Mates rates; services you can offer other forumites

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
Thread to post any skills you have that may be of interest to others on here.
Please work by quoting and edit appropriately so that the last post becomes a directory. I've entered a couple of headings to kick things off - add your own as you see fit.

CREATIVE

FINANCIAL

GENERAL
SimonAH Woodwork and cabinet making; design and build small items of bespoke furniture.
SimonAH Welding (MIG) and general engineering.

IT

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    SimonAH wrote:
    Please work by quoting and edit appropriately so that the last post becomes a directory. I've entered a couple of headings to kick things off - add your own as you see fit.

CREATIVE

FINANCIAL

GENERAL
    SimonAH Woodwork and cabinet making; design and build small items of bespoke furniture.
    Veronese68. Happy to help with general tinkering if I can. Car, bicycle or motorcycle.

IT

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
    Veronese68 Parts for Triumph, MG, Mini and MX5, oh and Moggy Minor.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    I can make people disappear.
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    Really good idea - quite a few forumites have already booked with us and we will do the best prices possible for fellow commuters. We will soon be in need of some help with video production/editing so if you have the skills get in touch and we can do a swap!
    SimonAH wrote:
    CREATIVE

FINANCIAL

GENERAL
    Veronese68. Happy to help with general tinkering if I can. Car, bicycle or motorcycle.

IT

LEGAL

LEISURE
    mrc1 - Le Domestique Tours - Cycling tours in the Alps and Pyrenees and UK team race days.

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • Gussio
    Veronese68 wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

CREATIVE

FINANCIAL

GENERAL
    Gussio Bike maintenance workspace in Richmond - happy for others to use if they are space-constrained

IT

LEGAL

LEISURE
    mrc1 - Le Domestique Tours - Cycling tours in the Alps and Pyrenees and UK team race days.

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Word on the grapevine is W1 for smack, MBC for crack and blow and Spen for hookers.
    I guess that all comes under leisure?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Word on the grapevine is W1 for smack, MBC for crack and blow and Spen for hookers.

Do you have to be a mate to claim mate's rates?

Edit: I'll do occasional wheel-builds.
  • Gussio
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

The first taste is always free.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Gussio wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Is that how Spen's hookers got you?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Gussio
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Gussio wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Is that how Spen's hookers got you?

And how.
  • jejv
    jejv Posts: 566
    I can change your compact double to a nice sensible triple with proper low gears.

- unless you really are wellhard and think 30mph is pootling.
  • jejv
    Gussio wrote:
    What are your bulk rates ?
    I was thinking about the staff and readership of the Daily Mail.

Don't really want to do landfill. Not sure how you'd sell that many lampshades.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    If you're paying anything for recruiters to find you a job, they're having you on!!
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I can play a mean trance or hard house set. From vinyl you understand, none of this cd lark.......
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Sketchley wrote:
    I can play a mean trance or hard house set. From vinyl you understand, none of this cd lark.......

:D
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    jejv wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

You can get rid of a lot of the staff by revoking their visas. I know a lot of folks who have been through their IT dept and the one thing they all have in common is that none of then are from the UK.....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • sketchley
    @simonah

Cabinet making you say... I'm after a pair of bedside cabinets in oak, or oak veneer, that have specific dimensions as I'm struggling on the width front, from memory they need to be less than 33cm wide but I can confirm later. Pm me with a guideline price and we could take it from there....
    --
    Chris

• jejv
    Asprilla wrote:
    jejv wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

You can get rid of a lot of the staff by revoking their visas. I know a lot of folks who have been through their IT dept and the one thing they all have in common is that none of then are from the UK.....
    They're not the ones I want to get rid of, though. They can probably do useful stuff somewhere else in the UK.

It's the English ones. I'm sure they'd all be much happier in Russia or Kazakhstan. Somewhere where there's more hate to get involved with.
  • asprilla
    I wouldn't inflict them on the Khazaks, it's just not humane.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Greg T does flashing with a side line in happy endings
    Greg66 does moaning like and old woman and semi-professional holidaying just as his clerks ............
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Bike Repair;
    £10 per hour
    £15 per hour, if you watch
    £20 per hour, if you want to 'help'

Trolling is free :-)
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    itboffin will buy you a new bike if you need one as he likes buying them but Mrs Itboffin has said no more.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    spen666 wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    I know, I couldn't believe MBC dealt crack :roll:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Sketchley wrote:
    I can play a mean trance or hard house set. From vinyl you understand, none of this cd lark......

Same here, but more Uplifting House with plenty of piano!!! And as Sketchley said, no CD's. 12" all the way!! ;)
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • sketchley
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    Sketchley wrote:
    I can play a mean trance or hard house set. From vinyl you understand, none of this cd lark......

Same here, but more Uplifting House with plenty of piano!!! And as Sketchley said, no CD's. 12" all the way!! ;)

:D

As for mates rate, I'll play for beer.....
    --
    Chris

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Gussio wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

CREATIVE

FINANCIAL

GENERAL
    Gussio Bike maintenance workspace in Richmond - happy for others to use if they are space-constrained

IT
    Mudcow007 I'm an IT nerd an I like things with wires in gimmie a shout if you need anything, i can hook you up

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • asprilla

CREATIVE

FINANCIAL

GENERAL

IT
    Mudcow007 I'm an IT nerd an I like things with wires in gimmie a shout if you need anything, i can hook you up

LEGAL
    Asprilla - Can provide watertight alibis at short notice.

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
    Veronese68 Parts for Triumph, MG, Mini and MX5, oh and Moggy Minor.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641

CREATIVE

FINANCIAL

GENERAL

IT

LEGAL

Clarkey Cat - can provide imaginative narratives for time recording entries for most areas of law.

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
    Veronese68 Parts for Triumph, MG, Mini and MX5, oh and Moggy Minor
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    CREATIVE

FINANCIAL

GENERAL

IT
    Now retired but 20 years experience in GIS (Geographical Information Systems)

LEGAL

LEISURE

RECRUITMENT

RETAIL
    Veronese68 Parts for Triumph, MG, Mini and MX5, oh and Moggy Minor.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
  • Repair of bent race cars.... (see http://www.alfa.me.uk/crash.html)

crash0.jpg
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH