Would you like some salt for that chip, sweetcheeks?

Ben6899
Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
I'm not sure. Part of me thinks "Chapeau!" but a much larger part of me thinks she should get over herself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-16604050

Apologies if a thread already exists on this topic, but I couldn't see one.
Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/

Comments

• W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Ben6899 wrote:
    I'm not sure. Part of me thinks "Chapeau!" but a much larger part of me thinks she should get over herself.

She's unemployable now, and no uni will touch her.

Very clever.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    W1 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Very clever.

Yes, yes. Mustn't cheek your betters.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    W1 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Very clever.

Why is that? She's just a young girl who isn't quite as "clever" as she thinks she is. Any university / future employer who can't see that and judge her on what potential she may or may not have is pretty stupid.
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    I shall be writing a rejection to Team Britain saying that I cannot represent that nation this summer (too busy), does that too get BBC coverage?
  • Tw@

the girl, that is
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Is there no room for a little humour these days? :|

Good on her.

At least it wasn't in txt spk which already makes her more employable than most.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    It's not particulalrly funny or clever IMHO....it's kinda dickish.....

Now, If she had an interview at Oxbridge and only answered questions through the medium of a sock puppet, I would have been impressed......
  • W1
    BigMat wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Very clever.

Why is that? She's just a young girl who isn't quite as "clever" as she thinks she is. Any university / future employer who can't see that and judge her on what potential she may or may not have is pretty stupid.
    Would you employ her, knowing that she's an immature, petulent, chippy, not-funnny moaner? I wouldn't. She'd be bleating about "tribunals" within ten seconds and would be a royal pain in relation to just about everything. Not to mention that she has a stupid hat.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    W1 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Very clever.

Would you employ her, knowing that she's an immature, petulent, chippy, not-funnny moaner? I wouldn't. She'd be bleating about "tribunals" within ten seconds and would be a royal pain in relation to just about everything. Not to mention that she has a stupid hat.

Well - that's just stopped any teenager getting a job.....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    She just seems a bit naive, and trying desperately to make her point heard against the injustice of the big bad world. I doubt anyone will take it that seriously, Oxford certainly won't miss her as a student, and it will be forgotten by term time.

More pertinently, WTF is she wearing? I think she's working hard to live up to her own worthy stereotype.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641

Never mind that...

Would you?

_57948764_oxford008.jpg
  • gtvlusso
    Perhaps the world owes her a uni place and a living.....maybe she is the messiah?
  • Monkeypump
    W1 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Very clever.

And I'm f*cked, for reasons of ridiculous headwear alone.
  • gtvlusso

Never mind that...

Would you?

_57948764_oxford008.jpg

I need a rear view on this one......
  • clarkey cat
    I would.

But only if she did the thumbs up pose afterwards.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    iPete wrote:
    Is there no room for a little humour these days? :|

Good on her.

At least it wasn't in txt spk which already makes her more employable than most.

Oh there's plenty of "room for a little humour these days", but I can't do with smart-arsed little fuckers. Good on her for realising it's not all about Oxbridge, but getting all chippy about it makes her look like a tw@.

I won't be reading her blog about her gap year trekking in India...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • gtvlusso
    I would.

But only if she did the thumbs up pose afterwards.

Just spat an orange segment out......bugger...

:-):-)
  • W1

Never mind that...

Would you?

_57948764_oxford008.jpg
    Not even with yours.

You know what these craaaazzzyy hippy contrarian radicals can be like. Very "natural".
  • W1
    W1 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Very clever.

Only if they're stupid enough to write a not-funny, not-clever, not-impressive letter which goes viral.

She'll be googled for every application, they'll realise she's one of those moany types, and bin her CV.
  • clarkey cat
    You know what these craaaazzzyy hippy contrarian radicals can be like. Very "natural".

Works for me - I'd even let her put a Jack Johnson CD on.

I'd draw the line at joss sticks.

Possibly.
  • W1
    Monkeypump wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Very clever.

You don't have a doofus hat do you?
  • W1

Works for me - I'd even let her put a Jack Johnson CD on.

I'd draw the line at joss sticks.

Possibly.
    Slipping standards - you must be as old as the Gregs.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    W1 wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Very clever.

Only if they're stupid enough to write a not-funny, not-clever, not-impressive letter which goes viral.

She'll be googled for every application, they'll realise she's one of those moany types, and bin her CV.

You know, you are a really depressing person! Do you find any joy in life or is it all just sh!t? Just as well you are anonymous here or any Google search by a prospective future employer would find you to be one of those moany types and they'd bin your CV :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • W1
    Rolf F wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Very clever.

You know, you are a really depressing person! Do you find any joy in life or is it all just sh!t? Just as well you are anonymous here or any Google search by a prospective future employer would find you to be one of those moany types and they'd bin your CV :wink:
    You give her a job then and see how you get on. Maybe she'd write a rejection letter to you first, and you can think how clever that is!

I only complain about lefties - she's one. Otherwise I'm a happy bunny.
  • leodis75
    leodis75 Posts: 184
    So thats 1,000,001 then.

I would only if she kept the hat on!!
  • Monkeypump
    W1 wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    BigMat wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Very clever.

You don't have a doofus hat do you?

No - pirate, cowboy, bobble, bowler, top and others. And that's without the bike gear...
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    My theory is she balls up her interview and thougt it would be mildly funny to jump before she was pushed.

Whatever she's a muppet. A university application process isn't something to be titting around in.

be interesting to see if somewhere second rate like Cambridge offers her a place on the back of this stunt.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • clarkey cat
    Slipping standards - you must be as old as the Gregs.

married with child.

a cheeky little 19 year old fresh off a Gap yar... well, yes please!!!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,372
    W1 wrote:

Mwahahahahahahah.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • W1
    rjsterry wrote:
    W1 wrote:

Mwahahahahahahah.
    You see? I've even made you happy grandpa.