Ronde van Vlaanderen ***SPOILER***

peterst6906
peterst6906 Posts: 530
edited April 2012 in Pro race
09:00: Pre-race sign on coverage has started on Sporza. On for the next 60 minutes through to the start:

http://live.sporza.be/cm/lmc/wielrennen ... Vlaanderen

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    No decisive breaks at the sign in. I'm loving the Sporza coverage. I'm determined to learn Flemish (is that the language of the Sporza coverage?) for this time next year. Bring on the linguaphone subscription!

I'm very excited about today's race!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Looking forward to hearing Karel's excited tones later on
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • peterst6906
    ...(is that the language of the Sporza coverage?) ...

Yes, Flemish dutch is the language of all their coverage.
  • Yellow Peril
    ...(is that the language of the Sporza coverage?) ...

Yes, Flemish dutch is the language of all their coverage.

Thanks. I'm fed up with being a talentless thick Brit cycling fan. I'm going to obtain some panache by learning Flemish dutch.

Boonen looking very relaxed as he awaits sign on. What a turn out by the public1
    @JaunePeril

• peterst6906
    Boonen looking very relaxed as he awaits sign on. What a turn out by the public1

So does Cancellara and Chavanel.

Good to see Flecha back on the bike, but like he said, it will be interesting to see how his hand is at the end of the day after all the cobbled sections.

The turnout by the public is always like that in Belgium. I was almost out of bed to head down there myself this morning. Luckily though, I'm in Paris next weekend, so the start of P-R is on my calendar.
  • peterst6906
    There it is. They've just rolled off the start.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Random Question, anyone know if it is on danish tv
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • Yellow Peril
    I must say I'd love to see Cancellara drive it on at some point. I know it is a predictable move but I find the sight of the world's greatest cyclists being chewed up and spat out by this one man Tsunami absolutely compulsive viewing.
    @JaunePeril

• peterst6906
    I must say I'd love to see Cancellara drive it on at some point. I know it is a predictable move but I find the sight of the world's greatest cyclists being chewed up and spat out by this one man Tsunami absolutely compulsive viewing.

Yeah, with the changed course this year incorporating three passes of the Oude Kwarmont and Paterberg, I'd like to see him lap someone.... :D
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Has Hoogerland attacked yet?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • peterst6906
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Has Hoogerland attacked yet?

Still behind the race directors car. He'll attack in a few minutes after they hit the start line for the racing.
  • peterst6906
    They've reached the official start. Racing from this point forward.
  • peterst6906
    An immediate attack by a group of 9-10 with Andre Schultz out front a further 20-30 metres.
  • peterst6906
    Pulled back quickly. Lots of small attacks by 1-2 riders trying to get a group away. Another small break to a group and a Katusha rider off the front
  • peterst6906
    Race coverage off now until 12:00 on Sporza.
  • I must say Sporza have handled this beautifully. I get a nice break in coverage to get all my jobs done before I hit the Belgian beer for the afternoon coverage.

I'm still not over having to cancel my trip to Bruges this weekend though. :x
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Everyone "in the know" seemed to be saying Chav's the man, and his 2nd last year might make his earpiece not work properly come the finale.
  • iainf72
    I'm half expecting Gilbert to suddenly have some form.
  • Or Pozzato to unglue himself from the favourites wheel and do some work?

Sorry, you can only stretch credulity so far.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    Random Question, anyone know if it is on danish tv

Non random answer: It's on Danish Eurosport from 11:45 - 12:15 and 14:15 - 16:00. Plus an hour's highlights at 23:15.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • iainf72
    No OPQS or Shack riders in the break
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    iainf72 wrote:
    I'm half expecting Gilbert to suddenly have some form.

Me too. I was even debating changing my PTP pick earlier.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • peterst6906
    After just over an hour of racing, break away group of:

Anders Lund, Gert Dockx, Manuel Belletti, Peio Bilbao, David Boucher, Vladimir Isajtsjev, Massimo Graziato, Pablo Lastras, Maarten Tjallingii, Tyler Farrar, Sven Vandousselaere, Baptiste Planckaert, Tom Veelers, Daniel Schorn and Andreas Schillinger

Vaughters on Twitter: No RadioShack and no Omega-Quick Step in the escape. Perfect.

Lead is currently 4' 20"
  • Farrar in the break, apparently.

@gietvangent
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    Danish eurosport mucking around with schedule :-!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Sporza now live!

@gietvangent
  • I say live... They've a sullen looking Nick Nuyens giving analysis in the studio.

@gietvangent
  • peterst6906
    edited April 2012
    I say live... They've a sullen looking Nick Nuyens giving analysis in the studio.

They will stay in the studio until about 13:00 (CET), so you can expect about an hour of analysis and discussion before switching to the race.
  • peterst6906
    Lead group currently at 5' 40" advantage on the peleton.