Eneco Tour * Spoilers*

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I should warn you, there's lots of casual English swearing there. (Swearing in English is pretty mild if you're Dutch..)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Can't imagine the Brits getting that excited for a bronze, but when times are lean you take what you can get eh fellas :wink:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    FJS wrote:
    :D

He seems to be rooting for Mulder there, but lots of respect for the way Hoy wins it

Is he though? Given Mulder dead heated for bronze, Bos seems quite confident in his celebrations. I think him and Hoy were always good friends.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    RichN95 wrote:
    FJS wrote:
    :D

He seems to be rooting for Mulder there, but lots of respect for the way Hoy wins it

Is he though? Given Mulder dead heated for bronze, Bos seems quite confident in his celebrations. I think him and Hoy were always good friends.
    He jumps up shouting 'yes, he's got a medal' and then another guy (Rabo team mate?) says 'but pretty impressive from Hoy too' and Bos confirms 'yes, yes, yes'.
    He must know Hoy very well, and they could be good friends, but he rode with Mulder in the Dutch sprint track team for years
  • rick_chasey
    Probably. I only watched in the queue for my burrito so couldn't hear much.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    afx237vi wrote:
    Can't imagine the Brits getting that excited for a bronze, but when times are lean you take what you can get eh fellas :wink:
    :)
    Yeah, that was the only Dutch medal on the track... one bronze. BMX looks promising though, 1 and 3 in qualification. But then, they're probably also part of some Rabobank programme, and we know what happens then after a promising start :wink: . Anyway, they'll probably win both hockey golds again... :?
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Stage 4 Eneco ... another 2 hours or so to your bunch sprint.
    About 245% more excitement factor than your average open water swimming though, on the bright side.
  • afx237vi
    JGSI wrote:
    Stage 4 Eneco ... another 2 hours or so to your bunch sprint.
    About 245% more excitement factor than your average open water swimming though, on the bright side.

I dunno, I found the "pour energy drink over head, hope some goes in mouth" technique during the feed stops quite funny.
  • afx237vi
    Kittel takes his second win of the week.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    I love this race, the excitement is almost excruciating!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    This race is possibly even less interesting than we all predicted it would be, that's quite an achievement.

I picked a good week to have a busy week at work.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    I love this race, the excitement is almost excruciating!
    This race is possibly even less interesting than we all predicted it would be, that's quite an achievement.
    Now you know why they have Felice Dekens there.

7747116288_faf357bffe.jpg7747116392_5d2ee9ed3e.jpg
    7747116608_8ed9668466.jpg

Perhaps this thread could be hijacked by the Tour de l’Ain. Although apparently that’s also a bit ‘flat’ so far (don't know about today).

Or better, hijacked by the women’s Route de France. After 5 stages (of 8 ), Katie Colclough is 4th, and has the white jersey.

7747294194_5419c97e3c.jpg

Colclough is another of Team GB who didn’t get given a chance to participate in the Olympics – named for the RR (although her main recent successes have actually been in the Team GB team pursuit with Trott) but then not selected to ride.

Tomorrow's stage finishes up the Planches des Belles Filles!
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908

I picked a good week to have a busy week at work.

I couldn't wait for this race, purely due to Withdrawal from the TdF and I needed my TV fix. I havn't bothered with the highlights since stage 2. What a pointless excersize the Eneco Tour really is (apart from the easy PTP points).
  • jgsi
    Stage 5

de Vries/MURAVYEV/ de Vilde , the 3 away with 57 to go and 3:30 but the gap reducing fairly quickly
    Still very exciting.
    :|
  • jgsi
    Steegmans gets intermediate sprint time bonus 4 secs behind Boonen.
    23 to go all together
  • jgsi
    Alternative viewing .. Reade in the BMX Red Bull games
  • jgsi
    Bos crashes... huge shortcut taken by a few riders at roundabout
  • jgsi
    Nizzolo wins
  • jgsi
    F7D16.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    Boonen caught up in a bit of argy bargy.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    JGSI wrote:
    Alternative viewing .. Reade in the BMX Red Bull games

And ballsed it up!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Cor Vos
    potd_9769024.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Silly hat:

eneco2012_3_1.jpg

bos.jpg

eneco12st05-win.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Meanwhile, in France Katie Colclough was in a 6-woman break today which got about 2 mins clear, making her virtual leader for a while. But they got caught and the stage went to Evelyn Stevens who now leads the GC. Colclough came in nearly 8 mins back, so has dropped to 30-something overall and lost the white jersey.
    Here's Stevens raising her arms at the top of the Planche:

7755161898_7acec1d8cc_z.jpg
  • liquor box
    liquor box Posts: 184
    so who will win? I think Durbridge is an outsider, but a slight chance given there is an individual TT to go
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    liquor box wrote:
    so who will win? I think Durbridge is an outsider, but a slight chance given there is an individual TT to go

I think Alberto Contador will win the TT today
  • liquor box
    liquor box Posts: 184
    Dave_1 wrote:
    liquor box wrote:

I think Alberto Contador will win the TT today
    That would certainly make the vuelta a lot more exciting, we dont know how in form Contador is
  • frenchfighter
    Phinney currently leading unsurprisingly

Dowsett on the road
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    1. T. Phinney BMC 00:20'30
    2. L. Westra VCD 00:20'43
    3. A. Malori LAM 00:20'44
    4. A. Contador Velasco SAX 00:20'47
    5. M. Irizar Aranburu RNT 00:20'57
    6. M. Boaro SAX 00:21'11
    7. T. De Gendt VCD 00:21'12
    8. M. Ignatyev KAT 00:21'15
    9. R. Flens RAB 00:21'17

Current

Dowsett 21.07
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Durbridge could well take GC. Phinney is out of it but Luke is only 6 secs down.
    Contador is the Greatest