Canyon Strive Sub <13kg build COMPLETED! - WEIGHT TO FOLLOW

124»

Comments

• I think that'd be an awesome bike with the 10mm rear axle on it. Its already has some pretty high reviews and everyone speaks highly of it. Unfortunately I have decided to keep the Canyon (At least for a while) as I have finished the build and it looks stunning!!!

IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1898.jpg
    IMG_1906.jpg
    IMG_1901.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1905.jpg
    IMG_1907.jpg

Still need to cut the reverb hose down to size (Maybe buy new Front Line too as its just a bit too short for my liking) and fit the Hans Dampfs/Sealant and go tubeless.

Spec:

Frame: Canyon Strive - Medium
    Shock: Fox RP23 Kashima
    Forks: Fox TALAS RC2 160-130-100mm Tapered

Wheels: Hope Pro 2/Stans Flow Rims
    Brakes: Formula R1
    Brake discs: Hope Floating Saw Rotors 203/183mm

Cranks: Shimano SLX
    Chainring: E-Thirteen 36T (Changing to black Hope 34T ring when I get it out of my girlfriends car!)
    Chain Guide: E-Thirteen
    Shifter: Sram X9 - 10spd
    Rear Mech: Sram X9 - 10spd
    Cassette: Sram 10spd
    Chain: Sram 10spd

Bars: RaceFace Stealth
    Stem: Thomson X4
    Headset: Not Sure Yet
    Headset with Hope Head doctor
    Saddle: Charge Spoon
    Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb 410mm with 125drop.
    Grips: Ragley

Tyres: Maxxis High Roller 2.35" - Running with Tubes atm but changing to Schwalbe Hans Dampf tubeless when sealant turns up!
    Pedals: DMR V8s (Only to have test run up and down street)

WEIGHT: Not sure yet but hoping around 13.5kg... Fingers Crossed (I'll head to LBS and get it weighed very soon)

Only set up levers, shifters and seat atm, need to set up suspension properly and then its a sorted bike!!!

Thanks for all the advise from everyone, I appreciate it all..
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    How come you are selling it?
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    supersonic wrote:
    How come you are selling it?
    For a seemingly high price as well considering the price of a brand new ES9.0 is £2.3k in the sale!
  • Yea, Its £2400 but without this spec... I have considered the price for about 5mins so I wasn't 100% sure it was the correct amount but in the region of £2500 is kind of the price range.

I don't have a reason to sell but I thought if I can get £2.5k for it then I don't mind selling..I love bikes and even though I have just finished it I am now thinking about how I'm going to afford the tickets, visas and everything else it'll cost to move down under.
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    I've got to be honest, the only thing on your bike that you could say is legitimately 'better' than the 9.0SL is the Kashima'd shock. Everything else is equal or, more often, lower. You may have missed that the latest frame has a carbon rear end, and then there's the 9.0SL's full XO drivetrain (apart from cassette) and wheels that may not be 'better' but cost double at rrp. Your spec. is very similar to the 8.0, and second-hand, sans-warranty, etc, I think you'd be hard-pushed to get £1800.

Genuinely, good luck to you, I hope you find someone who'll love it and pay what they, and you, think it's worth, but you might have to be a little more realistic.
  • I think differently about the spec comparisons. The Carbon Rear end does nothing apart from make you ride more causiously.. It honestly has no difference to the ride.

I'd say the brakes, forks, Shock, Stem, Bars, Saddle, Cranks, headset and I'd go as far as to say the wheels are better as the reviews are far more realiable for the Hope wheelset.

Thanks but as I said, I don't mind not selling, I'm just putting it out there and see what people think.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Unfortunately I think 99% of people don't think like that lol, they will be looking at the carbon and fancy wheels!
  • Woody80
    supersonic wrote:
    Unfortunately I think 99% of people don't think like that lol, they will be looking at the carbon and fancy wheels!
    And weighing up secondhand SLX vs brand new X0!
  • lol I know SLX Cranks vs X0 Cranks no comparison but it doesn't have X0 crankset just mech and shifter. Mine is X9 which isn't a great deal worse.. Maybe I have already got emotionally attached without realising... :s
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    It has the carbon 2210AM chainset. It's non-series, and seems to sit between X9 and X0. Otherwise, I kind of agree with you, I'd prefer the Shimano chainset and Hope wheels, but I think Supersonic has it right about most potential buyers.
  • Woody80
    Keep it and ride it hard! I love mine, handles anything that I'm capable of and more I'm sure :D
  • Ahr I see yea, those Sram s2210 cranks are XOs but painted black.. Damn

Yea, I'll keep it and smash it! If it sells then it sells..no problem..