JTL

Comments

• mike6 wrote:
    What we need is a change in the law to prevent this abuse.
    That is a fair assessment but that even doesnt hold up in the Contador case. If it wasnt for a German journalist this would have been rugged under the/a carpet by the UCI. Sure, the results of Conti were stripped and he was not allowed to race for a whole six months which is strange when one compares that to the Pellizotti case or other riders who basicly were kicked out of the sport.

JTL?

He will come up with an acceptable explanation for his values. This will be proven to be a hoax.
  • ---
  • mike6 wrote:
    Thanks for clearing that up Rich. So all any cheat needs to do is appeal, and keep competing, get found guilty and only serve what is left of the ban? Brilliant. And they say the law is an ass. Proven I think.
    What we need is a change in the law to prevent this abuse.

This was a bit of an unusual situation.

AC gets popped
    No more racing for him through remainder of 2010
    Feb 2011 - Spanish Cycling Fed say they're going to give him a 1 year ban
    Feb 2011 - AC appeals - Spanish Cycling Fed believe him and ditch the 1 year ban
    AC's back in the game
    Mar 2011 - UCI and WADA announce they're appealing to CAS. And rules are that he's free to race until CAS hears the case and issues its ruling - which took until Feb 2012. Legally AC is able to race as he's not banned.

The lengthy delay of 11 months is what did the damage. But the problem is that CAS constantly has a queue of cases waiting for their attention, a queue that's longer than the one outside Harrods before the first day of a sale. And that queue's just getting longer by all accounts.
  • ---
    Here you go expert:
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7930/ ... itive.aspx

''Seppelt first commented on the case in October when German television station ARD dealt with the issue on the Mittags Magazin programme. He said that they contacted UCI president Pat McQuaid hours before the announcement and received a denial that Contador was being investigated. The positive test was subsequently announced, with the news being transmitted by Contador’s spokesman in a late-night press release.''
  • ^Dont try to get a rise, sweetpea.

You and your friend have already derailed one thread which resulted in the mods doing the right thing. You aint doing it again with this one.
  • That Giro 2011 by Contador was a beautiful example of a real Champion.

Any time authorities are involved its going to be dragged on for far too long. Lets hope JTL is racing soon and I mean racing and not doing a lackey job before the tv cameras start rolling.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Stillnot you can cut your deliberately antagonist nonsense.

Ps. To save you time on google, antagonist means: to oppose
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Stillnot you can cut your deliberately antagonist nonsense.

Next time you want to show you are smart please use the correct wording, it is deliberate and not deliberately, wiseguy.

And, please, deliberately misspelling a membersname, how old are you guys really? 15? 16? Forumpunks?

Please address my post for its content; JTL, in three weeks time he will be cleared.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited December 2013
    That Giro 2011 by Contador was a beautiful example of a real Champion.

Any time authorities are involved its going to be dragged on for far too long. Lets hope JTL is racing soon and I mean racing and not doing a lackey job before the tv cameras start rolling.

FF, I have to say that was a hell of a Giro by AC.

And you're right about the authorities and how things drag on. The delay doesnt help anyone.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,166
    Delete. Not worth it
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,344
    RichN95 wrote:
    Delete. Not worth it

Totally agree.

Were you going to point out it should be deliberately antagonistic nonsense?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Stillnox wrote:
    Stillnot you can cut your deliberately antagonist nonsense.

Next time you want to show you are smart please use the correct wording, it is deliberate and not deliberately, wiseguy.

And, please, deliberately misspelling a membersname, how old are you guys really? 15? 16? Forumpunks?

Please address my post for its content; JTL, in three weeks time he will be cleared.

Correct you are. As are you TA.

I am 15 on a Tuesday but 30 on a Thursday.

Congratulations on using bold, italic and underline in one post...not often you see that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:
    Delete. Not worth it

Totally agree.

Were you going to point out it should be deliberately antagonistic nonsense?
    Ha. Am I that predictable?
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Stillnox wrote:

Sigh. Another aggressive nutter to put on ignore. :roll:
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    mike6 wrote:
    Stillnox wrote:

Sigh. Another aggressive nutter to put on ignore. :roll:

One day you will actually contribute to a post. :(
  • Congratulations on using bold, italic and underline in one post...not often you see that.
    Thank you for your generous compliment, I hope you mean it by heart.

Just like your opinion, and those of Mike6, Rich95, on the subject: JTL.

I think it is sad you dont want to share your knowledge with new forumites like me. Instead you try to engage in a virtual fistfight which is totally uncalled for. Just like the other day in that other thread. You kinda look like some sort of cult where outsiders (with of course a different opinion) are not welcome. Perhaps I am wrong but I sense a lot of hostility. I don't get that.

Back to JTL then.
    -
    What if JTL is totally cleared in a few weeks time? And he will be. Was all the fuss a few weeks ago necessary? Will it have any consequenses for those who brought or leaked that news? We are talking about a man's carreer here, his livelyhood. You do not mess with that where I come from.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,781
    Stillnox wrote:
    Back to JTL then.
    -
    What if JTL is totally cleared in a few weeks time? And he will be. Was all the fuss a few weeks ago necessary? Will it have any consequenses for those who brought or leaked that news? We are talking about a man's carreer here, his livelyhood. You do not mess with that where I come from.

So you're basically saying what virtually everyone else in this thread has said? Excellent, we can all leave this thread to die whilst waiting for confirmation that the results have been explained. /thread
  • gpreeves
    gpreeves Posts: 454
    Stillnox wrote:
    Congratulations on using bold, italic and underline in one post...not often you see that.
    Thank you for your generous compliment, I hope you mean it by heart.

Just like your opinion, and those of Mike6, Rich95, on the subject: JTL.

I think it is sad you dont want to share your knowledge with new forumites like me. Instead you try to engage in a virtual fistfight which is totally uncalled for. Just like the other day in that other thread. You kinda look like some sort of cult where outsiders (with of course a different opinion) are not welcome. Perhaps I am wrong but I sense a lot of hostility. I don't get that.

Back to JTL then.
    -

I'm inclined to agree with you regarding JTL. I do hope that his BP values are shown/agreed to be natural and he can get back to 2012 form in time for next season.

However, I can't agree with you about the hostility on this forum. I'm a relatively infrequent poster, but have found that most people here are willing to listen alternate opinions (it's one of the main reasons I come here rather than other sites). As long as you don't resort to ad hominem attacks most topics can be discussed in fairly good humour.
  • In Walsh's book Inside Sky Walsh called JTL for an explanation. His call was not returned.

Brailsford told Walsh to speak with JTL and he couldn't add anything further.

Whilst these types of letters for the passport program are confidential to the rider and team I'd like to see more transparency from Sky.

As its now public information we should be entitled to know whats going. The sport deserves it as well as the fans.

From a personal perspective I don't understand the secrecy surrounding the issue. Walsh needs to follow up and Brailsford needs to provide where the team stands on JTL.

If JTL was doping and is now training with Sky then thats a problem for a team with ZTP.

Let's hope Sky do the right thing here. We don't want a exploding cigar with this one.
  • Errrm, isn't it livelihood???

Live by the sword etc etc .......
    'fool'
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    WBT, what transparency do you expect from Sky? The query about JTL's values relate to last season when he was on a pro-continental team and not subject to the bio-passport. This year's values are, I understand, kosher, but there is a query about last year in comparison.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,781
    Oh FFS. Think I'm going to take a break from this part of the site until silly season is over. Bring on the racing please!
  • mm1 wrote:
    WBT, what transparency do you expect from Sky? The query about JTL's values relate to last season when he was on a pro-continental team and not subject to the bio-passport. This year's values are, I understand, kosher, but there is a query about last year in comparison.

True. But Sky have this ZTP and supposedly Leiders and Julich etc. doped in the past but not at Sky. They still got the bullet.

Not suggesting JTL gets the bullet but he's employed by Sky and if a doper as late as 2012 then he has no place at Team Sky. It should be addressed. Especially by a team considered to be on the "vanguard of anti-doping" - their own words.

We don't want another Ryder H situation going on here. That was a train wreck. In slow motion.
  • gpreeves wrote:
    I'm inclined to agree with you regarding JTL. I do hope that his BP values are shown/agreed to be natural and he can get back to 2012 form in time for next season.
    Same here, he is/could be an exiting rider for the Ardennes classics.
    Pross wrote:
    So you're basically saying what virtually everyone else in this thread has said? Excellent, we can all leave this thread to die whilst waiting for confirmation that the results have been explained.
    Sorry, I admit I havent read the whole of the thread so I am not familiar with the general thought. Please excuse me for that.

That said, wouldnt the scoop ''Jonathan Tiernan Locke to explain his bloodvalues to the UCI'' prove to be premature when proven the ladd is innocent of any wrongdoings? The scoop implies more than there might be factually, in fact.

Well, guess we have to be patient for a few weeks, it is not like JTL hasnt explained why his form was nothing like last years, that must be connected somehow.
  • Yikes, 42 pages and 836 posts.
    I'm outa here. JLT and ZTP?
    Might as well be a BLT, ATM.
    This thread will self destruct in 5.....4........3.......2
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,954
    entitled

You're not.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Yikes, 42 pages and 836 posts.
    I'm outa here. JLT and ZTP?
    Might as well be a BLT, ATM.
    This thread will self destruct in 5.....4........3.......2
    You could always just ignore the thread, but, it seems your attention wh@re attitude prevents such?

Please inform me if I am incorrect in my judgement.

JTL please.
  • Errrm, isn't it livelihood???

Live by the sword etc etc .......

:lol:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • entitled

You're not.

What an odd statement.

That sounds exclusionary.

Perhaps my values system is higher than most.

I believe we are all entitled to know. Assuming that people want to know. Perhaps some don't?

In cycling one can't afford to go on blind trust alone. That would be foolhardy.
  • RichN95.
    Dear WBT & Stilnox,

You have recently been posting on his forum and that's fine. But if you want to be taken seriously and not as trolls it might be beneficial to post about topics which don't involve Sky and doping. Show that you have some interest in cycling. Look at rayjay. He thinks Sky are doping, but he talks about other stuff so we accept him.

At the moment you are seen as Clinic trolls, which you are.
This discussion has been closed.