Twitter Rumours RE: Sky

Comments

• okgo wrote:
    I wish his 'gf' would shut the fark up personally, it does nothing for anyone, its very detrimental to just about everything apart from these kind of threads. Whoever does his PR needs shooting as she's an absoloute nightmare.

Well, that's not going to work as from what I can see, she seems to do it - website etc. She'll be taking over as his agent soon, no doubt :?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    I reckon Uran's girlfriend should be taking to Twitter. He has looked stronger than Froome at several points in the Vuelta and has had to give up his chances to help his leader. To add insult to injury Froome had his team push on when Uran crashed a few kms from the finish costing him loads of places. I mean, it's not like that's what a domestique is supposed to do or anything is it? ;)

I still reckon if Froome had persisted in those couple of attacks where he gapped Wiggins all that would have happened was he would have exploded like he did on Saturday and earlier in the race. He seems to have rushes of blood and pushes himself too hard - he should be thanking Wiggins for holding him back as he might have lost 2nd place otherwise. He needs to lose the GF - it's even worse than her being a Saffa, she's half Welsh!! If she carries on I wonder if it might put some other teams off signing Froome that would otherwise be interested, no matter what goes on inside a team (and there's bound to be the odd issue) it should be left there and not aired in public.
  • Gazzaputt wrote:
    Biggest thank you will be at the end of the year when all the prize money is divvied up between them all.

No this is pretty standard. A verbal thank you is not a lot to ask.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    hammerite wrote:
    symo wrote:
    How do you pronounce cound?

I say it like hound, just with a c. Not sure if that's right though.

No, in South Africa the final 'd' is pronounced as a 't' and the 'o' is silent ;)
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Pross wrote:
    I still reckon if Froome had persisted in those couple of attacks where he gapped Wiggins all that would have happened was he would have exploded like he did on Saturday and earlier in the race. He seems to have rushes of blood and pushes himself too hard - he should be thanking Wiggins for holding him back as he might have lost 2nd place otherwise.

I reckon that this is correct.
    Pross wrote:
    He needs to lose the GF - it's even worse than her being a Saffa, she's half Welsh!! If she carries on I wonder if it might put some other teams off signing Froome that would otherwise be interested, no matter what goes on inside a team (and there's bound to be the odd issue) it should be left there and not aired in public.

Don't think I can ever tell someone who to see, but she has nothing to do with the direction of the team.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • My personal opinion is that white Saffa's are like that because they've spent so many years being a minority in their own country, making them feel they need to assert themsleves more than most people do.

Technically, it's not their country. They stole it. But let's not open that can of worms :wink:

i think rescued it from a godless barbaric ill educated future to which, sadly, it seems desperate to return.
  • My personal opinion is that white Saffa's are like that because they've spent so many years being a minority in their own country, making them feel they need to assert themsleves more than most people do.

Technically, it's not their country. They stole it. But let's not open that can of worms :wink:

i think rescued it from a godless barbaric ill educated future to which, sadly, it seems desperate to return.

So something like Wigan then?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Pross
    No, not like Wigan - that has never been rescued!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    My personal opinion is that white Saffa's are like that because they've spent so many years being a minority in their own country, making them feel they need to assert themsleves more than most people do.

Comments like this make me want to cry.

Have a post-colonial slap from me.

Why oh why did I even touch on South African politics....
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    Indeed.

I always pronounced it Cound as in Racoon.

Got to love a bit of melodrama. Dry your eyes, Princess.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    My personal opinion is that white Saffa's are like that because they've spent so many years being a minority in their own country, making them feel they need to assert themsleves more than most people do.

Yeah, you didn't dedicate a year of your life to deconstructing comments like that and seeing what damage such discourse creates :P.

Anyway.

Why are people complaining about Cound? She's good value, no?

Yeah, you didn't dedicate a year of your life to deconstructing comments like that and seeing what damage such discourse creates :P.

A year of your life at university, by any chance?

@gietvangent

• Why are people complaining about Cound? She's good value, no?

It's like some car crash reality TV programme. She's fairly hateful, but mildly entertaining.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey

Why are people complaining about Cound? She's good value, no?

It's like some car crash reality TV programme. She's fairly hateful, but mildly entertaining.

It's a good insight into what Froome is discussing behind closed doors.

Can't see why as fans we mind this!

• Why are people complaining about Cound? She's good value, no?

It's a good insight into what Froome is discussing behind closed doors.

Can't see why as fans we mind this!

The whole point is that you can discuss these things behind closed doors. I regularly bitch and moan about friends and work contatcs to my Mrs, but she doesn't repeat them verbatim on twitter. She's complaining about Wiggins poor conduct (apparently not thanking team mates), but by putting that out on twitter she's behaving just as badly herself.

I would hope that Chris Froome cringes at some of the things she says, considering how hard he tries to be diplomatic in his interviews.

it's all a bit OK magazine/Loose women for my liking. I'm interested in a bit of racing gossip, but personal sniping is'nt really of interest to me. I appreciate that we are all different, if it floats your boat then that's fine.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    I have to admit, I enjoy the insight.

Having said that, I'm sure we've all said things to loved ones in confidence and would feel massively betrayed if they decided to then broadcast it on social networks... She doesn't seem like the worlds best girlfriend.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    she could have been talking about Brailsford, non?
  • According to Richard Moore's book "The Sky's the limit", Froome's salary went from £100k and about to go out the door to " a rumoured £1.2m". Maybe a couple of shopping trips are in order when he is finished work.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    edited September 2012
    I know I know, Twitter is full of sh*t, but...

Rumours Wiggins is yet to thank any team mates or staff regarding his Tour victory, and that things behind the scenes are not rosey and that they could implode at anytime.

Any truth in it?
    Of course it is true.....because we all know what a complete loon that Brailsford is....I mean why on Earth such an incompetant fool is allowed to run a top cycling team is beyond me.

Sack the useless idiot now. :roll: - rolleyes aimed at twitter losers and not the OP.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Pross
    Crozza wrote:
    she could have been talking about Brailsford, non?

Not from following that Twitter timeline that was posted, no.

She's a bit of a cracker though to be fair but I suspect if you had a relationship with her you'd be worrying what she would put on Twitter about you when you broke up.
  • rick_chasey
    Then again, I'm biased.

My twitter name got caught up in the TdF wag war.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Then again, I'm biased.

Most of this is your fault really.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Then again, I'm biased.

Next you'll be offering a shoulder for one of them to cry on :wink:
  • Just wow... Puts my corporate blurb from a Plumbing Supply Warehouse tattoo to shame.

@gietvangent
  • woody1545 wrote:

Wonder what part of his body it's on? :D
  • Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    waz it say? some of us can't get social networking at work.
  • rick_chasey
    Noclue wrote:
    waz it say? some of us can't get social networking at work.

It's the sky "this is the line" blurb tattoo.

A13QXcBCcAEr2vy.jpg