Tdf Stage 5 *Spoiler*

1235»

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    ddraver wrote:
    Whole lot of nothing, but funny as! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbVpWOYjk7Y

He looked like he was going to ball his eyes out. He doesn't look particularly handy either, not sure about Veelers.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Haha what a tit!! Is it just me that thinks that it was as much his fault as anyone else's? He was the one that was leaning on the Argos rider...

Didn't exactly take much effort to stop him from getting on the bus either did it :lol:
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I liked Vaughters yelling "Tyler, NO!" like he was trying to get his dog off the sofa again
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,183
    Farrar was hilirious. His fault he went down anyway. First and last time in a while that he's looked like trying for the sprint. Bit weird the way EBH and Cav found themselves off the front with 1.5km to go, maybe EBH should have just gone for it as a plan B. Superb by Greipel though to win after his avoiding action, he's teally gone up in my estimation this season.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    The vid has been pulled, but not quite quick enough to stop our humorous heroes......
    http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/07/farrar ... e-secrets/
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,183
    such a wonderful day . . . on vacation at a five star hotel, woke up with my gorgeous young wife, stayed in bed with her until noon, and now reading about cavy losing to Greipel. priceless. :D

Ta dah! you are Andre Greipel, I claim my five pounds.

No, judging by the 'young wife' comment he's Roman Polanski. Should be safe as long as he stays in France but might get arrested when he travels back home ;)
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Interesting finish :D
    A bit strange with sky, first thought they were doing a leadout but realised when wiggo was at front and moved to let EBH thorugh it was just about being safe into the ladt 2 km. Not really sure why Cav stayed on wheel of EBH as he was never going to get a 1.6km lead out so thought he may have stayed back a bit.
    In the end he looked cooked as he was pushing a lot of wind round the last corner and barely got to Grepiels wheel, guess he was feeling bit of pain, I know the feeling :D I had same this week, head said go body said eff off. Cav will be back though Greipel is best I have seen him so Cav has to be on top form.
    What is probl;em with Tiler Fawcett? It was his fault, leaning into Argos rider, then he looses balance and can do nothing but hit the lampre rider, there was plenty of room for him, todays crash was totally his fault and unavoidable.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Cav tweeted that he fell back a bit to get a good run up, but fell too far/left it too late.

His own fault he claims...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Pross wrote:
    such a wonderful day . . . on vacation at a five star hotel, woke up with my gorgeous young wife, stayed in bed with her until noon, and now reading about cavy losing to Greipel. priceless. :D

Ta dah! you are Andre Greipel, I claim my five pounds.

No, judging by the 'young wife' comment he's Roman Polanski. Should be safe as long as he stays in France but might get arrested when he travels back home ;)

Genius!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    ddraver wrote:
    Cav tweeted that he fell back a bit to get a good run up, but fell too far/left it too late.

His own fault he claims...

I haven't seen Cav misjudge a sprint so badly since I started watching him. I saw him at the front of the peloton behind EBH with 1K to go and thought 'WTF is he doing?' :(
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Wow, just watched the crash and pretty amazing from Greipel. Two feet off the pedals and tangling with Farrar's bike. Heavyweight.

tumblr_m6p4hb70n21qacyk6o3_500.png
    tumblr_m6p4hb70n21qacyk6o1_250.png
    tumblr_m6p4hb70n21qacyk6o2_250.png
    tumblr_m6p2p89xw91qacyk6o1_500.jpg

le-tour-france-2012-stage-20120705-094712-539.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    S'okay, little Tyler, we all know you have testicles 'cos you're a boy.

JUST SHOW THEM FOR ONCE. That was a pathetic attempt at fury, if I may say so, but for a Buddhist, it's a beginning.

You're a sprinter. You're supposed to be angry. Remember this feeling and use it again. In a sprint.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Tusher wrote:

JUST SHOW THEM FOR ONCE. That was a pathetic attempt at fury, if I may say so, but for a Buddhist, it's a beginning.

You're a sprinter. You're supposed to be angry. Remember this feeling and use it again. In a sprint.

Is this the cycling equivalant of egging your boyfriend on in a pub car park? :)
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    pottssteve wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

Is this the cycling equivalant of egging your boyfriend on in a pub car park? :)

Perhaps in his next reincarnation he'll have the ability to man up.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ddraver
    ^ :D:D:D
    - @ddraver
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Looked like Farrar and Veelers were shouldering each other, Pettachi then moved across Farrar's front wheel and I think at that point Veelers wasn't at the place where Farrar could continue to lean on him and thus down he went. Looked like a move by Pettachi and Farrar's misjudgememt that was the cause.
    Farrar's anger at Veelers might have been down to agro between the 2 of them a bit further back which was the start of the shoulder banging which was only seen immediately prior to the crash.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Cav has waded in on twitter to say Farrar was at fault.
    Watching #RumbleInTheJungle at breakfast this morning http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=lMeMr1pzGcA But seriously, yesterdays crash looked like it was his own fault?
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    @ KarstenrKroon on twitter

"Thereis [sic] guys that need big gaps (me). Thereis guys that need small gaps. Then there is guys who try to create gaps.Farrar.

Pretty obvious who he's blaming.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • frenchfighter
    Well filmed. I HATE those motos and the cars before hand. They are so dangerous and unpleasant. Riding that close to the side of the road I am very surprised more people are not taken out. Totally unecessary too.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    Is it you giving it the AllezOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

:P
    - @ddraver
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Have you guys seen "The Quest 2?" it's a documentary about the Saunier Duval team in the 2006 Tour. De La Fuente and another rider get into it during a KOM sprint and there is a lot of in car camera stuff of the SD DS talking to him, the other rider and Tour officials, it's very interesting but the great part is when the other rider comes to the SD bus and the people inside are yelling for him to come in and yelling "c**t" etc. it's pretty funny. Great film as well.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    ddraver wrote:
    Is it you giving it the AllezOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

:P

No, it's not. I'm more of a "jolly good show" sort of chap... :D
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_m6qxl3gsxD1rrv4kxo1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    farrars so mad he says something like " you just tell him he shouldn't do things like that to people"

That told the b@stard :lol:
    Death or Glory- Just another Story