How many pages will this go to :shock:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    Ballsed that up then!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    edited May 2012
    Yay! Finally Guardini!!! Eat that RAI. :lol:

Don't know why Cav is so animated. Clearly the youngster was much faster, today.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Guardini!! Ignore my posts on the first page! Looked to me like Cav was 4th...defo pipped for 2nd anyway!
  • Richj
    Richj Posts: 240
    Well Saxo Bank messed that one up.

Sky got them themselves sorted and Cav was beaten in a straight sprint to the line, am a bit shocked!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Unhappy, I am WFH and the early finish meant I will see it before going to airport.

So had a bet on Cav :(
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    just didn't have the legs
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    I'd have put a huge amount of money on Cav to win that!
  • Pross
    Was a very good lead out by G as well. Failed to fully recover from the TV sprint?
  • Pross
    Not sure what Cav was annoyed at - presumably just hitting out in frustration at himself?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Yay! Finally Guardini!!! Eat that RAI. :lol:

Don't know why Cav is so animated. Clearly the youngster was much faster, today.

Cross with himself for being beaten I expect.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    He didn't even sprint in the TV sprint though?

Not sure why he was shouting at Guardini either?!....perfect sprint by him and Cav never really seemed to accelerate.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Pross wrote:
    Sky could be stuffed here.
    GT did all he could - they were one man short in the train i think
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    Guardini was following the white line on the road all the way, just frustration from Cav. I guess when you're used to winning, getting beaten comes as a shock!
  • TMR
    Tom BB wrote:

Not sure why he was shouting at Guardini either?!....perfect sprint by him and Cav never really seemed to accelerate.

Legs probably affected by yesterday, but everyone's in the same boat so...
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Pross wrote:
    Not sure what Cav was annoyed at - presumably just hitting out in frustration at himself?

Prob something to do with being an arrogant little P**ck.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Guardini!! Ignore my posts on the first page! Looked to me like Cav was 4th...defo pipped for 2nd anyway!

2nd, surely?
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    edited May 2012
    inseine wrote:

2nd, surely?

Confirmation of the result of stage 18: 1. Guardini, 2. Cavendish, 3. Ferrari, 4. Hunter, 5. Haedo. Cav gets 20pts for 2nd to go with 8 for the intermediate.

That's what the ticker has anyway!
  • inseine wrote:

2nd, surely?

Yep 2nd with ferrari 3rd
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Well well,

A great leadout from G and the SKY boys, everything set up perfectly and Cav fluffs it. Have the mountains destroyed his legs?
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    Great sprint by Guardini, Cav comfortably beaten into second.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Tom BB wrote:

No but he rode up a hill much faster than he normally would've - normally he'd've surfed it, saved the legs and been brought back to the front.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Pross
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Sky could be stuffed here.
    GT did all he could - they were one man short in the train i think

Yep, Kennaugh went home yesterday and would normally be between Bernie and Geraint. Hunter was finishing fast. Good timing by Guardini though, he was up at full speed before anyone reacted and was never in trouble.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Guardini photo coming up, standard. Go that man.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Fantastic for Guardini who has been the butt of a few jokes over the last few days in the Italian media due to his lowly position in the overall GC.
    -Cnews
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    It's not the first time someone has anticipated Cav and taken the jump. AleJet did it during the 2010 TdF, switched to the left side of the road with 200m to go and left Cav behind Renshaw with at least 5-10m advantage before Cav could react.

That's racing, you can't win them all.

I hope he is decent about it though as far as his team mates are concerned, he's no-one to blame but himself.
  • frenchfighter
    edited October 2012
    Did he use his solid salute?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Well well,

A great leadout from G and the SKY boys, everything set up perfectly and Cav fluffs it. Have the mountains destroyed his legs?

Doubt it, he seems to go through them well on the Tour. I think it was just a very good, well timed effort by Guardini. Not sure why he hasn't figured up until now on that performance.