Teenage Cancer Trust Cycling Jerseys

1235»

Comments

• mudcow007 wrote:
    if you still have one (double lard ars*) by payday i will gladly take one off your hands i will let you know

much love

Thank you - you're on!

I'm slightly against the clock in that I have to have my application for match-funding in by 3 months from the event but I've still 6 or 7 weeks and I'm feeling confident all of the jerseys will have gone by then.

I really appreciate all of the support - I could have ended up with a lot of expensive polishing cloths :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Done. What do I have to do now?
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • How many do you have left?

I'll circulate the link around the people I met on the last sponsored ride we did with Colchester united, The jersey got a lot of good comments :D
  • DaveHudson wrote:
    How many do you have left?

I'll circulate the link around the people I met on the last sponsored ride we did with Colchester united, The jersey got a lot of good comments :D

Only 3 or 4 now I think. I have maybe 1 or 2 XXL, 1 XL and 1 L. Please have people confirm availability before donating but that would be fabulous
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Done. What do I have to do now?

You have PM - thank you so much
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Sorry I'm not in a position to donate, but having glanced at this thread, just had to log on to say muchos respects to MRS for his efforts on this. Sorting out the shirts must have been a much bigger PITA than organising the ride!

Well played fella.
  • Thanks PBo. Yes, it's been quite a lot of work (I think the lady at the PO counter I always seemed to end up at thinks I have a thing for her :lol: ) but the support I've had from on here in particular has been magnificent and made it all worthwhile. Watching the JustGiving total mount and getting the really positive feedback as the jerseys arrives is just great. The hardest part was kicking it off in the first place. I'd originally hoped to get a shirt sponsor to cover the cost of production of the jerseys. I won't go into details but I was badly let down at this step. With my Ireland ride rapidly approaching (which was my target for the jerseys to be ready), it was the strap line on the Assos jersey: "Sponsor Yourself" that decided me just to fund the whole thing myself. Gore Bike Wear were fantastic and have let me have the jerseys at cost and also put me in touch with Image Scotland who were also great - turning the printing around in just 3 or 4 days and doing it at a bargain price too. A big Thank You to both of them. I got the sizing mix slightly wrong - skewed a bit too heavily towards the larger sizes based upon my initial polling - it was always going to be a risk. I'm confident now that I won't be left with any. The backup plan in any case was to sell them through the TCT online shop. TCT, I should add, were fabulous too. I obviously needed to get permission to use their logo. From me receiving the drawing from Image Scotland to having approval from TCT was about 20 minutes.

So, again, a massive thank you to you all. The success of this relied entirely on your generosity and you didn't let me down.