How much does your total household bills come to?

124»

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Hey, I'm not criticising. Just that I only once dared to eae more than my Dad. It was his dinner plate see, mother told me to get my dinner from the kitchen. The small plate was too small and so was the medium sized plate, so I picked the large one. That was his. Lovely piece of meat that was, juicy. thick, seasoned well. Mum was furious, Dad, a somewhat shouty man, never said a word he just sat there clicking away at his PC.
    At least you got to it before Goldilocks did
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I went to bed, never more afraid in my life.
    Your own bed I presume. Cos Daddy DDD's would have been too hard, and Mummy DDD's would have been too soft!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,371
    Land Line £18
    TV LICENCE £36
    Home Insurance £61
    SKY DIGITAL £79
    Electricity £80
    Council Tax £83
    Service Charge £221
    Mobile £30

So that's £608 before food, mortgage etc. It's the service charge that cripples me.

I don't want to hear a peep out of any Wandsworth residents! :)
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Monthly bills:

Food: £150

How? That works out as about 80p per meal per person (not including DDD junior). And we've already established you spent more than that on your coley and chips!!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Hey, I'm not criticising. Just that I only once dared to eae more than my Dad. It was his dinner plate see, mother told me to get my dinner from the kitchen. The small plate was too small and so was the medium sized plate, so I picked the large one. That was his. Lovely piece of meat that was, juicy. thick, seasoned well. Mum was furious, Dad, a somewhat shouty man, never said a word he just sat there clicking away at his PC.

Them's the rules I come from.

The lad wouldn't take my food. We usually get given the same amount on a plate and he will go back for more if there is any, whilst I am usually satisfied.
    We went to a birthday do at a pub recently and there was food laid on. The food for the kids was brought out first, burgers and chips. A while later the proper food for grown ups was brought out. After people had eaten I asked the boy if he wanted anything. He told me he was ok as he'd had 4 plates of burgers with chips. 5 minutes later he walked past me with a chicken and ham pie.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,371
    Veronese68 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Them's the rules I come from.

The lad wouldn't take my food. We usually get given the same amount on a plate and he will go back for more if there is any, whilst I am usually satisfied.
    We went to a birthday do at a pub recently and there was food laid on. The food for the kids was brought out first, burgers and chips. A while later the proper food for grown ups was brought out. After people had eaten I asked the boy if he wanted anything. He told me he was ok as he'd had 4 plates of burgers with chips. 5 minutes later he walked past me with a chicken and ham pie.

A lad after my own heart. Mrs RJS describes me and my two brothers as 'the locusts'. Food bill for le famille RJS is about £400 a month.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • squeeler
    squeeler Posts: 144
    Some very frugal sorts in this thread, I do £200+ /month on groceries (not inc. booze) on my own!
    Other main bills are:
    Gas /Electric £141
    council tax £146
    TV / Internet / phone approx. £60
    Added to that insurances, transport, road and mtb bikes, gym costs, pension contributions, water etc it all mounts up.
    What you spend is all about what is important to you in your chosen lifestyle. I would not like to live in a small cheap flat but I am happy to drive a 13yr old heap of a car. I would not have just beans on toast...ever! at least bung a few sausages, eggs and bacons in too, life's too short.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Paulie W wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Monthly bills:

How? That works out as about 80p per meal per person (not including DDD junior). And we've already established you spent more than that on your coley and chips!!
    There's a thread/forum on money saving expert that gives all kinds of food cost saving and cheaper dinner advice.

I'll freely admit I'm not entirely sure how Ms DDD does it.

Or if it will be sustainable over the year. I have my doubts.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    as there is no definition of what bills are to be included, it is impossible to make a comparison
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Monthly bills:

There's a thread/forum on money saving expert that gives all kinds of food cost saving and cheaper dinner advice.

Shoplifting.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    rjsterry wrote:
    A lad after my own heart. Mrs RJS describes me and my two brothers as 'the locusts'. Food bill for le famille RJS is about £400 a month.
    Remind me not to invite you over for dinner. Not that you'd be bad company, I just couldn't afford to feed more than 1 mouth like that.
    We do about that on food, we need to buy a bigger fridge. The current one seems to have a leak, food keeps disappearing.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,341
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Paulie W wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Monthly bills:

This is an often repeated thread. The only conclusion being that DDD has a very loose grasp of numbers.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    ^^Effing lil toe rag^^

Aim for £2 dinners

30/31 days a month x 2(£) = £60/£62

The rest (£90/£88) is used for the essentials, bread, butter herbs, tinned food, poridge, honey, fruit.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What on earth are some of you people eating?!
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    our gas, electric, council tax, water plus food comes in around £800 per month
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    well I know our food bill is £100+ per week, not sure how much as we buy the essentials in Sainsburys but then buy other stuff online in bulk and in local health food shop. Also as we buy wine, cleaning products etc during the shop one would need to go through the bill item by item to get a proper estimate. We do have a teenage boy to feed (like pandas and lions all they want to do is eat and sleep) and a 10 year old girl. The food includes 'luxury' items like innocent smoothies which is a great way to get your children to have fruit, also organic milk.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    The paperwork for this stuff goes in the drawer marked "The Ghastly Truths". I try not to go in there because it upsets me.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    cjcp wrote:
    The paperwork for this stuff goes in the drawer marked "The Ghastly Truths". I try not to go in there because it upsets me.
    Along with the S5 bill and upcoming new groupset?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • hmbadger
    hmbadger Posts: 181
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Hmm - good question:

Gas + Electric: £140
    Insurances: £150
    Dog: £130 (yes £130 for dog walking)

Good to see someone else owning up to spending a fortune on the b***** dog. We spend at least that. It's a poodle and has a rather delicate stomach - which seems to mean that the food he needs costs more than what some on here spend. And he goes to a dog creche 2 days a week. I kid you not.

Of course I'd spend double if I needed to.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    cjcp wrote:

+1 much the same for me, I avoid looking at my balance until I have too, that said my plan for 2012 is zero loans and take a masshoof bite out of the mortgage thanks to the sale of our London flat.

Then I can spend even more on food & drink win win
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.