Music you're most allergic to

Comments

• DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Coffee table music like coldplay, Dido, David Gray, James Blunt etc.

and C+W.

This. Perfectly summed up.
    Peter
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Haven't read whole thread properly so Ocean Colour Scene for me if there hasn't already been a mention.
  • andy_f
    andy_f Posts: 474
    System of a Down
    The Kooks
    The Sex Pistols
    Whitesnake
    The Smiths
    LMFAO
    JLS
    Anyone who has anything to do with Simon Cowell, even if they have passed him in the street, I don't like them.
    "Let your life rule your job, not your job rule your life"

Born to ride, forced to work.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I'm adding Nickleback to my list. I phuckin' hate'em.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    Supertramp, ELO, Scouting for girls, Edwin Collins (never known a girl like you before) and last but not least Pink Floyd.
    They all make me want to get a cheese grater to my ears.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • Anything manufactured like an X Factor winner, they all deserve a long stay in a Turkish prison. Also, I can't stand the album of covers by Alvin and the Chipmunks that is currently my childrens' method of torturing me in the car. I agree with noodleman; Pink Floyd - what a load of toss.
  • Haven't read whole thread properly so Ocean Colour Scene for me if there hasn't already been a mention.

Even if they have been mentioned before it's worth mentioning them again.
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,259
    Gizmodo wrote:
    Rap = well something with 1 extra letter before it.
    Like you, i'm in agreement with the late George Harrison, "The c is silent."
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    The public at large has bad taste. I used to work in a record shop in the early nineties when we Brits were revolutionising the music scene with tonnes of new and exciting bands. However, it was terribly disheartening every time someone like Elton John or Tina Turner brought out a new greatest hits record, to see them shoot to the top of the charts.

To see so many negative comments about U2 and Coldplay pleases me but proves my theory about the majority having no taste: they're 2 of the biggest bands in the world. Who actually buys their records (showing my age) when nobody likes them?
  • Dunk_911
    Dunk_911 Posts: 239
    Right well I am shocked than no one has cited Adelle (not sure on how to spell it[she is not on my Christmas card list though so it doesn't matter]) How long will it take before everyone realises that she is a big fat blob who can't sing? Perhaps I am being unfair, she does put a lot of effort in which I believe is the reason that everyone thinks she is good 'ooh it's so passionate', 'ooh she's singing about something she cares about', 'ohh she's pure arse more like' Seriously if when I die some wise guy plays Adelle at my funeral, I will haunt them forever. but it wont be a fun haunting like on Harry Potter (something else I hate), oh no, this will be a whole new level ;)

Other 'artists' who will cause a 'rage-from beyond the grave' include but are not limited to;

-Rihanna (again not sure on spelling but not bothered for the same reason as Adelle) - Guy one says 'you would though wouldn't you?' I say 'what? love to sling a large spade across her face repeatedly? Yeah, totally...'
    -Anything that my colleague plays all damn day long at work - generally radio one extracts from Friday night shows. Exactly what I need when its only 11:00 AM on a Tuesday
    -Dub Step or 'wub step' as I like to call it. Can't really say I have ever listened to it through a choice of my own but when it has been inflicted on me by some scrawny weed in his Ford Ka with lowered suspension to make it look even more stupid I have been tempted to deal him (and the guy on the radio) the 'Rihanna shovel treatment'
    -The lonely island people can all get in a bus and drive it straight off a ferry for all I care
    -Chipmunks are animals and should never be allowed near a microphone let alone a recording studio. Regarding his crimes against humanities, Alvin and his pals should be deported to some awful war zone where they can be SHOT TO PIECES.
    -Everyday I'm shuffling man is well due a silencing caused by a firm kick square in his plums. Hopefully the prescribed treatment will stop him from shuffling too so even he will get something out of it.

There is more but I can't be bothered thinking of anymore solutions to the problems that these 'musicians' are inflicting on humanity.

PS I do not condone shoveling of peoples faces, but lets face it - these aren't people are they?

Oh and by all means, say if you think I'm out of line (then I can add you to the above list ;) )
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    This thread is now 5 days old and as far as I can see nobody has mentioned Sting/The Police.

I take it that's because you've all managed to form an effective mental shield against aforementioned purveyors of aural excrement.
  • MattC59 wrote:
    Anything by angry black people or angry white chavs (it's all the same stuff !!)

I don't want to pick you up on some kind of racial slur cause I know that's not what you meant, but angry black people created the blues and all that spawned from it, whereas angry white chavs created Goldie Lookin' Chain... :oops: ...your point just isn't empirically accurate.

The rest of the list however. Aaaaamen.

Personally, I'd quite like to fly a light aircraft into Damien Rice.

I actually just registered on this forum because I love riding & I hate Damien Rice & this seemed like an unmissable opportunity to combine the two! Nice.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    phil collins
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    I just fucking hate anything Jo whiley likes and the sound of anything that comes out of her mouth. This is a lot because she likes everything and talks in great length about exactly how much she likes fucking everything, especially Coldplay.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    All mainstream shite that gets played on the radio.
    Rap
    Hip Hop
    Urban
    All Z Factor "winners" or those that got a record deal just for getting past the first round.
    The Carpenters
    C & W
    Emo
    ABBA
    Queen
    I could go on and on and on and on.........................
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    phil collins

best not tell $tevie G Laa that!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • byke68
    phil collins

Forgot to mention Mr Collins in my previous post. Along with Oasis, Queen, Adele, Lady Gaga, Cheryl Cole, Boyzone, Take That, The Beatles, Level 42, JLS, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, George Michael and load of others. But I do like The Wedding Present.
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    phil collins

That just reminded me of this youtube thing I stumbled upon once, can't listen to it without laughing, brilliant. (praise baby jesus that there's people who spend their time making thing for youtube like this :) )

'Phil Collins Shreds'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_tlkX4r0nc
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,030
    I have fairly strong constitution when it comes to music. But for me, Enya brings out a real feeling of physical repulsion......Yuk!
    And, anything intended to be New Agey or 'relaxing'.

Keep it away from me! I want music to tear into my soul and rip my guts out. :twisted:
  • What a fantastic thread, best for ages.
    Lovin the joyous venom and banter in the comments.
    I thought / am told by the wife that I was bad but I can tolerate / like many of the bands mentioned.

Anything that involves being shouted at by a black man.
    Now just hang on.....
    Hold the over played and pathetic 'race' card.
    Anyone eligible to attend the 'MoBO's'
    By that I mean anyone singing, I could appreciate but shouting or 'rapping' is just unneccasary.

Can you imagine the reaction if there was to be an awards ceremony for 'Music of White origin'?
    Oh heaven forbid!!!
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    What a fantastic thread, best for ages.
    I thought / am told by the wife that I was bad but I can tolerate / like many of the bands mentioned.

Now just hang on.....
    By that I mean anyone singing, I could appreciate but shouting or 'rapping' is just unneccasary.

Can you imagine the reaction if there was to be an awards ceremony for 'Music of White origin'?
    Oh heaven forbid!!!

What about Eminem? He's white and shouts so is that OK? Sorry but you sound like a racist &%*$

I am allergic to

Gangster rap, you know the stuff where they make gun shapes with their fingers :roll: (doesn't matter if it's black or white people doing it, it's all cr4p)

Country and western usually brings me out in hives too but Jonny Cash is an exception
  • If 'gangsta rap' is the genre then that's the stuff I'm alergic to.
    That includes Eminem, who would be most welcome at the Mobo's.
    Or to be face slapped with a shovel as the earlier comment jested.
    As for your other remark.....
    I'll rise above that and not take the bait.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    You don't need to take the bait, you do sound like a racist. Or at the very least, someone with a massive 'race' chip on their shoulder.

While I'm here, I can't stand that strange looking posh ginger boy who plays his guitar and sings about crack and being from the ghetto.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Pink Floyd
    Frank Zappa
    RnB
    Hip Hop - those MC's without a DJ to cut records together and make real Hip Hop, ie Flo Rida et al. So basically most stuff after 97 so Rappers really.
    Prog Rock
    X factor output
    SAW output
    Marilyn Manson (Really Brian NIN, KMFDM, Ministry were way harder and way more menacing).
    Talent show output
    Middle Class Guitar band whiny crap. (Coldplay etc).
    Oasis (Worst Beatles cover band ever)
    New Romantic
    Genesis - With Pete and without - Sh!te
    Trance

For starters.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Bon f***ing Jovi
  • byke68
    What a fantastic thread, best for ages.

Now just hang on.....

Oh heaven forbid!!![/
    quote]

Why would a "Music of White Origin" ceremony be considered racist when there is the MOBO? White people make music as well as black people. music is music no matter where or who, good or bad makes it. Chinese, Indian, Russian, Israilis, Japanese all produce music. To make a special point about black music is pointless. Why not change it to Soul/Urban/Hiphop awards?
    Does this make people raising the issue racist? Am I? No is the answer.
    I don't like Soul, Urban, 99% of rap and Hiphop but I like Death and Black Metal, Industrial Ambiant and noise. This is just my taste in music, no racist overtones there. Next.......................
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • Well said.
    My point entirely.
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    That Ginger guy is Ed Sheeran. And (regardless of liking/disliking his music) he's not 'posh' (althogh that would depend on your definition of the word).

I'll tolerate/like almost any music, but my pet hate is when some ar$ehole thinks it's OK to poison my ears with whatever they're playing too effing loudly in their car or worse, on headphones.

Or even worse, via the loudspeaker on their phone.

:twisted:
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Sheeran, yes, that's him. Looks a bit like an alien. You a fan?
  • mustol
    mustol Posts: 134
    R & B (Rhythm & Bass not the real Rhythm & Blues!)
    The Coors - Aaaaaaargh!
    Shania Twain
    James Blunt
    Bruce Springsteen
    Jack Johnson
    Leona Lewis

By the way, I ake any critcism of The Smiths very personally - they are the best band of all time and I should know - I'm a miserable git!
    :(