Tour de Suisse *Spoilers*

18910111214»

Comments

• ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    dangerous gaps for the yellow jersey - De Costa has to take on the chase himself now
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    the four only have 14 seconds now - its over for Frank and co..
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    What a shit climb to tack on to the end of a GC stage. Totally killed it. So Rui holds on and there are no GC gaps...........................

Congratulations Rui Costa then.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Valverde defo did a shed load of work for Rui this TdS. Rui's appreciation showing there at the end.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    I guess Frank wasn't particularly bothered about winning the race then. Hopefully he'll care more in the TdF.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    thegibdog wrote:
    I guess Frank wasn't particularly bothered about winning the race then. Hopefully he'll care more in the TdF.

Bit harsh, he attacked on all 3 mountain stages.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Anyone else dissapointed by today's anti climax of a stage - last week a poor end to the dauphine as well what is it with organisers who have HC climbs 60-70kms from the finish....what's wrong with having 2 mountain tops finishes on the saturday and the sunday like we used to have....that stage today was never going to shake up the GC.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    thegibdog wrote:
    Yeah, probably. Would've been nice to see him go all out for the win today though, seemed to me he was more interested in testing out his climbing legs.
  • frenchfighter
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Anyone else dissapointed by today's anti climax of a stage - last week a poor end to the dauphine as well what is it with organisers who have HC climbs 60-70kms from the finish....what's wrong with having 2 mountain tops finishes on the saturday and the sunday like we used to have....that stage today was never going to shake up the GC.

Totally.

I was all prepared for an epic stage which would be referenced for years to come where Frank went solo at 45km out and went on to win the stage and the GC.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

Totally.

I was all prepared for an epic stage which would be referenced for years to come where Frank went solo at 45km out and went on to win the stage and the GC.

That's cycling though. You get sucked in by some epic performance and then wait ages for another one, most days are interesting at best, dull at worst. For every epic win there are 50 average ones.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,184
    Good effort by Frank. Looks far better without little bruv to worry about. He was never going to do iy that far out solo though and no-one else strong enough to climb with him. As others have said the final big climb was too far from the finish and that final 2nd cat climb was just too easy. Excellent team ride by Valverde too. How many km did he pull on the front? At least Rabo tried to make their numbers count.
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    Only caught the last 20k - did schleck mess his tactics up to isolate himself? Could have done with one or two of the dutchies with him. Or was rui costa strong?
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    edited June 2012
    Some piccies from yesterday. I cycled up the Rengg Pass from Malters, the same way as the riders and the Glaubenberg Pass in the opposite direction (although not from the bottom of the pass in Entlebuch) as we cut across from the Rengg Pass. It was hot, hot, hot!

The leading group of 5 riders over the Rengg Pass led by Matteo Montaguti.
    nwy0s5.jpg

The Peloton about 11 minutes behind on the Rengg Pass

wt8552.jpg

Euskatel straggler on the Rengg Pass

30j74vc.jpg

FDJ well back on the Rengg Pass

25rz9er.jpg

The leading 3 on the Glaubenber Pass about 1 km from the summit

5p1s83.jpg

Mathias Frank

sfxxqs.jpg

Fränk Schleck on the attack on the Glaubenberg Pass

117z2x5.jpg

Tom Danielson

aue0kw.jpg

The best of the rest (Valverde, Costa hidden by Gesink, Nieve)....

vhe0oy.jpg

16j0dqg.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    thegibdog wrote:

Missed all this.

Now, who was right re-the Schlecks?

I can't hear you!
    5856104927_15311e1063_z.jpg

Yes - that's right. Me.
  • inkyfingers
    Blimey Rick, you're even younger than we thought.
  • frenchfighter
    Only caught the last 20k - did schleck mess his tactics up to isolate himself? Could have done with one or two of the dutchies with him. Or was rui costa strong?

The leaders started kicking off at 45km on the 2nd G climb. Frank just rode them off the wheel with ridiculous ease (seriously he was just looking at the views and they were out the saddle grimacing). He solo'd to the top, with a minute on them and took the descent with some vigour. He then sat up in the valley and the chasers behind (group now going from 6 to about 20 on the descent) and rode with them to the finish which was so easy no gaps were created.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Hey Afx, did you see where Spidertech came?

Team Classification:
    1 Astana Pro Team 107:46:30
    2 Rabobank Cycling Team 0:06:48
    3 Euskaltel - Euskadi 0:08:33
    4 AG2R La mondiale 0:17:42
    5 RadioShack-Nissan 0:22:47
    6 BMC Racing Team 0:25:09
    7 Katusha Team 0:25:24
    8 Movistar Team 0:28:46
    9 Sky Procycling 0:31:12
    10 Omega Pharma-QuickStep 0:35:41
    11 Garmin-Barracuda 0:46:56
    12 Team Saxo bank 0:48:12
    13 Vacansoleil - DCM Procycling Team 1:01:20
    14 Lampre - ISD 1:23:31
    15 Team Type 1 - Sanofi 1:25:48
    16 Liquigas-Cannondale 1:45:17
    17 Spidertech Powered by C10 3:30:12

Best placed rider was an hour down on GC.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Frank:
    Thx to @TrekBikes the new 7series Madonne does not only cuts the wind #aero but feels great in climbs,stiff and light.
    Andy:
    Go Bro GO GO GO
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Hey Afx, did you see where Spidertech came?

Yeah, I'm all for giving smaller teams a shot, but jeez, I think they were a bit out of their depth in this one.