The dodgy link to someone famous thread

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    I shared a large urinal with Jools Holland once (as in we were both peeing in it, not standing in it). I told him not to cross the beams.
  • A cyclist racing in France somewhere in a yellow jersey..lives just down the road from me
  • migrantwing
    migrantwing Posts: 385
    I was stood next to my mate at a bus stop when he fingered a lass who went on to marry Keith Orville
    Who then went on to fist a duck - now that is a bizarre chain of events. :D

*Titter*
    Ghost Race 5000 (2011) Shimano 105 Black
    Carrera TDF (2007)

http://www.bike-discount.de/#

http://www.bike24.com/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,094
    De Sisti wrote:
    I've met 3 Tour de France...
    ...We lost heavily).

No mate. Listen up. A spurious link.

My mother went out with a bloke who's friend had an aunt who's son delivered dry-cleaned costumes to the back door of the place where Toomy Steele once did an act.

Gettit?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    My mate at work's missus works with Lucy Kite who presents the weather forecast and reads news on central tv.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Come Dine with Me last night, guy on it called Kenny

i went to school with him

impressed now arnt you?

what do i win?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    mudcow007 wrote:
    Come Dine with Me last night, guy on it called Kenny

i went to school with him

impressed now arnt you?

what do i win?

An invite to a dinner party tomorra. :D At your mate Kennys.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    I went to business school with a guy who sang backing vocals on Rod Stewards "We are sailing" as a schoolboy - and his dad used to be executive director of the bank of England. And I once had someone in my hotel who was the mother of Lloyd Grossmans ex wife.
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • andylav
    andylav Posts: 308
    I used to co-present a TV show called No Limits with Jenny Powell (spurious link in the sense that she was / is famous and I wasn't / am not)...
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    When inter-railing with friends in 98, and wondering through Venice, I called out to Roy Hodgson who was walking out of a bookies with his wife, at the time when he was rumoured as favourite for the caretaker roll at Inter, having previously managed there. He replied in a deep booming voice - Alwiiight boys?

I also got VIP tickets to Exeter Falcons speedway, after my mum won my high school raffle. I got to shake hands with the club captain at an 'important meet'
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    My sister was doing a bit of waitressing and served soup to a good percentage of the Norwich City first team the night before they played Leicester a few years ago.

This was at the same hotel where Lineker held his first wedding reception; the police presence was such that initially I couldn't drive past the hotel to get home. In short, Lineker got married at the bottom of my garden - it backed onto the hotel. Beat that.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    CiB wrote:
    My sister was doing a bit of waitressing and served soup to a good percentage of the Norwich City first team the night before they played Leicester a few years ago.

This was at the same hotel where Lineker held his first wedding reception; the police presence was such that initially I couldn't drive past the hotel to get home. In short, Lineker got married at the bottom of my garden - it backed onto the hotel. Beat that.

The reception catering probably wasn't much cop though - unless you really, really like crisps. ;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My wifes second cousin was married to an english actor called Bryan who was an actor in LA, he was the baddie in Tango and Cash, Repo man, Blade Runner and also in The 5th Element, he's dead now, though.

Again, my wifes second cousin re-maried to an actor who was in a volvo advert some years ago as the bloke who folded the parachutes but drove an S60.

I once went out with a barmaid who went to a perty with the group "LA Mix" in 1990 at the metropolis nightclub in Saltcoats.

Staying on a Scottish theme, I bent the forks on my Grifter, so my dad took it to the bike shop in Irvine and G.Obree was working there at the time and he fixed my Grifter. Mr Obree also lives in saltcoats and I used to live near there.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    OK, time to bring out the big guns...

My sister in law was once locked in a bookshop with Michael Jackson so he could browse in peace.
    My sister in law was also once chatted up by Brazilian football legend Pele.
    My sister in law knows all the greats......
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I worked with a girl who claimed to have snogged Kevin Keegan in the lift at Wembley during Euro 96.
  • Anonymous
    Just remembered, my cousin Pauline snogged the drummer in the Housemartins after a gig in Kilmarnock in 1986'ish.
  • stage_fright
    stage_fright Posts: 218
    My dad's neighbour's son's ex-girlfriend's best-mate's dad played Grouty in Porridge.
    Chocolate makes your clothes shrink
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    craig charles went to my school

granted years before i went there....
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Anonymous
    andylav wrote:
    I used to co-present a TV show called No Limits with Jenny Powell (spurious link in the sense that she was / is famous and I wasn't / am not)...

Did you have blond hair and a big mullet at the time ?
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    I used to work with a guy who got a blow job from Amanda Holden's sister Debbie.
  • Anonymous
    My colleague has the brother of Rory McIlroy's dog
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Took this at bro-in-laws wedding.
    The burd on the right is Shirley...as in Pepsi & Shirley, George Michael's singers and married to Martin Kemp.

7613934220_5b9f8000c3_b.jpg
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    When I was at school, I was friends with Dawn Andrews, Garry Barlow's wife.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Graham. wrote:
    Took this at bro-in-laws wedding.
    The burd on the right is Shirley...as in Pepsi & Shirley, George Michael's singers and married to Martin Kemp.

7613934220_5b9f8000c3_b.jpg

Very progressive of Shirley to be coming along to support a civil partnership.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    My mate's brother's best mate's brother is Thom York
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    laurentian wrote:
    My mate's brother's best mate's brother is Thom York

Never mind ! :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Staying on a Scottish theme, I bent the forks on my Grifter, so my dad took it to the bike shop in Irvine and G.Obree was working there at the time and he fixed my Grifter.

In a nutshell - "Graeme Obree fixed my bike". That's raised the bar no end - I'm properly impressed by that. Nice one! :)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    My fiancés sisters boyfriends sisters fiancé plays Rugby for Wales.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    One of my colleagues was mates at Uni with the bassist from Kaiser Chiefs
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    andylav wrote:

Ha ha, I remember you. As an obsessed teenager I wrote to Jenny for a signed photo and specifically stated that she made sure you weren't in it. I've still got the photo somewhere, black & white with her in a stripey tp and 80s perm (and I'm still obsessed with her) :lol: