Mates rates; services you can offer other forumites

Comments

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Repair of bent race cars.... (see http://www.alfa.me.uk/crash.html)

crash0.jpg

Is that *after* the repair....? :wink:
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Repair of bent race cars.... (see http://www.alfa.me.uk/crash.html)

crash0.jpg

anhh that would polish out with a bit of t-cut
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Gussio wrote:

Yup - this was *before* :wink:

donorfloor.jpg
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Repair of bent race cars.... (see http://www.alfa.me.uk/crash.html)

Bent as in the "Bought from W1" kind of bent?
  • Bent as in the "Bought from W1" kind of bent?

There's no repairing stuff that is that badly "bent".

And, before anybody asks, I don't provide electric shock treatment either...!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    mrc1 wrote:
    Really good idea - quite a few forumites have already booked with us and we will do the best prices possible for fellow commuters. We will soon be in need of some help with video production/editing so if you have the skills get in touch and we can do a swap!

I'm seriously thinking about doing one of your Tours!

Currently seeing how it fits in calendar wise.
  • CREATIVE

FINANCIAL

GENERAL
    SimonAH Woodwork and cabinet making; design and build small items of bespoke furniture.
    SimonAH Welding (MIG) and general engineering.
    Veronese68. Happy to help with general tinkering if I can. Car, bicycle or motorcycle.
    Gussio Bike maintenance workspace in Richmond - happy for others to use if they are space-constrained

IT
    Mudcow007 I'm an IT nerd an I like things with wires in gimmie a shout if you need anything, i can hook you up
    Now retired but 20 years experience in GIS (Geographical Information Systems)
    OptimisticBiker - also in IT but background in electronics, so I do prototyping of electronic/mechatronic thingummybobs for people that have good ideas but no idea how to design/engineer them.

LEGAL
    Asprilla - Can provide watertight alibis at short notice.

LEISURE
    mrc1 - Le Domestique Tours - Cycling tours in the Alps and Pyrenees and UK team race days.

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
    Veronese68 Parts for Triumph, MG, Mini and MX5, oh and Moggy Minor.
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Semi Pro Photographer, had images published blah blah (no pron, I'm sensitive)
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    SimonAH wrote:
    Thread to post any skills you have that may be of interest to others on here.
    Please work by quoting and edit appropriately so that the last post becomes a directory. I've entered a couple of headings to kick things off - add your own as you see fit.

CREATIVE
    ngale: general journalism, press releases etc

FINANCIAL

GENERAL
    SimonAH Woodwork and cabinet making; design and build small items of bespoke furniture.
    CdrJake: engineering project management, naval architecture, CAD and Technical drawing, Lloyds examinations and certifications for Marine vessels, Car/van servicing and pre MOT inspections. Health and Safety Inspections in engineering environments (nuclear and non nuclear). Cycle repairs, builds, rebuilds and designs from scratch.
    ngale: general admin, project management, risk assessment writing, technical reports.

IT

LEGAL

LEISURE
    ngale: Military Map Reading, Fieldcraft, Marine Engineering and Communications Information Systems instruction. All to young people in cadet contexts
    ngale: level 6 FA registered (Devon FA & Royal Navy FA) referee
    CdrJake: registered rugby referee and cricket umpire. Rugby, cricket, and fives coach.

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,371
    Just trying to think of a scenario where you would ask a mate for a nuclear H&S Inspection...

"Yeah, I've got this small reactor in the greenhouse - got the kit off the internet"

:lol:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    rjsterry wrote:
    Just trying to think of a scenario where you would ask a mate for a nuclear H&S Inspection...

"Yeah, I've got this small reactor in the greenhouse - got the kit off the internet"

:lol:

well you never know, that reactor you have in the house supplying energy to the place may just need checking over one day.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,371
    There was a kid in America who managed something with radioactive material collected from smoke alarms - ended up causing a minor nuclear emergency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hahn
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • CREATIVE

FINANCIAL

GENERAL
    Veronese68. Happy to help with general tinkering if I can. Car, bicycle or motorcycle.
    Gussio Bike maintenance workspace in Richmond - happy for others to use if they are space-constrained

IT
    Mudcow007 I'm an IT nerd an I like things with wires in gimmie a shout if you need anything, i can hook you up
    Jay dubbleU Now retired but 20 years experience in GIS (Geographical Information Systems)
    OptimisticBiker - also in IT but background in electronics, so I do prototyping of electronic/mechatronic thingummybobs for people that have good ideas but no idea how to design/engineer them.

LEGAL

LEISURE
    mrc1 - Le Domestique Tours - Cycling tours in the Alps and Pyrenees and UK team race days.
    Greg66 - Condo rental in Whistler. Skiing & stuff in winter (duh!) and MTB'g/road biking/golf/walking/general R&R stuff in summer.

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
    Veronese68 Parts for Triumph, MG, Mini and MX5, oh and Moggy Minor.[/quote]
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Greg66 wrote:
    CREATIVE

FINANCIAL

GENERAL

IT
    Jay dubbleU Now retired but 20 years experience in GIS (Geographical Information Systems)

LEGAL

LEISURE
    Greg66 - Condo rental in Whistler. Skiing & stuff in winter (duh!) and MTB'g/road biking/golf/walking/general R&R stuff in summer.
    RickChasey Coxing (for any of you rowers out there).

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
    [/quote]
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Gussio wrote:

Yup - this was *before* :wink:

donorfloor.jpg

Shame on you a garage with not a bike in sight :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    mrc1 wrote:
    Really good idea - quite a few forumites have already booked with us and we will do the best prices possible for fellow commuters. We will soon be in need of some help with video production/editing so if you have the skills get in touch and we can do a swap!

I'm seriously thinking about doing one of your Tours!

Currently seeing how it fits in calendar wise.

I'll give you all the full low down after I/we return this summer
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • CREATIVE
    SmellTheGlove German to English translation of engineering and technical specs, reports etc, but have also tackled websites, books and similar less heavyweight material.

FINANCIAL

GENERAL

IT

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
    Veronese68 Parts for Triumph, MG, Mini and MX5, oh and Moggy Minor.[/quote][/quote][/quote]
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • itboffin wrote:
    Shame on you a garage with not a bike in sight :roll:

It's a Canadian kit house with a double-width garage designed for N American cars (my race car will fit in one side on its trailer). Believe me, there's plenty of room for bikes in the bits you can't see. Only 8 bikes in there right now - and you still wouldn't see them in those shots :lol:
  • itboffin
    CREATIVE
    SmellTheGlove German to English translation of engineering and technical specs, reports etc.

FINANCIAL

GENERAL

IT
    itboffin - guess what? well 25 years in all areas of IT/Internet/SaaS and now e-commerce architecture (1 in every 50 transactions) - the stories i could but wont tell :wink:

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    CREATIVE
    SmellTheGlove German to English translation of engineering and technical specs, reports etc, but have also tackled websites, books and similar less heavyweight material.

FINANCIAL

GENERAL

IT

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL

THERAPY
    cyclingprop A healthy dose of MTFU, cynicism or sarcasm. You choose which.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Sketchley wrote:
    @simonah

Cabinet making you say... I'm after a pair of bedside cabinets in oak, or oak veneer, that have specific dimensions as I'm struggling on the width front, from memory they need to be less than 33cm wide but I can confirm later. Pm me with a guideline price and we could take it from there....

FWIW, SimonAH made a fantastic shelving unit for me, to very precise and awkward dimensions (between a wall and a radiator, but needing to take into account skirting boards and a radiator pipe). It's exactly as I'd wanted, perfectly made and generally ace.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    CREATIVE

EDUCATION
    PBo Private tuition in science - secondary school inc. A level, but I've also done booster work with Y6 girl before she started secondary. North London area.

FINANCIAL

GENERAL

IT

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL

THERAPY
  • itboffin
    CREATIVE

FINANCIAL

GENERAL

IT

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL

THERAPY

Nice :evil:
  • CREATIVE
    whitebait01 Jazz function band, bass guitar/upright bass player for hire (live/studio).

FINANCIAL

GENERAL

IT

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL

THERAPY
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,683
    CREATIVE
    whitebait01 Jazz function band, bass guitar/upright bass player for hire (live/studio).

FINANCIAL

GENERAL
    ddraver Reservoir characterisation and exploration. Analysis, descriptions and geological interpretations of core and wireline logs, RCA data, petrographic and advanced diagenetic analysis data. Studies may cover single or multi well datasets.

IT

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL

THERAPY

Well...you never know...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    CREATIVE

EDUCATION
    PBo Private tuition in science - secondary school inc. A level, but I've also done booster work with Y6 girl before she started secondary. North London area.

FINANCIAL

GENERAL
    ddraver Reservoir characterisation and exploration. Analysis, descriptions and geological interpretations of core and wireline logs, RCA data, petrographic and advanced diagenetic analysis data. Studies may cover single or multi well datasets.

IT

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL

THERAPY

if we are going to do this, can we take care to quote the most up to date list please, as mine was missed off.
  • CREATIVE

EDUCATION

FINANCIAL

GENERAL

IT
    itboffin - guess what? well 25 years in all areas of IT/Internet/SaaS and now e-commerce architecture (1 in every 50 transactions) - the stories i could but wont tell :wink:

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL

THERAPY

PBo wrote:
    if we are going to do this, can we take care to quote the most up to date list please, as mine was missed off.

Quite. I've put itboffin back in. He seemed a bit miffed earlier.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Greg66 wrote:
    CREATIVE

EDUCATION

FINANCIAL

GENERAL

IT
    cyclingprop IT infrastructure Architecture, Datacentre design, Infrastructure governance and technical delivery management. IT project management. Process analysis and redesign. Drinking lots of coffee and diet coke.

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL

THERAPY

Since people are putting serious ones in...
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    EDUCATION
    Bompington jack of all trades, can help with physically restraining 15yos having toddler tantrums, highly experienced in getting spat at, sworn at and kicked, impervious to the sound of doors slamming or personal insults, can fix up networks with duct tape and trial & error, bears user incompetence and idiocy to a nearly infinite level while letting comments to the tune of "your ********** computer's broken" waft right past him, also does some teaching when the opportunity occasionally arises.
    See also creative - after over 20 years of practice can now play the intro to
    Money for Nothing almost properly
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633

EDUCATION
    Bompington jack of all trades, can help with physically restraining 15yos having toddler tantrums, highly experienced in getting spat at, sworn at and kicked, impervious to the sound of doors slamming or personal insults, can fix up networks with duct tape and trial & error, bears user incompetence and idiocy to a nearly infinite level while letting comments to the tune of "your ********** computer's broken" waft right past him, also does some teaching when the opportunity occasionally arises.
    See also creative - after over 20 years of practice can now play the intro to Money for Nothing almost properly

FINANCIAL

GENERAL
    Pangolin Own and can use a sewing machine.

IT
    cyclingprop IT infrastructure Architecture, Datacentre design, Infrastructure governance and technical delivery management. IT project management. Process analysis and redesign. Drinking lots of coffee and diet coke.

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL

THERAPY
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono