Twitter Rumours RE: Sky

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited September 2012 in Pro race
I know I know, Twitter is full of sh*t, but...

Rumours Wiggins is yet to thank any team mates or staff regarding his Tour victory, and that things behind the scenes are not rosey and that they could implode at anytime.

Any truth in it?

Comments

• If I had a quid for every Twitter rumour that tries to cast Wiggins - seemingly being lined up to take over the spot of favourite villian from Lance - and/or Sky, in a bad light, I wouldnt be back in the office tomorrow. Lots of hate for Wiggo and Sky out there in the Twitterverse, plus the likes of Cyclingnews and Velonation for some reason.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    This!
    cartoon.jpg
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Michelle Cound needs to shut TFU. It's not her business to keep spreading shit on Twitter.
  • Doobz wrote:
    This!

That and then comments about sky imploding and everybody being unhappy.
  • If she was my bird I'd be telling her to STFU.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    If she was my bird I'd be telling her to STFU.

I can tell you've never had any dealing with a South African chick.

:P
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:

Or women. :wink:
  • iainf72 wrote:

Knew plenty when I lived abroad. Stayed well clear, not worth the hassle.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 wrote:

heh - I lived in SA for half my life, and SA chicks raise it to a whole new level.
  • Sigh :roll:

it's got to the point with the gf that its questionable what's true and what's not because her angle is constantly to cast Froome as the poor, cheated victim of the Twin Evils of Sky and Wiggins.

Who knows that the truth is, but there was a photo of Wiggins and Froome having a pretty intense man-hug after the 2nd TT (sure someone can dig it out). As for not thanking staff, I think that's highly suspect. I read blogs posted by a Jaguar guy working with the team during the Tour, and he wrote about how after the first TT that Wiggins smoked, he went around each member of the staff thanking them.

I call bulls^&t on this
  • Sigh :roll:

it's got to the point with the gf that its questionable what's true and what's not because her angle is constantly to cast Froome as the poor, cheated victim of the Twin Evils of Sky and Wiggins.

Who knows that the truth is, but there was a photo of Wiggins and Froome having a pretty intense man-hug after the 2nd TT (sure someone can dig it out). As for not thanking staff, I think that's highly suspect. I read blogs posted by a Jaguar guy working with the team during the Tour, and he wrote about how after the first TT that Wiggins smoked, he went around each member of the staff thanking them.

I call bulls^&t on this
    The day Froome won the stage and Wiggins took yellow the hug after the stage and smiles looked pretty genuine to me. But it's possible it's all kicked off behind the scenes and this is the first we all know of it.
  • True, but Cound-girl has some sort of agenda - she's been making personal digs at Wiggins in her Twitter feed for months, not just during and since the Tour (and then deleting many of the tweets). She's not exactly a reliable neutral source of any type of information - or at least not in my book.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Is this some sort of experiment to see if this can go from Twitter rumour to Internet forum nonsense to fact?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    She seems like good looking. If that is the case she obviously is entitled to have an opinion.
  • ThomThom wrote:
    She seems like good looking. If that is the case she obviously is entitled to have an opinion.
    But she's blond and a woman so who really cares
  • Beatmaker
    smithy21 wrote:
    Is this some sort of experiment to see if this can go from Twitter rumour to Internet forum nonsense to fact?

To be fair, the discussion here isn't about Sky's alleged internal issues or Wiggins alleged lack of gratitude to his team, but about how the Mouth of the South (Africa) should shut up :lol:
  • Beatmaker wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:

To be fair, the discussion here isn't about Sky's alleged internal issues or Wiggins alleged lack of gratitude to his team, but about how the Mouth of the South (Africa) should shut up :lol:

If it annoys you so much, why read it?

Oh no, I'm sounding like Dennisn now... :(
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Does anyone really think that any sports team or club with about 30 people is going to exist in perfect harmony all the time? Every team is going have its tensions. It doesn't mean they're going to 'implode'.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Is Wiggo expected to go around the team like a Maunday parade? I think Chris Froome's girlfriend is a corrosive character. She does him no favours.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Say what you like about Cavendish, at least no one could ever accuse him of doing this!!!
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • iainf72
    Jez mon wrote:
    Say what you like about Cavendish, at least no one could ever accuse him of doing this!!!

Of doing what?
  • thomthom
    Not thanking everyone around the team, me think.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    iainf72 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:

Of doing what?

Winning then not thanking his team :oops:
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • iainf72
    Jez mon wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:

Of doing what?

Winning then not thanking his team :oops:

When he doesn't win, it's a slightly different story though :lol:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

heh - I lived in SA for half my life, and SA chicks raise it to a whole new level.

To be fair I think she is at least part Welsh.

This is not going to help in the general area of shutting up.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Jez mon wrote:
    Say what you like about Cavendish...

Oh, alright then. If a dead fish and a homeless person had a baby and the baby puked, and a dog ate the puke, Mark Cavendish smells like the rear end of that dog!
  • thomthom
    calvjones wrote:
    To be fair I think she is at least part Welsh.

This is not going to help in the general area of shutting up.

Gau i fyny!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    It would be interesting to hear what Froome himself had to say on the matter but I doubt that will happen unless he leaves sky. He really should tell his missus to stop stirring though. Imagine if your wife/girlfriend starred spreading shoot about one of your colleagues on twitter, not a great career move is it...
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:

If what annoys me? :? And read what?

I feel for Chris Froome if anything, if there is any friction betwenen him and Wiggo h has been very diplomatic about it. I just don't think we need WAGS causing trouble, that's all.
  • Beatmaker wrote:
    Beatmaker wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:

If what annoys me? :? And read what?

I feel for Chris Froome if anything, if there is any friction betwenen him and Wiggo h has been very diplomatic about it. I just don't think we need WAGS causing trouble, that's all.

How can the WAGS cause any problems if nobody reads it?