Vuelta a España Stage 19 *Spoiler*

124»

Comments

• LangerDan wrote:
    Think he just showed them the '13 incher'

AFX, You want our PTP Rainbow World's picks now?
    Don't think it's been made any easier - both Ballan and valve.piti in good shape too.)

Don't start the auld mind games with me.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Odd that he is often good at the end of the season though...

Last season he was good all season. This year he's had a stinker, which is a shame because I really rate him. Loved watching him last Spring.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Wassup with Bakelandts and Swift both being classified in 7th?
  • https://twitter.com/Phil_Gilbert1/status/244145625648754688/photo/1

Now we know why they try so hard for the wins -> the beer at the end of the day (and platter of smoked meats).
  • https://twitter.com/Phil_Gilbert1/status/244145625648754688/photo/1

Now we know why they try so hard for the wins -> the beer at the end of the day (and platter of smoked meats).

Wild. I pray I never get invited to a party at Phil Gil's house.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Gilbert looking seriously strong there, must be Number one favourite for the Worlds now. If he wins the Worlds and Lombardy his Wikipedia entry for this season will start to look pretty good.

For PTP reasons though I was hoping that Ben Swift was going to come round him.

This has been a very good race hasn't it.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,574
    Chapeau Lichtblick - good commentary.
  • swift coming into form?
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • but did Swifty have some kind of problem (apart from the legs, I mean)? something red on the road, he looked back at it, drifted back and looked down at the bike again?

It looked like he went over one of the thunder clapper things, may have burst pretty loudly and made him think he had a blow out or something. Not sure if he would have had the legs anyway but it seemed like a loss of concentration for a split second and then that was it
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Gilbert looking seriously strong there

Jesus! Look how suspicious we all are now at any decent performance :shock:

Not saying you're wrong Inky, but it makes me feel a bit sad. Like we've lost our innocence or something.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    LangerDan wrote:
    Think he just showed them the '13 incher'

AFX, You want our PTP Rainbow World's picks now?
    Don't think it's been made any easier - both Ballan and valve.piti in good shape too.)
    Don't think Ballan will ride the worlds. The Italians don't select anyone with any doping past or present suspicion anymore
  • Gilbert looking seriously strong there

Jesus! Look how suspicious we all are now at any decent performance :shock:

Not saying you're wrong Inky, but it makes me feel a bit sad. Like we've lost our innocence or something.

Tthat's just a silly attitude though, somebody has to win each race. If we suspect people purely for winning then what's the point?

For me Gilbert is a sign that cycling has cleaned up, he won nowt in his FDJ days in the transfusion era and then came into his own in what is regarded as a cleaner era.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • CORVOS_00019875-038.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest