprah Interview on 17th Jan.......

Tell Oprah what those nasty Europeans made you do....
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    *bump

Will there be tears? Surely not...
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    BigMat wrote:
    *bump

Will there be tears? Surely not...

Definitely, although not as much as Johan :lol:
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    There will be tears. There will also be a woe is me tale.

What there won't be is any apologies or regrets for affecting, and possibly even ruining, the lives of those who challenged him.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Oprah "So why did you do drugs Lance"

Lance "I never tested positive for drugs"

The end.........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    90 minute interview, apparently. If he does admit it all, what does this mean for Johan and his appeal against the USADA and UCI sanctions? That's starting to look much more shaky.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    More importantly what would it mean for Armstrong and any implications over perjuring himself?
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I have almost finished The Secret Race (a friend in the US sent me an uncensored copy). Lance does come across as an utter cnut. It's interesting stuff though. Well worth a read.

I have this version too - Just read Tyler Hamiltons book and I am re-reading 'Tour de Force'. I quite liked Tyler, I read a few more things and watched some interviews with him, just comes across as competitive, but just got caught up in the rush of it all.

Lance will make even more money now, Interviews, book, news column, TV programme, film, perhaps even become an ambassador for anti doping in sport - who better to support even - He will have allot to pay out if he does confess. His recent silence has obviously been time used to plan ahead and mitigate his losses - assemble a crack team for out of court settlements and plan new contracts for another Lance rebirth.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    More importantly what would it mean for Armstrong and any implications over perjuring himself?

Perjuring himself? Has he explicity said in a court of law that he never took performance enhancing drugs? (as opposed to stating he did not fail any drug tests) Just asking the question, I don't know all the minutia of the story.

From what little I have read he constantly stated that he did not fail any drug tests (which was accurate, one that was an issue he got "doctors line")

Could be a very sensational interview, but I doubt it will answer all the questions, though wait too see how it progresses.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    edited January 2013
    FoldingJoe wrote:

Perjuring himself? Has he explicity said in a court of law that he never took performance enhancing drugs? (as opposed to stating he did not fail any drug tests) Just asking the question, I don't know all the minutia of the story.

From what little I have read he constantly stated that he did not fail any drug tests (which was accurate, one that was an issue he got "doctors line")

Could be a very sensational interview, but I doubt it will answer all the questions, though wait too see how it progresses.

That's a good point - but I think they would have directly asked him if he had taken PED's, wouldn't you?

Edit - apparently he did deny it in 2005.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807