So I have a new bike.

Comments

• EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    He's not coming anywhere near my sack.

You may as well do your bit for future generations if you're getting into road biking - get it lopped off.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Now you are a roadie you need to add your FCN to your sig, sign up with Strava and bookmark the SCR thread.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Yeah, I think I might let my SCR membership lapse now.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    For fooks sake

I go off on my holidays, turn my back on the forum and you faggots are all having some big love in over Road bikes :roll:

I didn't throw myself off my bike at Crudstock for this to happen.

PS Its really sunny in Morzine :D
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Richie63 wrote:
    For fooks sake

I go off on my holidays, turn my back on the forum and you faggots are all having some big love in over Road bikes :roll:

It's really sunny here too, and I don't have to put up with the French.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Richie63 wrote:
    For fooks sake

It's really sunny here too, and I don't have to put up with the French.

Looks like you've finally got some, just watching NZ v NED in womens hockey for no obvious reason and noticed it was sunny there too after a few minutes.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Bartimaeus wrote:
    Now you are a roadie you need to add your FCN to your sig, sign up with Strava and bookmark the SCR thread.
    Considering I have no idea what FCN and SCR even mean, I'm going to give this a pass.
    Dammit, I was expecting more crudcatcher-ness than this. Everyone seems to think I've done a good thing :(
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Bartimaeus wrote:
    Considering I have no idea what FCN and SCR even mean, I'm going to give this a pass.
    Dammit, I was expecting more crudcatcher-ness than this. Everyone seems to think I've done a good thing :(

Bender
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • sandy hill
    sandy hill Posts: 390
    Bartimaeus wrote:

Need to know your enemy better. Food Chain Number and Sad Cnut Roadie.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I still have no idea what the frick you're on about.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    sandy hill wrote:
    Bartimaeus wrote:

Need to know your enemy better. Food Chain Number and Sad Cnut Roadie.
    Even sadder - surf-matt was in that thread.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Gay
  • bartimaeus
    I still have no idea what the frick you're on about.
    Your Food Chain Number apparently tells you whether overtaking another bike is a big deal or not.

Your FCN is 0 assuming you are (a) a roadie with shaved legs – like a girl (b) wearing your Tour De France Yellow Jersey (c) wearing your face-mask and (d) you have clips and straps. When you swap your TdF Jersey for basic lycra your FCN is 2, and when you do the naked bike ride in your mask your FCN will be 5.

As a bike messenger wearing sunnies has an FCN of 2 you get no kudos for overtaking when you are wearing your TdF Jersey. Its a fair contest when you are in your basic lycra, but you get serious points when you overtake him while naked.

So as far as I can see when your obvious is obvious and you show your necessary to a bike messenger then you're onto a winner.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    So a big fat hairy fixed rider in jeans and five fingers a t shirt and a cycling bag would be found in a ditch dong body shots with limes and tequila would have a FCN of?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bartimaeus
    nicklouse wrote:
    So a big fat hairy fixed rider in jeans and five fingers a t shirt and a cycling bag would be found in a ditch dong body shots with limes and tequila would have a FCN of?
    7... possibly 8 if he has a beard - and 10 if he has an "orange plastic lolly-pop" stuck up his arris. Not sure what FCN he has if there is liver in the bag. As I have an FCN of 10 I would get kudos for riding past the ditch - but I think I'd probably avoid him altogether without checking on the liver.
  • nicklouse
    Damn the beard went when it got warm. Might come back again....

So watch out...
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • YeehaaMcgee
    What the hell....
    Feels like some heavy duty psychedelics have just kicked in. Either that or I'm having a stroke.
    I have even less idea what you're on about now.
  • I actually managed to buy a road bike today, and i'm strangely very happy. But then again an MTB with slicks in Cambridge is terrible.

Where in Cambridge do you ride? Commute?

I live near the Centre of Cambridge, near the Grafton Centre. Commute, even though that is only about a 5 minute ride, and also ride around a bit outside of town. What about you?
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    What the hell....
    Feels like some heavy duty psychedelics have just kicked in. Either that or I'm having a stroke.
    I have even less idea what you're on about now.
    It just went Whooooooooosh to me too :?: :?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    I actually managed to buy a road bike today, and i'm strangely very happy. But then again an MTB with slicks in Cambridge is terrible.

I live near the Centre of Cambridge, near the Grafton Centre. Commute, even though that is only about a 5 minute ride, and also ride around a bit outside of town. What about you?

That's it. The pair of you. Out. Now.

There's a forum for commuting, and this ain't it.

What is the world coming to?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • LOL. I just ride to work, but most of my fun is out of town, not really much of a commuter :)
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    I just ride to work.............. not really much of a commuter :)

Huh?
    "Didn't hurt"
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    It's 5 mins away, he could walk but cycles as it'd take 10-15 to walk Id imagine. It's what I'd do, but couldn't really call it a commute.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Clank wrote:
    I actually managed to buy a road bike today, and i'm strangely very happy. But then again an MTB with slicks in Cambridge is terrible.

either out or at least get a room
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I forgot to post.

Gay.

Although I'd like a road bike too. Closet.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • It's 5 mins away, he could walk but cycles as it'd take 10-15 to walk Id imagine. It's what I'd do, but couldn't really call it a commute.

Bang on! It's 5 minutes without pedaling down a slight slope to get to work, you can't really call it much of a commute. I'm not a commuter either because I don't wear a bunch of silly shiny shizzle.
  • Gazlar wrote:
    Clank wrote:

either out or at least get a room

Sorry guys!!! sent a PM rather than a "gay" response here.... Now eagerly awaiting a reply; sat here wearing my lycra ;)
  • bartimaeus
    Sorry guys!!! Baited my hook.... now sat here wearing my lycra thinking about the Food Chain ;)
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    first thing, road bikes and their riders are gay.

second thing, i miss my road bikes now i live somewhere with nice roads to ride.

finally, i rode all of my road bikes in baggy clothes with flat pedals and didnt feel disadvantaged, i felt very very straight and non-gay.
  • nicklouse
    first thing, road bikes and their riders are gay.

second thing, i miss my road bikes now i live somewhere with nice roads to ride.

finally, i rode all of my road bikes in baggy clothes with flat pedals and didnt feel disadvantaged, i felt very very straight and non-gay.
    You sound confused.