Marmotte 2013

Comments

• narbs
    narbs Posts: 593
    Sethjkay wrote:
    I think that the list of entrants may be a little slow in being updated. I have had my payment taken and the subsequent payment confirmation email sent to me but I am not on the list. However, if I type my name in to the "verify registration" boxes at the bottom of the registrations page and click search I have all of the confirmation documents to say that I have been accepted and have entered.
    I would say perhaps try this if you aren't yet appearing on the list before trying to enter for a second time.

I'm on the list of entrants and have a payment receipt but if I enter my details it just shows my entry from last year.

However, I've learnt not to worry about Sport Comms' behind the scenes arrangements!
  • narbs
    If you fancy staying a little bit out of the way, but not too far from Boug, the Belledonne campsite is well worth a look http://www.rcn-campings.fr/rcn-belledonne?steID=47&catID=4369.

I stayed there last year and found it peaceful, clean and perfectly suited for exploring the wider area.

We booked in there about a month ago and it was pretty full then.

Looking forward to a leisurely drive down mid-week and a couple of days' rest, unlike last year's travel pains.
  • So is the general consensus that if you have received the payment receipt, you will get a place?

My friend registered at the same time as me (from a different computer) and his name appears on the list, mine doesn't!

I speak French so I'm happy to call Sportscomm tomorrow to find out if no one knows for sure..
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Last year it took them days to add my name the list - if you have an email confirming payment I think you are ok.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • snakedoc
    snakedoc Posts: 200
    Well I successfully entered yesterday and my name is showing on the list but I haven't had an email confirming payment!!
    (no email received at all from organiser)
  • I may have entered twice in that case, I entered once and got the payment detail but my name didn't appear. So I re-booked later in the day and got an entry with my name added to the list.
  • The sportcomm website is completely off-line today... I presume they're sorting out the countless entries that received payment confirmations but weren't added to the registered rider's list?

Absolute shambles, but keeping fingers crossed for a confirmation!
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    It'll be fine. They're quite well organised once you're there and on the ride.
    But it's like the country that technology forgot.
    exercise.png
  • Chapeau to one Gordon Aylesbury - if a a 72/3 year old can do it, I surely have a chance.
  • I think the Marmote entry is closed for this year. I have tried old reg, new reg, F5 etc but although the line for marmotte it there you cannot select the box. The option for the Trophee is there but since that is €300+ not really an option.

The reason I ask is that last year the event sold out pretty much within 24 hours. I was just thinking that the latest reg listing was showing <5000 entries but it seems that all the issues with the website means they have more entries than they thought.

that or the website is fu3ked up again!!!!

Just remember when you are struggling on the Aple (or like me on Glandon!) the effort you had to do just to get registered. I reckon anything else will be easy compared to this

Just noticed this on the website. Interesting bit about the priority they plan to give to Mi Marmotte & Rando Marmottes in 2014. Why not those who actually did Marmotte in 2013? Anyway, that is for this time next year.

Google translate of the original
    Welcome to the Grand Trophy 2013.
    December 1st you can register online or download the registration form.

New routes, new challenges, it is on the 'pros' will still copy us.
    Novel a course exclusively for women. A full day for you ladies and your unique pleasure rider.

For Groundhog GranFondo 7000 places and not always more (see below 2012).
    Which 1000 seats reserved Trophée de l'Oisans.
    And the last 500 entries by mail.
    Remember the Mi-Marmotte and Rando Marmottes in 2 days is a good preparation for the next test and prepare for the 2013 enrolled on these two circuits will have priority for 10 days to register on the legendary event in 2014 .
    So this little yellow braclet makes me a better cyclist?
  • My mate registered today at 10am and is on the list and has payment receipt ?? We were planning on doing together but I couldn't register. May keep trying website otherwise it's a no for me.
  • Plenty of people have entered the Marmotte twice (I know I have - thanks to the website not updating) so there may be entries available as this gets sorted out?
  • This is the latest update on the website. I would guess that many of those that registered a few times will be charged only once, so that should free up quite a bit of places.

Registration News
    Monday, December 3, 2012
    La Marmotte records. Many of you have to register simultaneously for La Marmotte and the limit of the roll of pre-was quickly reached (three times more applications than last year). precaution, we have repeatedly suspended access to entries, not to embarrass servers and all treatments. Important Information: <It takes time sometimes up to 72 hours and 5 days (by banks and countries) for the treatment of bank we return information and automatically update the list of pre-inscits. therefore if you have the receipt of the bank, amount, date, and especially the transaction reference (print) your pre -registration is valid, even if your name is not on the list immediately. So be patient: some precaution registered 2 see 3 times and more crowded server and secure places .. especially Marmotte online < : a priori limit is reached. Online registration suspended. Finally we need to check duplicate registrations and cancel. According to their number, we may be able to release some seats and back online. Trophée de l'Oisans <: there are 280 seats. Marmotte mail <: it is too early to give you information. First received, first served, unserved will anyway be placed on a waiting list. Enrolment multiple events of the Grand Trophy <: select the Grand Trophy (top) and deselect events not retained (points awarded from 4 cyclosportives)
    So this little yellow braclet makes me a better cyclist?
  • Leroy42 wrote:
    This is the latest update on the website. I would guess that many of those that registered a few times will be charged only once, so that should free up quite a bit of places.

Registration News
    Monday, December 3, 2012
    La Marmotte records. Many of you have to register simultaneously for La Marmotte and the limit of the roll of pre-was quickly reached (three times more applications than last year). precaution, we have repeatedly suspended access to entries, not to embarrass servers and all treatments. Important Information: <It takes time sometimes up to 72 hours and 5 days (by banks and countries) for the treatment of bank we return information and automatically update the list of pre-inscits. therefore if you have the receipt of the bank, amount, date, and especially the transaction reference (print) your pre -registration is valid, even if your name is not on the list immediately. So be patient: some precaution registered 2 see 3 times and more crowded server and secure places .. especially Marmotte online < : a priori limit is reached. Online registration suspended. Finally we need to check duplicate registrations and cancel. According to their number, we may be able to release some seats and back online. Trophée de l'Oisans <: there are 280 seats. Marmotte mail <: it is too early to give you information. First received, first served, unserved will anyway be placed on a waiting list. Enrolment multiple events of the Grand Trophy <: select the Grand Trophy (top) and deselect events not retained (points awarded from 4 cyclosportives)

That's a helpful and useful translation ;)
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    It looks like I will have accommodation available in Vaujany (approx 10miles from Bourg D'Oisins) as the group I was going with has changed their plans but I'm not willing to pay the extra £300 for their option.

So I've booked a 2 bed, apartment that sleeps 6 - it has 1 double bed (mine!), 2 bunks and 1 double sofa bed so it would be comfortable for 4 to share with each getting their own bed. It has a small kitchen area, dishwasher and shower/bathroom and is big enough to keep bikes in too. It is booked from Wednesday 3rd to Wednesday 10th July and cost £320.
    The apartments are called Residence les Valmonts - see http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/ra-c-sidence-les-valmonts.en-gb.html?aid=304142;label=postbooking_confemail;sid=666076bce7306b120d837c5fd89361d2;dcid=1;checkin=2013-07-03;checkout=2013-07-10;srfid=be933e6e35eeeba1bb7258609599f5e091af8fdfX1

If anyone is looking for accommodation at a very reasonable price then give me a shout as I'm still planning on using it but willing to share with up to 3 others with costs being share equally. I'm looking for those who are genuinely interested and we can sort out payment etc once numbers have been confirmed.

If anyone is flying from Edinburgh on Wed 3 July by Easyjet and staying until 10 Jul then maybe we could share car hire too.

cheers, Kev
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • kfinlay
    Rather than hijack this thread I think I'll put the info in a new thread so more people can see what's available - see http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40007&t=12893531
    Kev

• narbs
    Does anyone know if the VFD bus runs up from Bourg on the day of the event?

We're staying just outside Bourg and my wife doesn't drive but it would be good if she and our daughter could be up at AdH for the finish.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    BTW - finding accommodation is not a problem. When we’ve been before we didn’t bother booking until a month or so before the event. Alpe d’Huez is a BIG winter resort and there are over 32,000 beds available in hotels, chalets, bed-and-breakfasts and apartments - plus the two large campsites in Bourg d’Oisans. Even with 7,000+ cyclists descending on the place for the weekend, it’s still half empty.
  • kfinlay
    ju5t1n wrote:
    BTW - finding accommodation is not a problem. When we’ve been before we didn’t bother booking until a month or so before the event. Alpe d’Huez is a BIG winter resort and there are over 32,000 beds available in hotels, chalets, bed-and-breakfasts and apartments - plus the two large campsites in Bourg d’Oisans. Even with 7,000+ cyclists descending on the place for the weekend, it’s still half empty.

Anywhere you know may be be able to provide reasonable priced accommodation for 1 person?
    I booked somewhere for 4 of us but the 3 others changed plans and I wasn't willing to stump up over 5 times more cash for somewhere that offered breakfast but little more. So I've got somewhere that will sleep up to six and have asked if anyone wants to share in my other thread - it could help others who may be travelling alone and finding it difficult to get somewhere cheap but good. If there is somewhere for single travellers like me then can anyone point me in the right direction and I'll give up the apartment I've already booked :D
    Kev

• bahzob
    bahzob Posts: 2,195
    I don't know about how cheap or otherwise they are but every time I go to the area as a solo cyclist I try to stay at KOM. You may end up sharing a room with a someone but that helps with the cost. You are guaranteed a warm welcome, great food and, if doing the Marmotte, good on route support for the day itself.

http://www.kingofthemountains.co.uk/index.asp
    Martin S. Newbury RC
  • kfinlay
    cheers but way out of my price range at 665EUROS for the Marmotte week - looks very good though
    Kev

• narbs
    kfinlay wrote:
    ju5t1n wrote:

Anywhere you know may be be able to provide reasonable priced accommodation for 1 person?
    I booked somewhere for 4 of us but the 3 others changed plans and I wasn't willing to stump up over 5 times more cash for somewhere that offered breakfast but little more. So I've got somewhere that will sleep up to six and have asked if anyone wants to share in my other thread - it could help others who may be travelling alone and finding it difficult to get somewhere cheap but good. If there is somewhere for single travellers like me then can anyone point me in the right direction and I'll give up the apartment I've already booked :D

Two years ago I booked about a month before the event with the AdH accommodation office and stayed at one of the Club Med/Pierre & Vacances hotels in by the altiport. I think I paid about €50 a night for B&B.
  • kfinlay
    narbs wrote:
    kfinlay wrote:
    ju5t1n wrote:

Two years ago I booked about a month before the event with the AdH accommodation office and stayed at one of the Club Med/Pierre & Vacances hotels in by the altiport. I think I paid about €50 a night for B&B.

The apartment I have just now is about the same cost (£320 for 7 nights) but sleeps up to 6. plenty space for me but would be cheap for anyone willing to share (as low as £23/night) and they would have their own room. I'm just trying to find anything cheaper than this option but the sites I've tried so far are much more expensive or sold out. :(
    Kev

• millster
    millster Posts: 209
    Have just sent you a pm kev, but think I misunderstood what you were after! Thought that it was 320 per person, not for the whole apartment!

You're not going to get anything much cheaper than that other than taking a tent i'm afraid.
  • 7kg
    7kg Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    Anyone selling their entry?

Are entries transferrable?

UPDATE: Ive got my entry now via one of the sport communication partners based in Holland.
  • Ciclored.com organizes a trip to compete in the Marmotte and also enjoy some routes through the Alps. More ... http://www.ciclored.com/forum/topics/te ... e=activity
  • So what happens next? I have a place but haven't a clue what to do (if anything) next. Where is the medical certificate form? The Website truly is appalling.
  • C'mon, the website isn't that bad. Not Facebook maybe but it's not what they're about.

Anyway, the medical certificate is linked off the registration page, here:
    http://www.sportcommunication.info/web2010/pdf/certificatgb.pdf .
    Sometime over the next six months, get it signed and stamped by your GP, then scan it and e-mail to the organisers at: inscription@sportcommunication.com (or fax). Closer to the event they'll start sending you e-mails to confirm your riding number and arrangements on the day.

On the question of 'what to do next', the usual suggestion would be go easy on the mince pies and get the miles in...
  • In my experience you don't need to send your Medical certificatre prior to the event you can just show it at registration... ( not that they take any notice of it )...!!.. To save on the expense of an official Dr's certificate the last couple of years me and mates just forged certificates and they were never checked... all Dr's / Surgery certs are gonna be slightly different which is probably why they don't take much notice in checking them... especially when there are thousands registering /queueing on the Friday etc...
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    In my experience you don't need to send your Medical certificatre prior to the event you can just show it at registration... ( not that they take any notice of it )...!!.. To save on the expense of an official Dr's certificate the last couple of years me and mates just forged certificates and they were never checked... all Dr's / Surgery certs are gonna be slightly different which is probably why they don't take much notice in checking them... especially when there are thousands registering /queueing on the Friday etc...

My mate did that too.
    I've used the same (real) medical certificate for 4 years.
    exercise.png