Marmotte 2013

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Registered. :)
  • shocking website...just been to google translate and it seems my payment has been accepted...took ages of refreshing and going back a page to try again. Just hope I have entered the right event and get some confirmation email soon
  • Similar experience to Kfinlay. Had to keep refreshing page to get all the entry boxes up.
    If you use Inscription En Ligne Individuel - it will still let you enter multiple people. I entered 3 of us. A bit tortuous but got there eventually.
    You can check to see your name on list - see Payment Verification or enter surname & forename.

Looking forward to it now as it will be first time for me and the wife riding in the Alps. Best get broken arm fixed now!!
  • tonyscp
    tonyscp Posts: 111
    I don't even see the Marmotte as an option - just the Grimpee the day after. anyone got any suggestions.
  • I think I'm entered, I'm on the registered list you get on the website anyhow. Received a payment confirmation e-mail but last year received an 'inscription' e-mail pretty much straight away, although to be fair I'm sure they are just being overrun at the moment.

One thing I noticed, it gives you the option to find any previous races (I have done it before) and you select from a list. However, whenever I tried to use that I just got (eventually after much F5 use) to the race select page but there was no option for Granfondo Marmotte, just the Grimpe, the two day tour and the Mini Marmotte. However, when I just started from scratch (ie select 'my name is not on the list) and entered my details then it would appear.

Not sure if it makes any difference but at least I'm in (I think it might mean something about start numbers but I think that only applies to the 1st pen (1 - 400 I think) so no issues there for me either way.
    So this little yellow braclet makes me a better cyclist?
  • I also couldn't see Marmotte Grandfondo as an option. I was using my profile on the website that was already set up. After half an hour of trying, I created a new profile (with the same details) and then the options all came up. So if no box to select, create a new profile. Frustrating but registered now.
  • bcss
    bcss Posts: 174
    Done, as most people just got the payment confirmation

For all those trying persistence is the key (this is a joke compared to the persistence you needed to get an Olympic ticket), 10-15 min and you ll get in

IMPORTANT: as someone indicated before ALWAYS refresh no matter what kind of error at what stage you get, eventually you get there

good luck!

btw here's the direct link to the name entry page http://www.sportcommunication.info/web2 ... s+la+liste
  • I have an email saying my payment has gone through but when I check the list of entrants I cannot see my name....should I be concerned?
  • I've paid and received an email to that effect but I am not seeing my name on the 'registered' list...website is a shambles. Let's see...
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • jinx :D
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • Thanks to Leroy & Steveromans - I was having exactly the same problem and was about to give up when I read your posts. All signed up now.

The Sportcom website simply gets worse year on year.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Site crashed last night and now seems to be full-will try and get a cancellation later /next year.PM me if you have an entry you dont want as I still want to do this again.We have issues over the gold standard.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • mpd62
    mpd62 Posts: 71
    Recieved payment confirmation for 3 , but not on list, does the list take a while to update?
  • genki
    genki Posts: 305
    nevman wrote:
    Site crashed last night and now seems to be full-will try and get a cancellation later /next year.PM me if you have an entry you dont want as I still want to do this again.We have issues over the gold standard.

It's not full. They've obviously not refreshed their database. If you registered for an event last year it won't show you that event as available. So if you register again instead of clicking on your name when offered that option, you can see all the events, including the Marmotte. Whether you lose a good dossard number that might be linked to your old ID number remains to be seen, but I'd rather have the certainty of being signed up.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Is it the 2 Jours one? Thats the only 174km one?
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    willy b wrote:
    Is it the 2 Jours one? Thats the only 174km one?
    That's one only one I see but, no, it's not the same
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • The Marmotte GranFondo is no longer available as an option :(

From what I gather La Rando des Marmottes ( 2 Jours ) is basically the same course as the GranFondo, but split over 2 days. I've signed up for that, not quite the same challenge, but should still be fun.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Can't see the event in the list to register
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Guys, it's still available.

I just went in to check and after doing the F5 shuffle again it does turn up.

You have to enter as a new entrant, do not select your name from the list as it seems that if you did it last year it doesn't give the option.
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    I have just registered for GranFondo so it isnt sold out just yet. It took me about 20 mins of refreshing to get there though....................I did select my name from the list and just refreshed a few times for it to bring up my details.
  • Brucey72, did you do the Marmotte last year?

It seems to be (I have a previous registration that I didn't use last year) that if you did it last year the option doesn't come up, but for the one that I didn't use it does come up. Maybe some glitch in the system.
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    Entries now back out apparently, shows as available on the website!
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    I have an email saying my payment has gone through but when I check the list of entrants I cannot see my name....should I be concerned?

I too have payed but no email and not on the list. What a shambles.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • I too have submitted a payment after re-registering myself. Have no confirmation e-mail as yet and no entry on the confirmed list of entrants. I expect to receive an e-mail at some point this week confirming my registration.

MySQL as the dbase for this?? Are they MAD?
  • genki
    genki Posts: 305
    At least the event is well organised, even if the website is a shambles :roll:
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Many many thanks-Im in now.Thank you Bikeradar (wont be saying that on 6/7)
    :mrgreen:
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • nevman wrote:
    Many many thanks-Im in now.Thank you Bikeradar (wont be saying that on 6/7)
    :mrgreen:

Ha Ha!! What a rollercoaster! Bienvenue a Sportcommunication!!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I made it all the way to payment section after loads of mysql connection errors and half loaded pages, as other have said my basket contained the details of three other people then it BORKED :lol:

Can't be arsed now
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I paid last night and didn't see my name on the list, for peace of mind I entered again this morning, about a minute ago. Also, the names on the list add to about 1,900 in all, filtered for Marmotte and Mi Marmotte is about 1,300. There are still places if the list is anything to go by.....

I now see my name :D Will have to sort out a refund later
    Where\'s me jumper?