Eneco Tour * Spoilers*

rozzer32
rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
edited August 2012 in Pro race
After the TDF and the Olympics even a little chipper race is putting a smile on my face. Seems like there has been no cycling on the tele for ages.

Anyway Contador back. Phinney for the GC? De Gendt to show the Giro wasn't luck?

Stage 1 is live on Eurosport 2 today.
***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****

Comments

• FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Stage 1 finishes in coastal Zeeland; very strong SW wind forecast there today

The rest of the route is even duller than normally, apart from the final day with a finish loop over De Muur (uphill finish and last full climb of de Muur 5 km from the finish). GC for a timetriallist who's OK on cobbled climbs and knows how to position himself in the echelons?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    FJS wrote:

The rest of the route is even duller than normally, apart from the final day with a finish loop over De Muur (uphill finish and last full climb of de Muur 5 km from the finish). GC for a timetriallist who's OK on cobbled climbs and knows how to position himself in the echelons?

Boom innit.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    FJS wrote:

Boom innit.

yeah, but he rides for Rabobank so will probably finish middle of the bunch in a mediocre race that takes place in the latter middle of the season therefor continuing Rabo's very mediocre existance.
  • FJS
    FJS wrote:

Boom innit.
    yeah. Chavanel? Ballan?
  • rick_chasey
    FJS wrote:
    FJS wrote:

Boom innit.
    yeah. Chavanel? Ballan?

Yeah Chav poss. Been ill though and was poor in Surrey.

Boom's looked good(ish) in Poland and Surrey.

You'd guess all of them are trying to peak for the Worlds in Valkenberg though.
  • Crawling into a headwind, an hour down on schedule.
    Dull and damp, too.
    Don't you just love the ENECO?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    I picked De Gendt for the GC on PTP. Can climb, can TT and he also ain't too shabby in a sprint.

Hopefully he can pull it off.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • rick_chasey
    Crawling into a headwind, an hour down on schedule.
    Dull and damp, too.
    Sounds like my club run yesterday - only you should substitute damp with p!ssing soaking.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    The GC will be decided by the TT and the TTT I reckon - as long as the rider can cope with the stage with the Muur. OPQS look good but it could be anyone of 3 or 4 riders that end up in the best position for the win. BMC with Phinney was my pick but I think Garmin and Millar could be good - wasn't 100% sure if Millar was in.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Worst piece of cycling I've seen in a long time.
  • rick_chasey
    Who's that big lad on the front? ;)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Only 51 PTP entrants. Interest elsewhere for this one, innit.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    afx237vi wrote:

All the Tour entrants have gone back to their normal lives.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,574
    afx237vi wrote:

Well, on the basis, I can only move up in the PTP GC... I think
  • FJS
    Tommeke himself at the front starts the echelons, 28 km to go.
    Plenty of Garmins and Rabos at the front
  • rick_chasey
    De Gendt out the back.
  • FJS
    Constant preparations for echelons with all of OmegaPL at the front, and the peloton single file, but not enough to do real damage
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Big crash in the final 3km, but Kttel takes it.
  • FJS
    Kittel wins the sprint, 2nd Demare, 3rd Phinney, 4th Blyth
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    commentators were saying that Theo Bos was riding an all black bike with a horizontal TT...

..doesn't sound like anything in Giant's current range to me; possibly their new aero bike?
  • FJS
    Lots of nervous anticipation and two nice digs from Omegapharma, and enough wind, but in the end too any twists and turns and too sheltered for a proper echelons stage. Pity.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    TTT
    Not a lot of on screen timings.
    Astana - 2nd slowest only 5 riders at the end.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Orica.. fastest but also down to 5
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Would this be the worst time graphics ever to be made? I genuinely think it is.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    afx237vi wrote:

I only like to enter certain PTP's when I can watch. Work is going to be busy for the short term. :(
  • rick_chasey
    Orica win.
  • FJS
    Some significant time differences

Langeveld, Chavanel, Terpstra, Boom or Oss left for the overall?
  • rick_chasey
    Yup.

Gotta have Chav as favourite now.
  • rick_chasey
    Phinney's still there or there abouts.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    Orica win.

As predicted - PTP points for me :)