Sky Presentation to ASO (Inevitable Doping Thread alert)

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    DeadCalm wrote:
    In reply to a question on twitter from someone calling himself Dr Headgear he had the following to say:

Not Pat McQuaid ‏@UCI_Overlord
    @DrHeadgear @Velocentric @birdman_73 @festinagirl @richardmoore73 I am simply a satirical parody that is a serial pot stirrer. Nothing more.

You may notice a certain likeness between Dr Headgear's avatar and that of one of the posters on this very forum.....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    DeadCalm wrote:
    In reply to a question on twitter from someone calling himself Dr Headgear he had the following to say:

@DrHeadgear @Velocentric @birdman_73 @festinagirl @richardmoore73 I am simply a satirical parody that is a serial pot stirrer. Nothing more.

You may notice a certain likeness between Dr Headgear's avatar and that of one of the posters on this very forum.....
    :?: :shock: :oops:
    Aha!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    DeadCalm wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:

Aha!

Quite alright, was about to post it but was caught by the "new post submitted" function :-) First time that useless piece of code has done any good.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    DeadCalm wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:

Aha!

Excellent! New mock the week tonight! I'd have never known if I hadn't been curious who drheadgear was. Hi!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    JV tells festinagirl that they meet with ASO.every year as well - dopers Bernie tells ya, Dopers!!

(yes, I'm on Twitter now, @ddraver)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    ratsbeyfus wrote:

Well what a surprise, some people have jumped on something totally innocent and tried to twist it to fit their sordid agenda.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    ddraver wrote:
    JV tells festinagirl that they meet with ASO.every year as well - dopers Bernie tells ya, Dopers!!

(yes, I'm on Twitter now, @ddraver)

You might have your privacy turned up a bit high... can't find you.
  • ddraver
    Wow, my first ever Tweet to Claire Balding to tell her I filled out that same-sex marriage survey thingum. I feel so liberal and inclusive and geeky...

just confirmed my e-mail - maybe try now. I think most of the security is off...?
    - @ddraver
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I still haven't sent my first tweet to Clare Balding.

On topic: say what you will about Vaughters and his apparent unwillingness to fess up to everything, but his twitter feed is fantastic for this sort of thing. Patience of an angel.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Timoid. wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Is that our very own Gabriel1969?

Indeed. Your very own.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    ddraver wrote:
    Wow, my first ever Tweet to Claire Balding to tell her I filled out that same-sex marriage survey thingum. I feel so liberal and inclusive and geeky...

just confirmed my e-mail - maybe try now. I think most of the security is off...?

Nope, I found you through your Claire Balding tweet. Can't find you on search - I have increased your followers by 50% 8)
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • A mate of mine has spoken to people who have attended these meetings. Nothing more than a powerpoint and gossip session.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,455
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Is that our very own Gabriel1969?

Indeed. Your very own.

Richard Moore responds;

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/ ... 67,00.html
  • ddraver
    andyp wrote:

Hee Hee i know - hang your heads in shame Boys (and Tusher)! We re nought but shallow essex girl gossipy hello readers
    - @ddraver
  • gabriel959
    He doesn't add anything or says anything. Just like his previous post where he spoke about Team Sky speaking to ASO just like any other team around does.

He spends his time dealing with my crappy blog not with relevant questions about Team Sky's performances.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • gabriel959
    Given the amount of stuff that's copy pasted from Bernie it looks likely.

I only pasted some relevant stuff he posted at the bottom to show some doping links. I could have posted a lot of stuff I have got in Spanish but that wouldn't help, clever cog, or would it?
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    gabriel959 wrote:
    He doesn't add anything or says anything. Just like his previous post where he spoke about Team Sky speaking to ASO just like any other team around does.

He spends his time dealing with my crappy blog not with relevant questions about Team Sky's performances.

I think that last line sums up exactly what he was saying in his own piece. Anything a team / rider does or doesn't do is used as 'evidence' that they are up to something. I'm still trying to see why Sky's performances are seen as suspicious. They sent a strong team containing riders with a past history of GC placings in stage races who are strong time triallists, managed to get good TT results on a day where conditions played a big part and then rode at (hard) tempo in the mountains where they tailed off mainly 2nd rate riders and a few better riders who were way out of form (such as Nibali). Evans didn't really look troubled and a few climbing domestiques hung on in there.

Also, much was made about Wiggins maintaining his form but he has only raced 29 days this year - virtually all of that has been in the 3 stage races he has won which suggests he is training to race rather than racing to train like a lot of others would have been. Just because he has won the races doesn't mean he has been at 100% in the 3 races - look at those who pushed him closest at P-N and Romandie, they wouldn't be on many people's lists of favourites in a week long stage race let alone a GT. Even Dauphine only had two serious contenders other than Wiggins.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Richard Moore is on Radio 5 this afternoon talking about his new book (about athletics). Gabriel won't be on talking about his cut and paste blog.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gabriel959
    RichN95 wrote:
    Richard Moore is on Radio 5 this afternoon talking about his new book (about athletics). Gabriel won't be on talking about his cut and paste blog.

I find it funny people taking cheap shots at me. I really don't care, I didn't want to write the blog but only did it as he insisted on my showing why Sky weren't squeaky clean.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • Turfle
    Do you think you did that?
  • gabriel959
    No, I only had 40 minutes to write something so I wrote a bit and copied other stuff I had seen. I thought it was interesting to see that Michael Rodgers had a doping past (some people didn't know as I had some comments that way and another few were also surprised regarding the team doctors).

There is a very good blog in Spanish, I would say that it is the best cycling blog bar none, in terms of knowledge I have read and he goes deeper into Wiggins and Team Sky.

But you have to read Spanish...

http://ciclismo2005.blogspot.co.uk/
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Whatever the credibility, or otherwise, of Team Sky ( or 'UK Postal' as ciclismo would have it) some of their team members have all the credibility of a snake-oil salesman. Take Geraint Thomas, who said of Armstrong:
    "He has had numerous allegations thrown at him through the years but hopefully he hasn't done anything wrong. Hopefully people can let it go."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/wales/18442349

He also takes money in return for promoting Bioflow magnetic wristbands :roll:
    Speaking after celebrating another Team Pursuit World Championship Gold medal, Thomas, commented: “I‟m delighted to be teaming up with Bioflow and joining their stable of elite athletes. I wore my Bioflow Sport wristband for the first time when I was out in Melbourne and we broke the World record and won gold! I‟m looking forward to enjoying more success with them as well as the long-term benefits Bioflow‟s magnotherapy technology has to offer.”
    http://www.bioflowsport.com/team/wp-con ... Thomas.pdf

I am surprised that Team Sky hasn't got Wiggins wearing one of these miracles!
  • Turfle
    There something wrong with saying "hopefully he hasn't done anything wrong"?
  • BikingBernie
    Turfle wrote:
    In that it amounts to wilfully ignoring the huge raft of evidence that has been collected against Armstrong, much of which is already in the public domian, yes!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Turfle wrote:
    In that it amounts to wilfully ignoring the huge raft of evidence that has been collected against Armstrong, much of which is already in the public domian, yes!

What, you mean there is actual evidence that Armstrong doped? Why didn't you share it with us before?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited June 2012
    Turfle wrote:

But riders don't read any of it. They've got lives to be getting on with, better things to do. They don't sit in a darkened room cataloguing and cross referencing every scrap of evidence, sleeping with David Walsh books under the pillow, like you do. I doubt most riders know even the simplest facts about it. They don't really care - on a list of their priorities, Armstrong doesn't come close to the top 100. They're not nearly as boring as you.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Turfle
    Turfle wrote:

How many hours reading is Thomas required to do on Armstrong?
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Boasson Hagen probably doesn't know who Armstrong is.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • BikingBernie
    Turfle wrote:
    How many hours reading is Thomas required to do on Armstrong?
    Why would he need to do any reading at all, given that his Sky teammate Michael Barry rode with Armstrong between 2002 and 2006 and so must have been party to all that went on in the Postal /Discovery team bus, as documented by Landis , Hamilton et al.?