Close down the Helmet Cam thread

124»

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    supersonic wrote:
    *takes mod hat off*

Got a new hat ain't ya?!

Don't let it go to your head - WAIH got it and he's a student fer God's sake..... :mrgreen:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    supersonic wrote:
    *takes mod hat off*

Got a new hat ain't ya?!

Don't let it go to your head - WAIH got it and he's a student fer God's sake..... :mrgreen:

Red hat to go with his red strides?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    It's a strong look.

Goes with this hat I have too.
    Rapha-Knitted-Hat.png
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    It's a strong look.

Goes with this hat I have too.
    Rapha-Knitted-Hat.png

Yet another image not showing up?!? Since the forum was 'improved' this keeps happening but it never happened before.
    I've looked on a PC and an iPad and it didn't work on either.

Edit: It's working now. Strange. I wonder if Boardman666's pictures are visible again?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    I still can't see it. Considering it was an answer to my post I'm extremely disappointed.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    richVSrich wrote:

Oh dear. Lots off footage of near misses and ,RLJing. I don't think this will be a good thing for cyclists.
    I remember a while ago someone from a TV company came on here trying to buy helmet cam footage and was told where to go (long walk, short pier kind of suggestions).
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • aeon
    aeon Posts: 167
    Vesterberg wrote:
    back on topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvcnyHto ... e=youtu.be

This is the kind of inflammatory stuff I'm coming across 'whhhooaaa love, whaddya think your doing' shouted at women drivers for daring to attempt to share the road/

i'm fairly new to it, but i think that video shows the good and the not so good sides of the helmet cam. on a positive note, the penultimate segment - the lorry overtake - really was quite dangerous and unpleasant and i'm glad that it's captured on film (although i'm not sure what the next stage is - unless there's a company visible to complain to).

however, the first two offence seemed pretty innocuous! harder to tell when you weren't there, but i really don't think the 'poor road positioning' was to tempt cycles up the inside - if anything i reckon the motorist was trying to give a bit of extra space. ok, it may not have been the best way of accomodating other road users, but..
    FCN 10 - Crosstrail