I don't believe Lance Armstrong and I never will...

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I'm thinking DDD has missed his calling and should have been a lawyer. He could then get paid to twist the available evidence and attempt to persuade others that his point of view is correct, despite, not because of, the evidence.

Troll.

I'm out.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    DDD, doping charges don't work like normal criminal charges. You are guilty unless you can prove your innocence. Same as Contadope, they caught clen in his body, he decided to fight the charge but his excuses weren't really good enough (vas in very very unlikely) and therefore lost.

Same thing here but with a twist, the evidence is presented but Lance didn't decide to fight it. Hence that is it. He is a doper and a cheat. And I don't give a damn what Wiggo or Brailsford say, bunch of hypocrites the both of them.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    DDD have you read the 202 pages?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    gabriel959 wrote:
    DDD, doping charges don't work like normal criminal charges. You are guilty unless you can prove your innocence. Same as Contadope, they caught clen in his body, he decided to fight the charge but his excuses weren't really good enough (vas in very very unlikely) and therefore lost.

Same thing here but with a twist, the evidence is presented but Lance didn't decide to fight it. Hence that is it. He is a doper and a cheat.

But I'm not saying he didn't do it remember. I'm saying that he probably did do what he is accused of. Or that the evidence against him is damning. People take an issue because I won't commit to saying that he did do it.
    And I don't give a damn what Wiggo or Brailsford say, bunch of hypocrites the both of them.

The above proves that everyone in cycling has an opinion no matter how unique.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Our Super-mod being the hypocrite again. (You never accept anything but your own opinion - look at my banning for example).

Yes or no questions (to all):

Has Lance been tried in court and found guilty? Yes or No.

In view of your answer above, is it correct to say that he is guilty (in the legal sense) of what he has been accused of? Yes or No.

If you look at your thread title, it's about what you believe, rather than what the courts say.

If it was what the court says, there's precedence as mentioned in the USADA document that a refusal to contest doping charges is considered an admission of guilt.

It's been taken as such, hence all the furore and general consensus etc etc.

After all, we're talking about sport rules regarding doping, rather than a proper criminal court, so the rules to play by are different, as far as I understand anyway.

---

Point is, in light of all that you've seen, do you still refuse to believe he doped and never will? If so, why do you consider his word more highly than the people who have testified against him, as well as all the glaringly obvious circumstantial evidence?

Or is your thread title actually saying you don't believe a word that comes out of Armstrong's mouth?
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I'm thinking DDD has missed his calling and should have been a lawyer. He could then get paid to twist the available evidence and attempt to persuade others that his point of view is correct, despite, not because of, the evidence.
    Nah, politician. Avoid the binary question and provide a different answer. Have you read the report yet?
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • DonDaddyD
    JZed wrote:
    I keep saying yes and no one will believe me.

It's like when people ask me have I read the Bible.

"Yes, Jesus did it".
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    The analogy is incorrect as all the New Testament books were written after Jesus' death.

Notwithstanding this there has been (and there is) serious debate about the authorship of the gospel, leters, etc (unlike in this case).

So, no the comparison with the Bible isn't valid.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Nah, politician. Avoid the binary question and provide a different answer.

*US politician.
  • jzed
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    JZed wrote:
    I keep saying yes and no one will believe me.

I must have missed it.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Im with RC on this one. So you do believe he doped but are on some holier than thou crusade as you seem to think you are the only one who is aware that it hasn't been legally proven yet.

Same as everyone else.
  • DonDaddyD
    If you look at your thread title, it's about what you believe, rather than what the courts say.

If it was what the court says, there's precedence as mentioned in the USADA document that a refusal to contest doping charges is considered an admission of guilt.

It's been taken as such, hence all the furore and general consensus etc etc.

After all, we're talking about sport rules regarding doping, rather than a proper criminal court, so the rules to play by are different, as far as I understand anyway.

---

Point is, in light of all that you've seen, do you still refuse to believe he doped and never will? If so, why do you consider his word more highly than the people who have testified against him, as well as all the glaringly obvious circumstantial evidence?

Or is your thread title actually saying you don't believe a word that comes out of Armstrong's mouth?

And
    Im with RC on this one. So you do believe he doped but are on some holier than thou crusade as you seem to think you are the only one who is aware that it hasn't been legally proven yet.

Same as everyone else.

Read what I wrote:
    I'm not saying he did not do the things he is accused of, that would deny the validity of the evidence given. What I am doing is stopping short of saying that he absolutely did

And
    But I'm not saying he didn't do it remember. I'm saying that he probably did do what he is accused of. Or that the evidence against him is damning. People take an issue because I won't commit to saying that he did do it.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Anonymous
    So you believe that he probably doped (and all that other stuff), but you do not feel strongly enough to state it as fact.

Noone is taking an issue with that. Seems fair enough, if not a bit stubborn.

You have this way of taking a simple concept - such as the top line, and turning into 7 pages of drivel which no-one quite understands, so ends up questioning your intelligence.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited October 2012
    coriordan wrote:
    So you believe that he probably doped (and all that other stuff), but you do not feel strongly enough to state it as fact.

You have this way of taking a simple concept - such as the top line, and turning into 7 pages of drivel which no-one quite understands, so ends up questioning your intelligence.
    Thank you for the insult. You seemed happy to participate and respond, so the real question is how stupid are you?
    Food Chain number = 4

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    If you apply that logic to the rest of the world I'm surprised you can get out of bed in the morning without getting bogged down in epitsemological turmoil.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You seemed happy to participate and respond, so the real question is how stupid are you?
    Perhaps you could make a new thread for this.
  • DonDaddyD
    If you apply that logic to the rest of the world I'm surprised you can get out of bed in the morning without getting bogged down in epitsemological turmoil.
    I get by just fine thank you.

I am not so arrogant as to look down my snout (or up - depending on stature) at others who choose to live and think differently.

There is a time for when, when not to and when I so please and I am not answerable to you.
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

Thank you for the insult. You seemed happy to participate and respond, so the real question is how stupid are you?

There is no insult in Coriordans post.

It's a good summary of the thread.

You don't feel the evidence has been tested. Fair enough. It's up to you how you choose to interpret Armstrongs waiving of the right to challenge the evidence. But when we get into pages of drivel about Spiderman, evil geniuses and deals with super doctors you look like a fool.

Either way I'm out.

Shut up you
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Anonymous
    Thanks TWH, it wasn't really meant to be, just 'to the point'

My work here is done. Unsubscribe
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

Same thing here but with a twist, the evidence is presented but Lance didn't decide to fight it. Hence that is it. He is a doper and a cheat.

And I don't give a damn what Wiggo or Brailsford say, bunch of hypocrites the both of them.

The above proves that everyone in cycling has an opinion no matter how unique.

To be fair, I was taking issue with the fact that you were giving more weight to the evidence he doped than you were to the evidenced that he co-erced and mistreated those around him.

I was hoping for an explanation but we got lost in a sea of obfuscation.
    Rules are for fools.
  • DonDaddyD
    But when we get into pages of drivel about Spiderman, evil geniuses and deals with super doctors you look like a fool.
    This is what happens when you lose your seed. You exaggerate to female proportions. What is it like living in a World where 2+2=5?

Example:

"Honey did you wash the dishes"

"No, I know I normally do but this one time I didn't have time"

"I can't believe you haven't washed the dishes, I do everything around here and you don't love me, I hate you! You think I'm fat!"

Honestly, I made one or two posts, one about Spider-man and probably (that word again) another referring to Lance as an evil genius and even then, it was a JOKE!

A fart with no smell.
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    But when we get into pages of drivel about Spiderman, evil geniuses and deals with super doctors you look like a fool.
    This is what happens when you lose your seed. You exaggerate to female proportions. What is it like living in a World where 2+2=5?

What's it like being more annoying than my right testicle?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DonDaddyD wrote:

What's it like being more annoying than my right testicle?
    TWH, you know better than to feed the troll. Step away from the thread.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • tailwindhome
    Example:

"What you mean I haven't washed the dishes? Are you the dish? Do you know wether or not you've been washed. Yes it may look as if the dishes haven't been washed but you haven't proven that I didn't wash them. It may be that I probably didn't wash them or likely didn't wash them or it's probably likley that I didn't wash them but you can't commit to saying 100% that I didn't wash them. Anyway what difference does it make if I didn't wash them, everyone else didn't wash them. Spiderman didn't wash Mary Jane's dishes but he still wore lycra. You just want me to say that I didn't wash the dishes well I can't say that. Straight question. Has it been proven 100% in court that I didn't wash the dishes or indeed that the dishes weren't washed? Greg is a lawyer and he says I might have done the dishes. What are you some kind of evil super dish genius?"

"O f*ck it. I'll wash them myself"
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    Awesome.
    Rules are for fools.
  • jzed
    Example:

"What you mean I haven't washed the dishes? Are you the dish? Do you know wether or not you've been washed. Yes it may look as if the dishes haven't been washed but you haven't proven that I didn't wash them. It may be that I probably didn't wash them or likely didn't wash them or it's probably likley that I didn't wash them but you can't commit to saying 100% that I didn't wash them. Anyway what difference does it make if I didn't wash them, everyone else didn't wash them. Spiderman didn't wash Mary Jane's dishes but he still wore lycra. You just want me to say that I didn't wash the dishes well I can't say that. Straight question. Has it been proven 100% in court that I didn't wash the dishes or indeed that the dishes weren't washed? Greg is a lawyer and he says I might have done the dishes. What are you some kind of evil super dish genius?"

Superb!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    What irritates me most about this, are the pathetic bans given to the likes of Leipheimer who raced for years whilst doped. I guess the USDA would argue that these 'sweetheart' deals were a necessity, but these guys have made a good living on the back of their doping and at the expense of clean cyclists. 6 months is a slap in the face to the sport, the fans and the clean riders. Why can't these guys be hit in the pocket? Otherwise we're saying, ok so dope. If you get caught you get a ban and results get revoked, but all that money you accrued over 5/6 years, you get to keep all of that. Doping ban should = a fine based on money earned whilst doped. A big fat fine that leaves these f*ckers gasping for air. That'd lay down a marker.
  • DonDaddyD
    Example:

I salute you.

I DonDaddydD have been pwned.
    Food Chain number = 4

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Example:

Nicely done Sir. I was going to ask if he thought Jimmy Savile was innocent, but this is probably a less emotive analogy.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134