The dodgy link to someone famous thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 52,094
edited August 2012 in The bottom bracket
I know someone who knows someone who is... you know what this is all about.
(Yossie is banned from this one)

This is my dodgy link:
My mothers long term work colleague (now retired) has a grand daughter who married Jeremy Froome (Chris's Brother) and I was born in the same country as him. That makes me really famous.

Personally, I think that the Chris Froome link is not nearly spurious enough. Room here for some creativity...
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I really am rubbish at following things like this - so are you saying the work colleague is your and chris froomes real mother - chapeau.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    My mum's best friend's cleaner is the neighbour of Raymond van Barneveld.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    My step-dad used to teach some one who went on to play for the Gillingham FC reserve team. Can't remember his name though.
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    johnfinch wrote:
    My step-dad used to teach some one who went on to play for the Gillingham FC reserve team. Can't remember his name though.

Was it Dave or John?
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Engelbert Humperdinck asked my Mother out on a date (many moons ago).
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    I said hello to Philip Glenister (DCI Gene Hunt) in the London Science Mueseum as we both walked over the glass bridge.
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    Roger Daltrey wanted to get my mum and her best mate in to bed with him, at the same time. My dad said it was fine, but only if he went first. My dad also chucked Keith Moon out of a party he (Moon) had gatecrashed :D
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    During his student days, Dad was regularly served pints in the Union bar by George Robertson, who went on to be NATO Secretary-General.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • richclip
    richclip Posts: 19
    My Dad went to school with the actor David Prowse, otherwise known as..... DARTH VADER!
  • When I was at school I became friends for a summer with someone who'd just split up with a girl who went on to read Newsround and married the Guy who ran the Millenium Dome. And my dad was her brothers scoutmaster.
  • shedhead
    shedhead Posts: 367
    I used to play football with Dr Harold Shipman's nephew (that's adult football & was about 3 yrs before he was arrested)
    'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    I used to work with the son of Bernard Bresslaw (carry on films)

Inserts image to help out the confused

3030-Bernard-Bresslaw.jpg
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I was at junior school with record producer Steve Lillywhite and later used to go to the same pub and parties, then I moved away and he became famous. Ah well, can't win 'em all :(
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    random man wrote:
    I was at junior school with record producer Steve Lillywhite and later used to go to the same pub and parties, then I moved away and he became famous. Ah well, can't win 'em all :(

And I helped make "Random man" the crusher of mountains he is today. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    My mum was dating Jack "The Hat" McVitie at the time he was murdered by Reggie Kray.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    I once met Andrew Kazamia who played Nick in London's Burning at a fire safety thing I went to in primary school.

A sub teacher I had in p7 turned out to be older sister of Ulster Rugby's Jonny Bell who visited my class impressed us with his ball skills
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    My Wilier's frame came from the home of a very well known TV presenter.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Just out of interest, why am I banned from this one? Can I ban myself from other threads if I feel the need to?
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    My old maths teacher's wife used to date Gerard Butler?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,094
    Yossie wrote:
    Just out of interest, why am I banned from this one? Can I ban myself from other threads if I feel the need to?

Thought that was plainly obvious: You have not got a spurious link to the magnificent Vicky. However, if you do have an obscure/bizzarre link to one of the Wombles or someone who frequented the Banana Splitz outfit(s) for example, I would be happy for you to contribute.
    You are welcome to ban yourself from any other thread as you see fit. I'm not stopping you. We could in theory, self moderate.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    i once called Craig Fairbrass a miserable c**t

working in a local nightclub I was given the job of looking after him until his appearance (during his eastenders days). The guy obviously didnt want to be there and I got sick of the moaning tbh.

saying that i liked him in rise of the footsoldier :)
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    My ex-boss sold her sofa to the woman in the Scottish Widows adverts...
    My wife's ex-boyfriend's friend was married to Charlene Spiteri from the band Texas.
    My father in law was taught kung fu by the same guy that taught Bruce Lee.
    I used to work with a woman who lives next door to David Millar's father.

I'm good at this game... :)
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • andy_f
    andy_f Posts: 474
    My brother was crossing a road and almost got knocked down by Noddy Holder, and then went on to further greatness by almost getting knocked in front of a bus in the middle of Birmingham by Noel Gordon.
    "Let your life rule your job, not your job rule your life"

Born to ride, forced to work.
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    I was stood next to my mate at a bus stop when he fingered a lass who went on to marry Keith Orville
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    I went to uni with someone who went to nursary school with Jenson Button.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I was stood next to my mate at a bus stop when he fingered a lass who went on to marry Keith Orville
    Who then went on to fist a duck - now that is a bizarre chain of events. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    I used to teach aerobics to an ITV newsreader.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360

Not sure if anyone will be able to top that.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228

Did the bus come? I normally stick my hand out.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    I've met 3 Tour de France winners:
    Stephen Roche, the day before, and on the "Red Ride" in 1999.

Greg Lemond, in 2001. He had taken some rich American businessmen on a tour of
    some of the famous mountains he'd previously ridden during his career. He was been
    interview as he slowly rode uphill. When the interviewers finished (one was a pillion
    passenger on a motorbike, the other had his head out of the sunroof of a car), I slowly
    rode up to him. We made some smalltalk. I asked him if he was riding to the top of the
    climb. He said he wasn't going to, as he'd done many times in the past.

Bernard Thevenet, at the Semaine Federeale in Verdun, France 2010. Chatted to him
    at the Permanance.

All 3 were really nice blokes.

My nephew played for England u-18 Rugby union team last season and has signed
    a contract for England 7s senior team.

When I was in the RAF out in Cyprus (1987-1989) I played for RAF Cyprus against
    Apoel Nicosia (they reached the last 8 of the champions league last season. We lost heavily).