Teenage Cancer Trust Cycling Jerseys

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,623
    Is there any kind of time limit? I'm certainly interested, but funds are a little tight atm.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    rjsterry wrote:
    Is there any kind of time limit? I'm certainly interested, but funds are a little tight atm.

Nope though there's a limited number (50) of jerseys in this run and obviously a limited number of each size. I really appreciate your interest and could certainly put a jersey aside against a pledge.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,623
    rjsterry wrote:

Nope though there's a limited number (50) of jerseys in this run and obviously a limited number of each size. I really appreciate your interest and could certainly put a jersey aside against a pledge.

Thanks. I'll get back to you shortly.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    meanredspider » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:22 pm

clarkey cat wrote:
    MRS - what size are you going for? I think we're about the same size and build.

Ooh sorry - missed this - I'm going for Large. I can send you pics of me in both a L and XL of a plain Gore Contest jersey if that helps - PM me an email address

No dont worry - I'll just go for the Large. I wear an XL in Campagnolo jersey and it fits perfecto so assume Gore will be a tad more generous.
  • lakeland
    lakeland Posts: 76
    Love this idea. Do you have enough left in XL?
  • meanredspider
    lakeland wrote:
    Love this idea. Do you have enough left in XL?

Yup - no problem
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    As I have funds available from saving money on replacement tyres :wink: I am in a position, with the agreement of Mrs S G, to make a contribution to this fine cause. One XL please, I shall PM you the shipping details shortly.

Good luck with the trip.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • DaveHudson
    DaveHudson Posts: 290
    I'll take an XL please. Fantastic work, I think this is a great charity.

I'm doing a sponsored ride on the 24th aug with the support of Colchester united football club, They support the charity due to one of their supporter loosing their battle with Leukemia. This was the 2009 justgiving page Lea Finch organised.
    http://www.justgiving.com/colubikeride3/
    It's not a long ride or fast pace but it's bloody good fun and there is nothing like seeing Eddie the Eagle (6' fluffy eagle CUFC mascot) riding across the essex countryside on a tandem :D

I'll email the link to this page to Lea too
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    just a bump to keep in on the first page. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    edited July 2012
    Anybody else need one delivering in London?
    This may be a shameless bump masquerading as a useful question.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    I will, but I've already said that ;)
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • meanredspider
    Jerseys collected - very happy with them - nice job!

Will get some pics uploaded tonight
  • lakeland
    lakeland Posts: 76
    If it helps you can delay my Jersey and send it last as I'm on holiday 'till next Tuesday
  • meanredspider
    Half the jerseys sold already

Please get your orders in ASAP as I'm getting low on some sizes
  • meanredspider
    lakeland wrote:
    If it helps you can delay my Jersey and send it last as I'm on holiday 'till next Tuesday

I'm doing a post run tomorrow so will send out then before I head to Ireland
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Shoot, nearly missed the boat MRS! Donated. I'll be in Richmond on Sat so you can bung mine in with the food parcel!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • meanredspider
    SimonAH wrote:
    Shoot, nearly missed the boat MRS! Donated. I'll be in Richmond on Sat so you can bung mine in with the food parcel!

Thank you - what size? The food parcel was already packed but I can add to it! Brilliant - thanks again
  • SimonAH
    XL please mate!

• meanredspider
    Cool - packed and ready to go
  • meanredspider
  • SimonAH
    Awesome! Mine will look the same apart from a belly and moobs!

• meanredspider
    SimonAH wrote:

You have belly and moobs?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    i just tweeted this url hopefully we can get some more support.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH wrote:

You have belly and moobs?

I blame it on the two months of rain and crap motorway food :oops:

• That looks brilliant - i've got 3 or 4 sportives to do and i'm going to wear that on every one -that'll be my charity of choice this year - and it'll be used on my club runs too. Well done, fantastic job for a fantastic cause. In lieu of a man hug here's a big green thing - :mrgreen:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • meanredspider
    That looks brilliant - i've got 3 or 4 sportives to do and i'm going to wear that on every one -that'll be my charity of choice this year - and it'll be used on my club runs too. Well done, fantastic job for a fantastic cause. In lieu of a man hug here's a big green thing - :mrgreen:

Thank you at all levels!
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    I wouldn't really have minded if it looked like a bin bag given the cause it's raising money for, but that is awesome. I'll be very proud to wear it.

Best of luck in Ireland!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • meanredspider
    I wouldn't really have minded if it looked like a bin bag given the cause it's raising money for, but that is awesome. I'll be very proud to wear it.

Best of luck in Ireland!

Thank you

Ireland is looking very wet but, hey ho, that's only what I've come to expect this year. The only downside is that the ride will stop "every 10-15 miles" to allow everyone to regroup. There's going to be a bit of a penalty to going fast then sitting in the rain waiting for folk to catch up. Looks like it will be a steady ride.
  • meanredspider
    All jerseys requested so far have been dispatched first class post today - lucky folk might even see them tomorrow

Thanks for all your support.

I'm down to my last "small" jersey and have only a handful of each of the other sizes so please get any requests in ASAP please
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    YES - does this mean the fortunate confluence of events of new jersey and newly built up bike will happen on Saturday morning!!!