Ronde van Vlaanderen ***SPOILER***

Comments

• ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Sagan just throws the bike into the grass - what are the Flandian laws on salvage?
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • What was that they said about the ladies race? Something about Kirsten Wild.
  • What was that they said about the ladies race? Something about Kirsten Wild.

She was 2nd. Arndt 1st.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Pross wrote:
    Are Euaskatel obliged to ride the northern classics? I can never see the point in them taking part and their riders seem to hate it. Benign weather but that looks like it might change for the main event next Sunday ;)

Note the team wearing legwarmers - some Euskatel guys obviously not at all keen on riding this race.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,194
    andyrr wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Are Euaskatel obliged to ride the northern classics? I can never see the point in them taking part and their riders seem to hate it. Benign weather but that looks like it might change for the main event next Sunday ;)

Note the team wearing legwarmers - some Euskatel guys obviously not at all keen on riding this race.

I only noticed after that they've got a man in the break! Team car looks keen to get involved though lol
  • Some crazy team car driving there...

Fab at the back again.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Pross wrote:
    andyrr wrote:
    Pross wrote:

I only noticed after that they've got a man in the break! Team car looks keen to get involved though lol

All the team cars need to get in front before the Kwaremont.

Hence the long wide-road run in.... That's deliberate.
  • peterst6906
    peterst6906 Posts: 530
    Pross wrote:
    Team car looks keen to get involved though lol

I'll say. Seems Hoogerland's favourite driver is back again.... :wink:

These drivers are idiots.
  • Snorebens
    Snorebens Posts: 759
    I often wondered why they didn't combine F1 and Pro cycling

Canc still well back... was Gilbert bluffing all along?
  • Wow... that could have been nasty.

@gietvangent
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Jesus wept something has gotta be done about these cars moving through the peloton-someone is gonna get killed ffs!
  • Boonen at the back now too.

@gietvangent
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Don't worry Eurosport. Take your time.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    You forget how narrow the Kwaremont is!!
  • Unlucky puncture for Boom... if you could pick a moment for it to not happen...

@gietvangent
  • cristoff
    cristoff Posts: 229
    screw you Eurosport, now waching online with flemish commentary!!
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    cristoff wrote:

Same. When's it coming back?
  • Snorebens
    Snorebens Posts: 759
    You don't want to be at the back here
  • cristoff
    cristoff Posts: 229
    cristoff wrote:

2;15, when all the big climbs are done I'll bet!
  • majormantra
    cristoff wrote:
    cristoff wrote:

This is #%&!!. I expect more from the TV I don't even pay for. :wink:
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Sporza link not working now!
  • peterst6906
    Cancellara and Boonen on the front of the peleton now
  • majormantra
    This Flemish one is working at the mo:

http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-10.php
  • peterst6906
    Sky car broken down?
  • Is that the marginal gains mobile being pushed up the hill?

@gietvangent
  • cristoff wrote:
    cristoff wrote:

At the present speed looks like Eurosport be back for Oude Karemont #2. So, the Koppenberg is the main miss.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    69km to go, gap around 1:15.
  • majormantra
    Some of these guys look like they could use a few lower gears. Really grinding on the climb.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    For sale
    4reqmb.jpg

used jaguar - goes like a rocket on the flat - has problems on hills and cobbles at low speed.
    Only light use, but damage to doors from Director Sportiv shoe imprint

offers - buyer collects from some remote part of belgium
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2