I don't believe Lance Armstrong and I never will...

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    :lol:

The PM where EKE tries to chat up MsManc and she replies "You're just a DDD-lite" still hurts.

That's why he bites.

It wasn't DDD-lite, it was "DDD, but lighter", coz, you know, you're fat and I'm not.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Blimmin' eck
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

The PM where EKE tries to chat up MsManc and she replies "You're just a DDD-lite" still hurts.

That's why he bites.

It wasn't DDD-lite, it was "DDD, but lighter", coz, you know, you're fat and I'm not.

That's a good one. You're only scrawny because you're ugly. So ugly in fact it's actually illegal for you to go past a certain weight. Authorities want to make sure there is less of you in the World.

And don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

:mrgreen:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • EKE_38BPM
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

That's why he bites.

That's a good one. You're only scrawny because you're ugly. So ugly in fact it's actually illegal for you to go past a certain weight. Authorities want to make sure there is less of you in the World.

And don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

:mrgreen:

I don't hate you. You're too insignificant to hate.
    Do you realise that everytime you ride up Balham hill your extreme weight makes it a little bit lower, you cause damage to the roads you ride along, your California Bearing Ratio is too high, single-handly you are responsible for the worldwide food shortage, you don't get punctures like normal people, the air in your innertubes makes a bid for freedom from the load.

• DonDaddyD
    The faster you go the heavier you become. Now you're just hating my awesome. When man evolved and developed a sense of self, did your offshoot of humanity evolve to develop the ability to hate?

Also

You look like you're taking sh*t when riding a bike:

1302875792860-15a1s6k20feek-670-75.jpg
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • EKE_38BPM
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    The faster you go the heavier you become. Now you're just hating my awesome. When man evolved and developed a sense of self, did your offshoot of humanity evolve to develop the ability to hate?

Also

I was fighting the gravity field generated by your bulk. Also, you don't become heavier, you become more massive.
    Its a good thing you ride so slowly or you'd become so massive you'd become a black hole. On the plus side, your stupid thoughts wouldn't escape and pollute the world.

I'm out.

• DonDaddyD
    edited October 2012
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Also

I was fighting the gravity field generated by your bulk. Also, you don't become heavier, you become more massive.
    Its a good thing you ride so slowly or you'd become so massive you'd become a black hole. On the plus side, your stupid thoughts wouldn't escape and pollute the world.

I'm out.
    I think you'll find that physics was using gravity to keep you and your ugly at bay. From what, I don't know! But for a Universal concept to gain sentience and take action just to combat your ugly says something.

And yes, I do ride slowly because I am massive.

Your ex girlfriend told you didn't she? I'm sorry you had to find out that way. Hurt's doesn't it?

I said the same to her.
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    For 2 black fellas that's some really poor trash talk.

It's like listening to 2 Irishmen rap.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    For 2 black fellas that's some really poor trash talk.

Mum cusses are off-limits. Chasey, is on patrol.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Depends how funny it is.
  • For 2 black fellas that's some really poor trash talk.

Well if we are talking Irish rap, you'd be hard pressed to beat If you want a ride I've got a horse outside. Play it twice and you'll be singing the chorus...

If you like what you hear there may be a vacancy for DDD or EKE to join the cool kids :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    http://53x12.com/do/show?page=article&id=123

Ferrari's response to the USADA doc.
  • tailwindhome
    the affidavits from USADA's witnesses are all dated between Sept. 21 and Oct. 9, 2012, well AFTER the "communication" of June 12 and the life ban of July 10

Yeah I wondered about that too...

Interesting read in context of Greg's comments way back at the start of this thread on how he'd begin a defence.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    the affidavits from USADA's witnesses are all dated between Sept. 21 and Oct. 9, 2012, well AFTER the "communication" of June 12 and the life ban of July 10

Interesting read in context of Greg's comments way back at the start of this thread on how he'd begin a defence.
    Don't you even...

Because when I said that I wouldn't commit 100% to agreeing Armstrong took drugs and was guilty of the other stuff (but probably was) you shouted me down and some called me idiot. What I was saying was in line with Greg's point.
    G66 wrote:
    by way of further clarification, many will see the report as giving finality; the truth at last laid bare, if you will. As a lawyer, I see it as the opening salvo in what would have been a long battle. Now there isn't going to be a battle, because one side's decided they don't want to fight. But experience tells me that whilst parts of the truth may be in the opening salvo, it is very unusual for the opening salvo to be 100% accurate without embellishment or mistake. Every lawyer knows that their case will take some hits, and they armour plate it accordingly.
    Food Chain number = 4

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Don't you even...

Because when I said that I wouldn't commit 100% to agreeing Armstrong took drugs and was guilty of the other stuff (but probably was) you shouted me down and some called me idiot. What I was saying was in line with Greg's point.
    G66 wrote:
    by way of further clarification, many will see the report as giving finality; the truth at last laid bare, if you will. As a lawyer, I see it as the opening salvo in what would have been a long battle. Now there isn't going to be a battle, because one side's decided they don't want to fight. But experience tells me that whilst parts of the truth may be in the opening salvo, it is very unusual for the opening salvo to be 100% accurate without embellishment or mistake. Every lawyer knows that their case will take some hits, and they armour plate it accordingly.

Nah. At best he might have a technical legal defence, but the truth is out there now.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134

If I had a valid defence, I'd probably submit a defence document rather than stick it on my blog. I was laughing out loud by point 8 - so Armstrong was paying for tips on saddle height adjustment. O-kaaaay... :roll:
  • DonDaddyD
    Doesn't matter, at this stage it isn't wrong to say that the 'reasoned decision' is probably accurate or that Lance is probably guilty of the accusations.
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    BigMat wrote:

If I had a valid defence, I'd probably submit a defence document rather than stick it on my blog. I was laughing out loud by point 8 - so Armstrong was paying for tips on saddle height adjustment. O-kaaaay... :roll:

I said it was interesting, not credible.

Yeah, posting it on your blog is the way to go. He didn't say much about the $1million Lance paid him though. Seems a bit much for saddle height advice, if he had been nicer to Lemond he would have worked it out for him....
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    It appears that Mr Armstrong has stepped down as chairman of Livestrong.

Edit: and Nike are terminating his contract.

Read into that what you will.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • DonDaddyD
    I wouldn't read too much into it.

Many people who have court cases bought against them lose their jobs despite their apparent innocence or the fact that they are innocent until proven guilty.

Nike are thinking about its reputation and Livestrong probably had a Board battle that Lance lost because his tarnished reputation could be seen to damage the Charity's profile. This probably would have all happened sooner had he decided to fight the case.
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    About time Nike. At least their statement is unambiguous.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited October 2012
    'Seemingly insurmountable evidence' = he probably did it. They ain't saying that he did do it.

Just saying....
    Food Chain number = 4

• jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    'Seemingly insurmountable evidence' = he probably did it. They ain't saying that he did do it.

Just saying....

Like they would ever say yes he did it.
  • il_principe
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Just saying....

Well they can hardly say he did, imagine the lawyers would have a field day. But they've not left much room for doubt. Time for Trek, Oakley etc now. I wonder how SRAM feel about all this?
  • DonDaddyD
    Whether he admits to it or not, Lance is 'phlucked', and because he didn't attempt to defend himself it makes his credibility mean nothing. Honestly, I do not know where he goes from here. Even if he remains a free man, it would take a marketing genius to to save the Armstrong Brand - unless he was to go into pharmaceuticals or something...
    Food Chain number = 4

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Just saying....

Well they can hardly say he did, imagine the lawyers would have a field day. But they've not left much room for doubt. Time for Trek, Oakley etc now. I wonder how SRAM feel about all this?
    How much of Trek and SRAM does he own?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • il_principe
    JonGinge wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Just saying....

I dunno. Both are privately held. He invested several million in SRAM so it can't be very significant.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JonGinge wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Just saying....

I dunno. Both are privately held. He invested several million in SRAM so it can't be very significant.
    Tried to find the figures but agree that it's probably not a great deal.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • If he doesn't end up jailed and bankrupt I think he'd have to count that as a win.