Vuelta a España Stage 19 *Spoiler*

victorponf
victorponf Posts: 1,187
edited September 2012 in Pro race
All about Lastrilla stage, that has very complicated last Kms

http://www.revistadesdelacuneta.com/tengopagina.php?page=v12et19
If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com

Comments

• machado.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    @richie_porte
    Hey @Phil_Gilbert1 just in team meeting, can you tell us where you are planning to attack today? Thanks mate...
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    :lol::D
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Look, friendly manly handshake.

085-RTR37KM8.jpg

and big man-hug. :)

090-RTR37KM2.jpg
  • Lichtblick
    83 km to go. Two guys off the front, numbers 57 and 29, 5 minutes ahead of the peleton. Everyone's going much slower than yesterday. Straight flat road inbetween parched fields. Some people on horses were riding alongside just now. Saxo towards the front, can make out Contador now I know what colour scheme to look for (since yesterday).
  • rick_chasey
    Lichtblick wrote:
    83 km to go. Two guys off the front, numbers 57 and 29, 5 minutes ahead of the peloton. Everyone's going much slower than yesterday. Straight flat road inbetween parched fields. Some people on horses were riding alongside just now. Saxo towards the front, can make out Contador now I know what colour scheme to look for (since yesterday).

Good man. Keep it up.
  • Lichtblick
    Feed Zone. Always fun to watch and they hardly ever show it to us. Slow down, grab hanging musette, sit up, transfer contents to pockets.

Throw away musette, presumably.
  • rick_chasey
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Feed Zone. Always fun to watch and they hardly ever show it to us. Slow down, grab hanging musette, sit up, transfer contents to pockets.

Throw away musette, presumably.

To a fan if they're lucky.

Or unlucky, if there's a can of coke in it ;).
  • Lichtblick

Good man. Keep it up.

D'you mean me? <wibble>
  • Lichtblick
    Well there can't have been much in those musettes, because none of them are eating. We just had a few close up shots.

OR they gobbled the contents in less than a minute.

Guys, eating that fast ain't good for ya!
  • rick_chasey
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Well there can't have been much in those musettes, because none of them are eating. We just had a few close up shots.

They usually take out what they want and stuff it into their jerseys.

It's not like they all have lunch whilst on the move!
  • Lichtblick
    Rider no. 57 just put his right foot on his saddle. I am not seeing things. Foot on saddle.
  • Lichtblick
    There's Contador completely surrounded by his Saxo team. Nice to see, if you recall the Astana with LA days.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Rider no. 57 just put his right foot on his saddle. I am not seeing things. Foot on saddle.
    Stretching out his quad?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Lichtblick wrote:

You mean you've never tried a spot of yoga when out on a ride ?
  • Lichtblick
    Rain starts spitting. Gap down to 3'41"
    Peleton rolling along chatting with each other
    Ag2r man pushes Radioshack man out the way
    no punchups
  • Lichtblick
    dsoutar wrote:
    Lichtblick wrote:

You mean you've never tried a spot of yoga when out on a ride ?

Blackbird flew into my lap once; had to swerve to avoid family of kamikaze pheasants and various roadkill; learned not to try to bunnyhop pavement edge; dogs are the worse, they run at your wheels, stupid bastards.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Lichtblick wrote:

They usually take out what they want and stuff it into their jerseys.

It's not like they all have lunch whilst on the move!

The more experienced riders will leave some food in the musette when they fling them - weighs it down and stops it blowing back into the bunch.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Lichtblick
    That makes perfect sense, LD.

It would be nice to see Gilbert win this one, but don't know where he is atm
  • rick_chasey
    Lichtblick wrote:
    That makes perfect sense, LD.

It would be nice to see Gilbert win this one, but don't know where he is atm

Playing hide and seek, as the Belgians call it.
  • Lichtblick
    Lotto man laughs himself nearly sick at some unknown joke............ thought he was going to fall off for a sec.
  • Lichtblick
    D'you like my commentary, Rick?
  • rick_chasey
    S'a dull stage so it's always nice for someone to take one for the team and let us know what's going on/ if it gets interesting. Then we know when to tune in.

You'll often see me spouting all sorts of commentary and analysis that's usually bull come March and April when everyone else is busy thinking about lunch.
  • At this rate, coverage of the Quebec race, this evening, could be delayed by the finish of this plod. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Lichtblick
    okee doke

Harman's running out of things to say on Eurosport and has appealled for listener comments.

I'll tell you what this reminds me of: the last day of a Tour when they're all rolling into Paris. Chatting etc., no hurry.
  • rick_chasey
    I suggest you tweet him regarding your sartorial opinions on Contador. ;)
  • Lichtblick
    Contador's wearing red, red white blue then blue white yellow. With white shoes with red strips. Easy to identify, eh?
  • @richie_porte
    Hey @Phil_Gilbert1 just in team meeting, can you tell us where you are planning to attack today? Thanks mate...

I've a couple of errands to run so it would be good to know. Any reply from Pip?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    edited September 2012
    Fair play to the peloton. A Caja Rural and Andalucia break going nowhere. Proper Vuelta.
  • Lichtblick
    The other thing this is beginning to remind me of, as they slowly (for them) follow a motorbike,
    is that keirin thing in the velodrome.

61km to go, break at 2'36"

They're off the big wide road and onto a much narrow track. Only room for about 6-8 abreast.