Teenage Cancer Trust Cycling Jerseys

Comments

• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Stupid question: Will these be at the SCR shin-dig at the Roebuck on Saturday? If so I need to find an excuse to get over there and collect them
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I hope Veronese will have these by today so there's a good chance they'll be there for the SCR meet
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    I hope Veronese will have these by today so there's a good chance they'll be there for the SCR meet
    Hope so. I've told the guys in goods in to keep their eyes open for me. I'll update later. If not I'll get on my bike and meet people somewhere. Richmond Park, Morpeth or somewhere else. Might be a long pedal to South Wales to see Simon.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Ah, but worth it. I give good cake :-)
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    They have arrived. I'm trying them all on at once and will wear them all to the pub tomorrow.
    Simon can still bring cake.
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    They have arrived. I'm trying them all on at once and will wear them all to the pub tomorrow.
    Simon can still bring cake.

Cool - I hope you like them. The proper cyclists at work seem to be very impressed - several have bought 2
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Balls, was lax keeping up with this, should have sorted mine for the set Veronese was bringing.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Veronese - I cant make the pub tomorrow but I will be going to RP on sunday for a picnic... will you be in Kingston?
  • veronese68
    Veronese - I cant make the pub tomorrow but I will be going to RP on sunday for a picnic... will you be in Kingston?
    Will probably go to my parents for lunch, but should be around at some point. I'll pm you my mobile number. Failing that we can arrange to meet at the usual traffic lights.
  • clarkey cat
    I can't wait that long!!!

Got your number, cheers :)
  • veronese68
    I'll be crossing Kingston Bridge with them at about 5.45 - 5.50 tonight. Then you can wear your new top whilst building or picking up your new bike.
  • clarkey cat
    Ah, I'm not riding. Still gout-ridden!!! :)
  • Mine arrived this morning - brilliant - really nice fit, excellent quality, nice and light and really subtle design with the reds and blues. People if you're looking for a smart light summer jersey order one of these - its a great cause and fantastic top. Well done MRS - I hope you raise a bucketfull for a truly worthwhile cause. Here's a bag of smiles

<BAG> :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D </BAG>
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • meanredspider
    Thanks CE.

If anyone made a sizing mistake and if you're quick, I'm happy to swap jerseys that still have the label. PM me though.

Cheers

Richard
  • DaveHudson
    DaveHudson Posts: 290
    Got mine today too, It's chuffing awesome! So happy with it.

Thanks so much for sorting them and very well done on raising money for TCT :mrgreen:
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Just back from a short break in the mysterious east (Norfolk), parcel waiting on the doormat :D

Tried it on, my wife and my daughter said it was too small! My granddaughter said I look funny but she always says that. In fact it is perfect and I am very pleased with it! A great opportunity to support a good cause and obtain a classy piece of apparel :wink:

Well done M R S, hope you don't get too wet in Ireland.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • meanredspider
    Thanks guys - I'm delighted you're liking them: thank you so much for your support for TCT - means a huge amount to me as we head towards the 2nd anniversary of Charlie's diagnosis
  • clarkey cat
    got mine - I love it. wearing it now watching the 'limpicks. :)
  • Wore mine today. Haha actually got a thumbs up from a fellow rider. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Very nice, well done MRS!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Wore mine for the first time today. Fantastic. Really impressed.

Managed to set a decent time on a local Strava bump (http://app.strava.com/segments/797864). It did get me thinking that we should invest in some iron-on KOM crowns for each segment taken in the shirt.

I would also like to point out that I am some 20-odd seconds faster than some of the Team Rapha guys over the segment. I even have pictorial evidence from the respective attempts.

Here is Mr Kristian House at the top of said bump...

399277359.jpg

And here I am having conquered the whole minute or so of riding...

basking-shark1.jpg

Clearly, that is a rear view...

Anyway, hope the Ireland ride is going well and if anyone is still wavering, please go for it. Great shirts for a great cause.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • meanredspider
    Thanks all - really pleased you like them - really wanted them to be good quality so you'd wear them because they are good not just because it was for charity.

Ireland ride is going well - 315 miles down - avg speed dipped below 17mph today because of terrible road surfaces. See the Malin to Mizen thread for details.
  • veronese68
    Haven't actually worn mine out yet. Thought it too good for the short commute.
    Rob, still got yours I'll PM you.
  • lakeland
    lakeland Posts: 76
    Picked mine up today, loving the quality. It's a bit on the small side, but I am a bit on the fat side. It should fit perfectly once I have shed a few lbs :D

Good luck with the ride!
  • Just put my order in. Top work, and good luck with the ride :)
  • Wore the top for the first time today! Shame that I had to hit a brick bridge arch over the canal, it hurt my shoulder but not as much as the realization that I had scuffed the jacket :(
    'fool'
  • Well done on your ride, Are there any XL tops still remaining?
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • meanredspider
    Well done on your ride, Are there any XL tops still remaining?

Yes - plenty of XL. I'm planning on sending the next batch out tomorrow so please get you donation in soon. Thank you!
  • Got my jersey earlier this week and wore it for the first time today. Really nice jersey, fits well and looks great 8) cheers MRS!
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Wore mine for the Woodcote sportive on Sunday. Perfect in the heat.
    FCN 3 / 4