So. October 11th it is...[Look away if you're squeamish]

Comments

• msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yawn.

It's not the same thing and if you think it is then your argument is bollocks. Have children, you may one day understand.

BUT, you have your view and I have mine.

There is nothing more condescending than someone who has children being patronising to someone who is child-free/childless. Just because you have a child doesn't mean that you're always right and they're always wrong, you know. Your last sentence is incredibly insulting to those who either don't want them, can't have them, or haven't flipping well decided yet.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yawn.

It's not the same thing and if you think it is then your argument is bollocks. Have children, you may one day understand.

My point wasn't to comment on your abilities as a father, I'm sure all the Ds will live happily ever after.
    The point was to poke fun at your claiming that you were just having a bit of a giggle. It was either that or throw in a bit of casual racism - you know, just the 'fun' kind that only real sticklers get offended by.

Fortunately nobody is offended by you here because they know what you're like. That doesn't mean that if you said it to the wrong random bloke in the wrong pub that you might not get a punch for your efforts.

And, also, because you can't take it :wink:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    msmancunia wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yawn.

There is nothing more condescending than someone who has children being patronising to someone who is child-free/childless.

Good, that was my intention. :wink:
    The point was to poke fun at your claiming that you were just having a bit of a giggle. It was either that or throw in a bit of casual racism - you know, just the 'fun' kind that only real sticklers get offended by.

Sometimes casual racism is cool. Chris Rock made a whole career out of it.

Look, like the insult scale there are lines and levels of how far you can go when poking fun. Talking about parenting, which I actually don't think you were, would be off limits IMO. But mentioning it has progressed the conversation along in an interesting direction - partly why I haven't gone all 'DDD' on ya! :wink:

Calling someone (directly) a jaffa is a bit much. Alluding to something by saying your going to be posting in pink, I'd like to think that wouldn't bother me.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Nice bit of post editing going on to.

Well for a start I am not going to have children but that in no way robs me of any right to question anyone who is a parent. I just wish parents would control their children more before questioning the actions/choices of other people.
  • Paul E
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Calling someone (directly) a jaffa is a bit much. Alluding to something by saying your going to be posting in pink, I'd like to think that wouldn't bother me.

That doesn't bother you as it doesn't relate to your minority. But hey it's all fun hey.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    dhope wrote:
    To give it, you must first learn to receive.

Did Headhuunter tell you that?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DonDaddyD
    Paul E wrote:
    Nice bit of post editing going on to.

Well for a start I am not going to have children but that in no way robs me of any right to question anyone who is a parent. I just wish parents would control their children more before questioning the actions/choices of other people.
    Every child is different so there isn't one set rule. There are sometimes many reasons why kids appear out of control ranging from behaviour issues to deeply rooted psychological ones that could be no fault of the parents. It could simply be that the child is in the process of learning the boundaries of how to behave in public.

I'm a new parent so every day I learn or have to consider something new and things I was never aware of and would never have been without actually having had a child. This and the lessons I learn are specific to me, it may be different for other parents - I don't know I am not them - and it doesn't mean you are not learning lessons each day from encountering experiences specific to your life. The World is different for each person. My experiences as a parent are differemt to yours and I am afforded experiences as a parent that are not likely to experience without beomg a parent. All that said, its not that I think non-parents cannot question the parenting of others. Its that I don't think anyone should question this without actually being the parent of that child.

Who are we to judge the life of another?

I think I said something similar to MsManc earlier in this thread about judging the worth of a man. And no, I do not believe I was judging anyone's life. Poking fun at a decision, stating it is something I couldn't do, yes.

Now obiviously there are some thing s that are just wrong, physical and emotional abuse, but day to day parenting when I am taking a snap shot of that parents interaction with that child, I don't think it is anyones place to judge.

On the whole snip thing, its clearly two things: (I) something I couldn't do. (II) tongue in cheek banter. Of you cannot see that then that is your issues, fart with no smell.

I think there are few parrellels between parenting and having the snip.

But I understand you have difficulty agreeing with me or seeing my point so I await your post telling me I am wrong or raising yet some other issue. :roll:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Paul E
    DonDaddyD wrote:

But I understand you have difficulty agreeing with me or seeing my point so I await your post telling me I am wrong or raising yet some other issue. :roll:

No I will leave that to you, it's more your style!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    M'kay

So 3.30pm yesterday I was sitting in the reception area of the Day Procedure Unit by 6.30 I was on my way home.

The procedure was done under general anesthetic which seems like a great option. Walked in theatre, got an injection to numb my arm for the anesthetic. Was told to count to 30. At 17 I was having a chuckle that the drugs weren't working. Half an hour later I was waking up with the deed done.

They did any necessary shaving.

Apparently the surgeon prefers to do this under general as under local everything still 'retracts' as soon as the scalpel makes contact whereas under general everything is relaxed. He reckons he can do it in 13 mins and had 8 on his list for yesterday afternoon.

As I was coming round I started to feel some discomfort. If normal conditions is 1 and a kick in the balls is 10 I would rate it a 4. I was given some pain killers which took the edge off.

Then out to the recovery area for tea and toast and they phoned my wife to collect me.

So all in all it went well. I have to wear a 'scrotal' support for 48hrs which is a bit uncomfortable but not too bad. I expect there'll be a 'moment' when this comes off. On the pain scale above I'm at about a 2.

So far so good. A couple of days of inconvenience for a permanent contraceptive solution seems a no brainer.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Paul E
    Do you feel less of a man though as that apparently is the most important thing, or are you suddenly going to do "womanly" things?
  • DonDaddyD
    Who else wants to see a picture of the scrotal support!?

Go on! Be honest!
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    Paul E wrote:
    Do you feel less of a man though as that apparently is the most important thing, or are you suddenly going to do "womanly" things?

Let.It.Go
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Paul E wrote:

Let.It.Go

Is that what you have to say to Mrs TWH at the moment?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861

So all in all it went well. I have to wear a 'scrotal' support for 48hrs which is a bit uncomfortable but not too bad. I expect there'll be a 'moment' when this comes off. On the pain scale above I'm at about a 2.

does this mean you have to sit down to go for a wee now?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Paul E wrote:

Let.It.Go
    Like the new avatar though :twisted:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    General sounds much better then. I was in and out in 25 minutes including a chat about what they were doing. I recon it would have been quicker if they didn't bust a blood vessel. No supports other than close fitting grundies. Didn't sleep at all well last night, as the left one that they messed up on is really sore. Slept on the settee so not to disturb the missus(if she doesn't get her sleep I'd know about it). Probably a 4 on the scale now, was a 10 as they were zapping the left one until more anaesthetic went in.

Just been out to shops, and popped a stew in the slow cooker. Got a brake cable outer to replace later.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    msmancunia wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yawn.

There is nothing more condescending than someone who has children being patronising to someone who is child-free/childless. Just because you have a child doesn't mean that you're always right and they're always wrong, you know. Your last sentence is incredibly insulting to those who either don't want them, can't have them, or haven't flipping well decided yet.

Well said...
  • dhope wrote:
    Paul E wrote:

Let.It.Go
    Like the new avatar though :twisted:

Aye. I almost prefer it to that picture of Bishop from Aliens.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Glad to hear you're both still alive. Thought my turn was imminent until Mrs F informed me the other day that she wants a third Fugglet. Talk about a kick in the nuts...
    FCN 3 / 4
  • TWH: dare* you to try this: http://www.thatvideosite.com/v/4546

Looks like fun!

*not really. In the sense that even if you do it, I'm not.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • A little bit more cheering for you:

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/32445/

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    I love the names you call your kids - Fugglet, Flim-flam gadget etc - always make me smile :-)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Liking TWH's new avatar. I might change mine to Napoleon or something, bored of only using one hand. No, I didn't meant that!
  • tailwindhome
    Greg66 wrote:
    TWH: dare* you to try this: http://www.thatvideosite.com/v/4546

Looks like fun!

*not really. In the sense that even if you do it, I'm not.

I'll look later. Loose Women is just about to start...
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    Glad you both got through (relatively) unscathed. General anaesthetic seems a great option....I still have the occasional vivid memory of my procedure that makes all the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. :!:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Good man, I haven't read the whole thread yet but are you doing a blog? I need to get the snip soon but I don't want to take any time off the bike :)

I'll be keeping an eye on your recovery
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • fossyant
    I hope you are doing better than me. It's not looking likely I will be in work next week. The ball the Dr messed up is incredibly painful, the other is fine. On a mix of paracetamol and ibuprofen, but its not touching the pain. Will send the wife out to get something stronger later.

The pain is making me feel sick it's that bad.

How are you doing. Bored stupid here.
  • Sorry to hear about your pain. Here is a little Youtube clip to cheer you up and take your mind off things.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • fossyant
    Incredibly p!$$ed off. The bust blood vessel has caused a haematoma, basically a pool of blood that's not far off ball sized. It is incredibly painful. Doctors don't tell you there is a 1 in 5 chance of this, this was due to the blood vessel. Wife is really unhappy too as it takes quite some time for a haematoma to clear, can be over a month, so no action for a while. She is also worried about the long term pain issues, this is another thing the doctor didn't answer when I queried it. Drugged up to the eye balls with prescription codeine, paracetamol, ibuprofen and any bruise cream available on the affected area.

Can't sit straight, so have to recline. Off work as there is no way I can sit in a car for 45 minutes, or on a bus. Bike is a no no. Never before have I thought 'no way to riding'. Really not happy being off work as I know work will pile up, doing the best to keep up with emails though.

These ops either go quite well, or not well at all. At least they are not melon sized, but the pain is incredible. I'm not someone who bruises much, but I have a rather purple left hand ball.

So, morale of the story, it is either a doddle and you are back at work within a few days (like I was hoping) or the Doc makes a bit of a mess

I had thought I was getting the 'expert' but I ended up with a junior doctor under the experts occasional supervision. i know Docs have to learn, but not on my privates. Totally hissed off about getting back on the bike, can't even think about it.

Be warned, and be prepared if it doesn't go to plan. It's not a simple op as the wife might say. Oh get it done under general, then you won't feel it going wrong.
  • tailwindhome
    fossyant wrote:
    Incredibly p!$$ed off. The bust blood vessel has caused a haematoma, basically a pool of blood that's not far off ball sized. It is incredibly painful. Doctors don't tell you there is a 1 in 5 chance of this, this was due to the blood vessel. Wife is really unhappy too as it takes quite some time for a haematoma to clear, can be over a month, so no action for a while. She is also worried about the long term pain issues, this is another thing the doctor didn't answer when I queried it. Drugged up to the eye balls with prescription codeine, paracetamol, ibuprofen and any bruise cream available on the affected area.

Can't sit straight, so have to recline. Off work as there is no way I can sit in a car for 45 minutes, or on a bus. Bike is a no no. Never before have I thought 'no way to riding'. Really not happy being off work as I know work will pile up, doing the best to keep up with emails though.

These ops either go quite well, or not well at all. At least they are not melon sized, but the pain is incredible. I'm not someone who bruises much, but I have a rather purple left hand ball.

So, morale of the story, it is either a doddle and you are back at work within a few days (like I was hoping) or the Doc makes a bit of a mess

I had thought I was getting the 'expert' but I ended up with a junior doctor under the experts occasional supervision. i know Docs have to learn, but not on my privates. Totally hissed off about getting back on the bike, can't even think about it.

Be warned, and be prepared if it doesn't go to plan. It's not a simple op as the wife might say. Oh get it done under general, then you won't feel it going wrong.

Sh1t fella. Sorry to hear that.

I've grand all weekend but rightie was a bit bruised, sore and swollen today so took an extra day off. I was staring to worry I had one of those haemotoma things but judging from your description I don't - that probably doesn't comfort you in anyway....

Rest up and get better soon....