Giro: stage 11 'spoiler'.

knedlicky
knedlicky Posts: 3,097
edited May 2012 in Pro race
There is a group of 5 lowly-placed riders about 2 mins ahead

The peleton passed the first feeding zone about 10 mins ago.

At Rigutino.

There was a battle there once.
On the 14 May 1799, as the plaque here tells us.

Extremely bad planning to have the Giro come by 2 days late of the anniversary!

Maesta_Rigutino.jpg

Comments

• snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    taken from gazzeta.it

'Average speed after the 3^ h. of race: 36,400 Km/h. '

:shock:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    taken from gazzeta.it

'Average speed after the 3^ h. of race: 36,400 Km/h. '

:shock:

Is continental to use a comma for a decimal point innit ;).

Is the brits who are weird in that one :P.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    The farther they go the slower they get, the last hour their average has only been 34 km/hr. It’s fairly flat and there’s no wind, just it’s bit cool for Italy in May (13 deg C).

Saez, Delage, Boaro, Denifl (who is best-placed, 42 mins back) and Kaisen are in the breakaway. Kaisen is starting to behave much the same as Keizer and Minguez - it’s his third time in a breakaway.
  • rick_chasey
    Sprinter day = rest day innit?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    knedlicky wrote:
    The farther they go the slower they get, the last hour their average has only been 34 km/hr. It’s fairly flat and there’s no wind, just it’s bit cool for Italy in May (13 deg C).

Saez, Delage, Boaro, Denifl (who is best-placed, 42 mins back) and Kaisen are in the breakaway. Kaisen is starting to behave much the same as Keizer and Minguez - it’s his third time in a breakaway.

The fuga competition is turning into a good little contest! Minguez will attack tomorrow.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    afx237vi wrote:
    The fuga competition is turning into a good little contest! Minguez will attack tomorrow.

Your comment doesn't say much for the race so far does it...
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:

Eh... I'm enjoying it. Week and a half in, it's all still to play for. None of the favourites out of contention, it's building nicely for week three. The alternative is what we saw last year, which is much worse.
  • rick_chasey
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Eh... I'm enjoying it. Week and a half in, it's all still to play for. None of the favourites out of contention, it's building nicely for week three. The alternative is what we saw last year, which is much worse.

Yup.

I like that people with no massive GC ambitions are competing for the jersey at this stage. It's what you want in a GT.
  • inkyfingers
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

I was only half serious. Definitely better than last year, which was basically decided by now. I think they could have made the first week more interesting, but it's about to get very serious with all the main GC men still in contention.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Afternoon GiroGeeks.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    It's just a shame none of the breaks have really managed to get to the 'will they / won't they stay away' stage though with the possible exception of Saturday was it?
  • inkyfingers
    They must be having a rest day...I decided to turn the cycling off and do a bit of work. I turn it back on and there are still 71km to go, may as well go and do the washing up as well.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,455
    It's a shame they couldn't have routed today's stage through Bastardo again, just to momentarily relieve the tedium.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Gees it's going slow today... Still 40k to go, I'd quite happily sit on the front at this speed! SIGN ME UP.
  • rick_chasey
    Judging by the post count of the thread, Cavendish should win.
  • Pross
    Catch is going to be too early again.
  • afx237vi
    Saxo Bank team car just handed Boaro a bidon full of espresso.
  • rick_chasey
    Meanwhile, in twitter land:
    Three men walk into a bar. Says Fabian: Hey, Roger & Tom, let's tweet in English full plenty misstakes! OK, says the others! THE END
  • Some of those bends could be interesting on this final lap round....
  • afx237vi
    Someone is guaranteed to overcook the corner with 400m to go. Very narrow.
  • Pross
    Greenedge putting pressure on up the drag.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    This finish is bound to end in tears. Not so much the bends but the fact it's only about 3 metres wide on the apex.
    Uran has a little stumble.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Uran spends too much time near the back for someone with outside GC credentials.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited May 2012
    Visconti trying a M–SR approach.
  • Pross
    Attack going nowhere.
  • afx237vi
    Kreuziger and Scarponi on the attack...
  • Pross
    WTF Scarps and Kreuziger attacking!
  • Sky seem to have a their train together and moving up nicely...
  • afx237vi
    Uran in Cav's train... interesting. Wonder if Wiggo is watching this? :twisted: