decision in Armstrong Case and Dennis's Skiiing trip to Vail

CyclingBantam
CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
edited October 2012 in Pro race
... According to the Associated Press, the Federal Case against Armstrong has been closed. Just looking for a link now.

Will it change anyones views on if he doped or not? I doubt it, I just hope he can fade away from cycling now as I don't think he will have any further positive involvement in the sport.

I hope we don't have to put up with too many smug comments from him either (I don't like the guy but do accept, if I were in his position I would feel I was well within my rights to be smug..)

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Err why shouldn't he be smug if this is true?

If a federal investigation has found nothing after a lengthy investigation I think Lance has every right to be smug.
  • Did you purposfully ignore my last line? :0)

I don't like the guy (his public persona) so I don't want to hear him bleating on about this. That doesn't mean I don't think he should. If it was me, you wouldn't hear the end of it!! :lol:
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Mmmm doesnt seem that long ago Jeff Novitsky was being portyayed as a saviour ,some kind of anti doping guardian angel who was going to fling big bad Lance in the slammer . If this is true then lots of egg on lots of faces in this forum for starters.............. :lol: ..........i can feel their pain so i can !!!!! :lol:
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Thought you might turn up!

You are aware the case wasn't "Has Lance ever doped" aren't you....
  • Moray.... MORAY...

... best hold on to that champaigne for just a minute or two...

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11059/Reports-charges-dropped-in-Lance-ArmstrongUSPS-doping-investigation.aspx
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Ah Moray's google alert has been a-buzzing it seems....

Disappointed, but not surprised....Contador will be off next week too and Pat's bank account will keep growing
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • moray_gub
    Moray.... MORAY...

... best hold on to that champaigne for just a minute or two...

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11059/Reports-charges-dropped-in-Lance-ArmstrongUSPS-doping-investigation.aspx

After beating the feds i dont think that should be too much of an issue for him.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Bikeradar's version of Pavlov's dog strikes again. Where's Dennis these days anyway?
  • moray_gub
    ddraver wrote:
    Ah Moray's google alert has been a-buzzing it seems....

Disappointed, but not surprised....Contador will be off next week too and Pat's bank account will keep growing

Why are you not surprised ? After all it was shoe in he would get indicted and found guilty in or so we have been told for the last two years .
  • afx237vi wrote:
    Bikeradar's version of Pavlov's dog strikes again. Where's Dennis these days anyway?

Brilliant! :lol:
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:

personal attacks :lol: I feel your pain :lol: i really do :lol:
  • He's still a c0ck. (and a cheat, shhhhhhhhh). Its probably the c0ck thing that bothers me more...
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpe_d%27Huez#Fastest_Alpe_d.27Huez_ascents

In 2004, Lance went up the Alpe D'Huez 4 minutes quicker than Contador managed last year, that is a measure of just how great he was, and how much more effort he put in than everyone else. Let's leave him alone as he's plainly 'the greatest ever' :)
  • moray_gub
    jeff%20novitsky.jpg

Your boy has taken a hell of a beating :lol:
  • afx237vi
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Personal attack? Really? No pain here, either. I stopped caring as soon as he retired.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Personal attack? Really? No pain here, either. I stopped caring as soon as he retired.

Yea sure :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • afx237vi
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Oh okay, you got me, I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight. Sigh.
  • afx237vi - This is his big moment. I kind of feel we should let him have it!

This thread could be a disaster or hilarious...
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

:lol: The only person on here that's every really given a monkeys about that steaming turd is you. The rest of us were not so blind.
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi - This is his big moment. I kind of feel we should let him have it!

This thread could be a disaster or hilarious...

I coudlnt give sh*t about LA he has retired and we move on but i must confess i do take some enjoyment from the discomfort that will be felt all through the forum by the so called experts and know alls who predicted the end of LA and his orginisations.It may happen one day but not for a while it would seem.
  • moray_gub
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

:lol:The only person on here that's every really given a monkeys about that steaming turd is you. The rest of us were not so blind.

The bile and vitroil being directed at him would suggest otherwise.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    edited February 2012
    I have a sneaking suspicion the french won't like this decision ................

You gotta hand it to him though ......... chapeau!

He's certainly an escapologist, like he was always in the right place in the peloton, he's manoeuvred his way out of a federal investigation. I say chapeau to him.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Oooh, It's getting fun in the Clinic...(starts on page 1072, 1072!!!)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Would be great to know what they did find, if anything.

Either way.

Would be quite something if they found out Armstrong was leading a one man heroic attempt against all doping in cycling. :lol:
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

:lol:The only person on here that's every really given a monkeys about that steaming turd is you. The rest of us were not so blind.

Do you overexaggerate everything? Nah love, its at least 12 in....
  • Let it be... it is what it is. Yeah, that Clinic, I'm not registered there but it's a kick to read definitely, lurk their some every week and some decent insight for sure.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme-sur-rout ... ong/261010
    I have a sneaking suspicion the french won't like this decision ................

"«Le procureur fédéral André Birotte Jr. a annoncé ce jour que le parquet abandonnait une enquête portant sur des allégations de crime fédéral par des membres et associés d'une équipe cycliste professionnelle en partie détenue par Lance Armstrong»,"

This Andre Birotte (Attorney) must be an American of French ancestry, that's a bit curious.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/c ... index.html Mentioned in this article too.

So, this should bring some finality to this Armstrong affair, after this, I really don't care if Contador gets off totally or slightly, let's get on with the sport. People are divided into camps, Armstrong and Contador and I wanted either both caught or both off the hook. I know some will argue with that but why not? And are the two decisions synchronised with each other?

I had not even heard about this Birotte guy previously.
  • http://www.myvalleynews.com/story/61524/

This Birotte was prosecuting unemployment insurance fraud in the news. Perhaps crime-wise, the Armstrong case is small potatoes.

The following is what Birotte says about people ripping off the unemployment insurance system.
    "Our tax dollars fund benefit programs that provide much-needed payments to qualified Americans who have lost their jobs," said U.S. Attorney Andre Birotte in the Department of Justice's Los Angeles office. "Corrupt public officials and their accomplices who exploit these programs are ripping off taxpayers and compromising programs that are designed to help unemployed people in need."

The above is major crime, the article says one of the guys could be sentenced to over 300 years in prison. Maybe the alleged misdeeds of Armstrong are probably seen as fairly minor, guess that is, but as far as I'm concerned the guy's rep still took some heavy hits. Unless Lance rehabilitates his reputation, just me speaking, I'll never have anything to do with any of his endeavours.

They think it's over! :)
  • moray_gub
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Do you overexaggerate everything? Nah love, its at least 12 in....

I dont think calling it bile and vitroil is far from the mark at all, we even had posters saying things like they wish he had not recovered from cancer . Others flinging all sorts of insults and name calling so no not far from the mark at all. But it was always going to be thus after all he is talented, opionated some would say loud mouthed and most damning for him in here..........American.