Teenage Cancer Trust Cycling Jerseys

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    wore mine on Saturday. very stylish.

shame the rider was wheezing and panting and lot looking very cool at all.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Another shameless bump for this, folks. I suspect MRS may have a few jerseys left, which is neither right nor tolerable.

So, to all of you considering some form of bike upgrade in the near future, may I suggest a new jersey is a much better decision instead? You'll look good, and feel good in a way no new bling handlebar accessory can possibly match.

You know I'm right. Buy one, (or another one as a gift perhaps?).

Doooo eeeet!!!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • shdaxner
    shdaxner Posts: 249
    Hi MRS

Do you have any of these jerseys left in size XXL?
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    What have you got left MRS?
    FCN 3 / 4
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Last count I had

M 1
    L 2
    XL 5
    XXL 3

Please double-check before donating on the M and the L - XL & XXL are fine.

Cheers

Richard
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I love mine. I've cancelled my birthday present order from the missus for a new jersey and this is now my 'best' one.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Hey all - I just want to say a really heartfelt Thank You to everyone that's supported this project. I'm now confident of reaching £6000 by the time donations are match-funded which is just brilliant. I may well exceed that figure. As a parent of a child who has been through cancer and having benefitted from the support that Teenage Cancer Trust give, I'm so grateful that you've done such a wonderful thing in supporting people through what is, at the time, a waking nightmare. I'm in your debt.

Richard
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Speaking for myself, you owe me nothing.
    Keep up the good work and may your son have a happy life.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Last count I had

M 1
    L 2
    XL 5
    XXL 3

Please double-check before donating on the M and the L - XL & XXL are fine.

Cheers

Richard

Is that Medium still available? Dibs if so.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    I can only echo Daviesee's sentiments. Thank you for doing something so positive that will help many others in future.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    I can only echo Daviesee's sentiments. Thank you for doing something so positive that will help many others in future.
    Completely agree with this.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,688
    Ditto. I imagine the logistics of the whole thing are not to be sniffed at, not to mention the efforts in persuading the other parties to get involved.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • uzubairu
    uzubairu Posts: 12
    Payment made and PM sent.
  • Thanks for the support and kind comments everybody

So I'm looking to move the last few jerseys - remaining I have:

L = 3
    XL = 2
    XXL = 3

So I'm looking for the bigger guys to part with their hard-earned (please). Those few will generate £800 for teenagers dealing with cancer

Thanks so much!

Richard
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Just to say that a friend came over today who used to work for TCT. She only had good things to say about them and said after leaving them, she couldn't work for another charity as she felt so invested in what they do... Good luck...
  • dhope
    Just donated. Fabulous job Richard, looking forward to showing off the jersey

Edit: Total on £1,991. Donated another tenner so I can feel self important having pushed it past £2k. It's like Silly Commuter Donating. :roll:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    Just donated. Fabulous job Richard, looking forward to showing off the jersey

Edit: Total on £1,991. Donated another tenner so I can feel self important having pushed it past £2k. It's like Silly Commuter Donating. :roll:

Fabulous! Thank you. I'm now reasonably confident of reaching £7000 in total (including match funding) which is just amazing. You BR guys have been absolute troopers in supporting this too - I'm very very grateful
  • The latest 3 jerseys went out yesterday and should be dropping on doormats today with luck.

Final push to move on these last 8 jerseys (42 gone) - sizes Large, XL & XXL
  • dhope
    The latest 3 jerseys went out yesterday and should be dropping on doormats today with luck.

Final push to move on these last 8 jerseys (42 gone) - sizes Large, XL & XXL
    Received mine today, ta. I think I'm squarely between a M and L for Gore sizing. Ah well, more cycling required so that it doesn't showcase my gut. Next thing I know I'll have Wrath Rob calling me fat on the SCR thread
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • daviesee
    Mine arrived today. :P
    Trial run tonight.
  • dhope wrote:
    Received mine today, ta. I think I'm squarely between a M and L for Gore sizing. Ah well, more cycling required so that it doesn't showcase my gut. Next thing I know I'll have Wrath Rob calling me fat on the SCR thread

If it's still "tagged up", I can swap it for a large. PM me if that's what you'd like to do. I'm sure I can shift another medium.
  • dhope
    dhope wrote:

If it's still "tagged up", I can swap it for a large. PM me if that's what you'd like to do. I'm sure I can shift another medium.
    Nah, it'll be fine, I just need to cycle more :)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    Nah, it'll be fine, I just need to cycle more :)

Good man!
  • daviesee
    Wore the jersey on the way home tonight.

Comments:-
    Nice, very nice.
    I was between sizes and on M.R.S.'s recommendation I went for the larger size. I am glad that I did.
    The material is quite thin. Should be nice when summer arrives. Oh! :wink:
    The sleeves are a touch shorter than my other jerseys so that may mess up the tan lines. Have to wear this one on the sunny days.

Please don't read this wrong. These are observations, not complaints.

:P
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Finally got around to collecting mine last night and so wore it this morning. Sizing was spot on so another satisfied customer! Nice one MRS, and great to know this is all going towards a good cause.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Wrath Rob wrote:
    Finally got around to collecting mine last night and so wore it this morning. Sizing was spot on so another satisfied customer! Nice one MRS, and great to know this is all going towards a good cause.

Thank you. I'm delighted that people are generally very happy with them - after all, it's a donation with a free jersey. I'm down to the last odds-n-sods of jerseys now (mental note to do a stock check) - mostly XXL. I will certainly have collected £7000 for TCT for my initial investment in the jerseys/printing/posting and my ride down Ireland. I was meeting with TCT last night (they're up here educating teenage kids at schools all about cancer) and they're delighted. And, from personal experience, it beats standing in a shopping centre on a Saturday morning with a bucket!
  • I love mine - but I need to be having a 'thin' day to get away with it!!!
  • Right. Need to sort my life out. Have you got any double extra fat left?
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Right. Need to sort my life out. Have you got any double extra fat left?

For sure - I think I have 3 jerseys in XXL left, one XL and one L - but, yes, definite that I have at least a couple of XXL
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    if you still have one (double lard arse) by payday i will gladly take one off your hands i will let you know

much love
    Keeping it classy since '83