• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Sense of an Ending for the 2nd time.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I read them back to back last summer - thought they really rather fell apart, last book sucked IMO. Shame as the first couple were awesome.

Currently hating myself for reading a James Patterson, the last one we bought (Cross) and the last one we'll every buy.I'd forgotten what a lazy and annoying writer he has become. Page 153, chapter 47 FFS.

Last book however was the latest Carl Hiassen published in paperback, Star Island, vintage Hiassen! Laugh out loud funny, nastily observed and wickedly comic.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    This thread

Mark Cavendish - Boy Racer
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Was recommended "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" and really enjoyed it - kind of a cross between Yes Minister and The Thick of It - I've not seen the film
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Was recommended "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" and really enjoyed it - kind of a cross between Yes Minister and The Thick of It - I've not seen the film

Very nice book. If you liked that you might also like 'a short history of tractors in the Ukraine'

Don't see the movie for god's sake. It's another attack of Hollywood buys the story rights to a good book and then dumbs the whole thing down. Remember the castrated travesty of a filming of Captain Corelli's Mandolin?
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,341
    JonGinge wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Dude the Illiad is epic and long. Most seem to skirt over it, isn't 20 or so books in length?
    Technically, yes. More like chapters, though.

To paraphrase Wrath of Khan:

Khan: The Iliad is not so long as we were led to believe

Was going to say, I have a paperback copy (therefore it ain't that big) - still haven't made it all the way through yet.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition