Twitter Rumours RE: Sky

Comments

• Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    UCI_Overlord is a very reliable source for made up anti-Sky stories.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Beatmaker wrote:
    Beatmaker wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:
    Is this some sort of experiment to see if this can go from Twitter rumour to Internet forum nonsense to fact?

To be fair, the discussion here isn't about Sky's alleged internal issues or Wiggins alleged lack of gratitude to his team, but about how the Mouth of the South (Africa) should shut up :lol:

If it annoys you so much, why read it?

Oh no, I'm sounding like Dennisn now... :(

If what annoys me? :? And read what?

I feel for Chris Froome if anything, if there is any friction betwenen him and Wiggo h has been very diplomatic about it. I just don't think we need WAGS causing trouble, that's all.

How can the WAGS cause any problems if nobody reads it?

Hypothetically speaking they can't, but that's never going to happen. People like controversy, so she'll always have an audience. And if we went around ignoring every point of view we didn't agree with, we'd be very narrow minded.

You can't deny these digs have the potential to harm her boyfriends career prospects at Sky.
  • Maybe it's a double act?

I know Wiggins can be a bit cutting and is a bit odd at times but I highly doubt he didn't thank people. He has done as much in interviews.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Beatmaker wrote:
    Hypothetically speaking they can't, but that's never going to happen. People like controversy, so she'll always have an audience. And if we went around ignoring every point of view we didn't agree with, we'd be very narrow minded.

You can't deny these digs have the potential to harm her boyfriends career prospects at Sky.

Your not really ignoring something if you haven't even read it. Don't think that's being narrow minded, just not interested. But fair enough, maybe everyone except me loves a bit of dirt?

And I reckon any damage Michelle Cound has done to Chris Froome's career is tiny, especially when you compare it to something like what Lewis Hamilton did over the weekend!
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Beatmaker wrote:

Your not really ignoring something if you haven't even read it. Don't think that's being narrow minded, just not interested. But fair enough, maybe everyone except me loves a bit of dirt?

And I reckon any damage Michelle Cound has done to Chris Froome's career is tiny, especially when you compare it to something like what Lewis Hamilton did over the weekend!

Which was?
  • jim453 wrote:
    Beatmaker wrote:

Which was?
    He tweeted a pic he had taken of a telemetry overlay of his and his team mates qualifying lap which also included car set up values. Essentially giving other teams some extremely valuable info.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    edited September 2012
    jim453 wrote:
    Beatmaker wrote:

Which was?

Oh, I see. What a moron.

As for Cound. Froome seems like a nice guy but let's face it, he's a little strange. He's probably worried he won't do any better than his current girlfriend if he sacks her off. Maybe he won't but she is an awful,awful, poisonous idiot. What has she got to say about how Uran has ridden his legs off in the Spanish mountains?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I did wonder what Hamilton was playing at there...
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    She's the Yoko Ono of Sky !

I really doubt what she's saying has any truth in it. It just doesn't ring true. Wiggins is no fool - he knows he couldn't have won without the team behind him. No rider could.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    cougie wrote:
    She's the Yoko Ono of Sky !

I really doubt what she's saying has any truth in it. It just doesn't ring true. Wiggins is no fool - he knows he couldn't have won without the team behind him. No rider could.

Contador?! in 2009 :lol:
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    :-)

Ok he didn't need his team. So long as his mate brings him his special steak - its all good. Nom nom.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    The weirdest thing is how polite and softly-spoken Froome is in interviews, compared to how his girlfriend acts on Twitter. I could totally understand if she was going out with Robbie Hunter...
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    cougie wrote:
    :-)

Ok he didn't need his team. So long as his mate brings him his special steak - its all good. Nom nom.

Are we calling Lance a mate of Alberto now?
  • Is Froome's GF the Lady Macbeth of cycling?
  • Chris Froome has acted with the utmost dignity in all of this, it's a shame that his Mrs can't do the same.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Chris Froome has acted with the utmost dignity in all of this, it's a shame that his Mrs can't do the same.

Completely agree. I said yesterday that his interview on ITV4 showed him to be a very modest and realistic person. The interviewer was trying to get him to blame his fatigue but he refused to bite. He just said "I'm just going to keep giving my maximum." He even joked that "I don't have the red jersey but I might be red in the face!" Which must hurt to admit.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    If she was my bird I'd be telling her to STFU.

I can tell you've never had any dealing with a South African chick.

:P

Or women. :wink:

heh - I lived in SA for half my life, and SA chicks raise it to a whole new level.

Still suffering from Stockholm syndrome?
  • I was at the cricket yesterday (England vs South Africa) and sat next to an absolutely lovely South African lady. Sadly, she is the only one i've ever met.

My personal opinion is that white Saffa's are like that because they've spent so many years being a minority in their own country, making them feel they need to assert themsleves more than most people do.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Last year Manuel Quinziato thanked Cadel Evans for winning the TdF as he got a nice bonus which meant he could have an extra long more luxurious holiday to Thailand! Quinziato took his Mrs.

Cound should be thankful, cos Wiggo's winnings will probably be helping to pay for her lovely holiday.

The amount of time that Wiggo and Froome must have spent together during and after the Tour at the Olympics, I can't imagine he didn't say thanks once.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,574
    Stirring a bit, but.... didn't Millar say exactly the same thing about Wiggins when he left Garmin?
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    not sure what to make of this story? Cound has a mouth on her I bet. Can bet she will not be popular at Sky. Perhaps she neglects to mention Chris has chosen to be a millionaire in exchange for signing away team leadership? I guess no team came near to matching Sky's offer and Froome dog couldn't see passed the $$$ss!!
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    My personal opinion is that white Saffa's are like that because they've spent so many years being a minority in their own country, making them feel they need to assert themsleves more than most people do.

Technically, it's not their country. They stole it. But let's not open that can of worms :wink:
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    How do you pronounce cound?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    I wish his 'gf' would shut the fuck up personally, it does nothing for anyone, its very detrimental to just about everything apart from these kind of threads. Whoever does his PR needs shooting as she's an absoloute nightmare.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Wrong thread.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Stirring a bit, but.... didn't Millar say exactly the same thing about Wiggins when he left Garmin?

Yes, he said very similar things.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Biggest thank you will be at the end of the year when all the prize money is divvied up between them all.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    symo wrote:
    How do you pronounce cound?

I say it like hound, just with a c. Not sure if that's right though.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Pretty sure I saw him say thanks on every single post stage interview they did.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • TheBigBean wrote:

Yes, he said very similar things.

True. Millar felt very bitter about Wiggo left Garmin and didnt hold anything back in his book. In a recent interview Millar said that in Copenhagen at the Worlds, Wiggo said admitted he'd behaved like a dickhead and Millar apologised for what he'd written.

I think Wiggo's done a fair amount of growing up since being brought crashing down to earth in 2010. Certainly seems the case, and its what people around him say. He'll always be a bit random but maybe that's part of his appeal.