Chain Reaction Cycles - Your Honest Opinion

Comments

• andymc06
    andymc06 Posts: 245
    deadkenny wrote:
    Some of you seem to also forget that they use royal mail so don't be surprised that it takes time to arrive
    It's never been Royal Mail at fault with my orders from them. Always been the length of time they take to actually dispatch combined with the hop over from N.Ireland.

I don't understand how people manage to get theirs next day from CRC unless they live in N.Ireland/Ireland and are getting preferential treatment from the staff at CRC who actually do what they claim to do and push the thing out the door same day.

^^^^^Agree. None of my issues have been down to postage. It is showing things in stock which are not and slow dispatch times. The item I had issues with is still shown as in stock in both sizes!!!
    If at first you don't succeed, spend some more money on kit!

Giant Trance X3 2011
  • andymc06
    andymc06 Posts: 245
    However 99% of the time they have been very good.
    If at first you don't succeed, spend some more money on kit!

Giant Trance X3 2011
  • Growmac
    Growmac Posts: 117
    Ordered four sets of brake pads and a pair of pedals on Tues eve late. Arrived today. They've never messed up an order for me in two years of using them.
    1994 Clark Kent F12; 2004 Mount Vision; 2011 Canyon AM 7, 2012 Canyon Torque FRX 6, a unicycle and a Brompton.
  • Went to their showroom in Ballyclare, N.Ireland. As a novice, I know next to nothing about biking. They tried to be helpful but their staff were generally very young and not great at explaining things. I selected a bike and told them I'd pick it up the next week. When I went to pick it up they had it, but it hadn't been set up properly or been safety checked. So it was a total waste of a trip as I had to return the following week!! In fairness they suggested that they'd send the bike to their belfast store to save me the trip. However, when I rang the belfast store to see if it had arrived they told me such a transfer would be impossible????? Then when I went back to the original store to collect the bike, the gears weren't set up properly and I had to wait for that to be fixed....

Got a decent deal on the bike and love it to bits so far so that's made up for the bad experience. i would probably try and buy the bike from someone else next time if I could match the price.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    starting to get some better service again. both recent orders arrived 2 days after ordering
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    deadkenny wrote:
    I don't understand how people manage to get theirs next day from CRC unless they live in N.Ireland/Ireland and are getting preferential treatment from the staff at CRC who actually do what they claim to do and push the thing out the door same day.

Two days is my usual experience, on the "free" delivery option. That's still pretty good IMO.
  • Ordered items on 28 dec, still no sign of them or replies to emails requesting an update. Pretty disappointing, but I have had good service in the past and I accept that things go wrong from time to time.
  • mercedism
    mercedism Posts: 102
    1 order, 1 quick delivery.

I got to start somewhere. Based on that i have just ordered something else.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Many orders, never had an issue. Always received within two days.

Also had cause to speak to their guys regarding some tech queries and found them very knowledgeable and helpful.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Ordered items on 28 dec, still no sign of them or replies to emails requesting an update. Pretty disappointing, but I have had good service in the past and I accept that things go wrong from time to time.

Update on this, I checked my order earlier and it was still processing. Clicked on one item (DMR Vaults) to find they are now out of stock. Decided to ring them and it turns out they've lost them in the warehouse, they aren't where they're supposed to be! Because of this, the rest of my order won't be dispatched so I've had to cancel the Vaults and get them from elsewhere.

I'm sure 99% of orders are dealt with quickly, but it shouldn't have taken me ringing them to get to this stage. Probably won't stop me buying from them in the future though!!
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    Clicked on one item (DMR Vaults) to find they are now out of stock. Decided to ring them and it turns out they've lost them in the warehouse, they aren't where they're supposed to be! Because of this, the rest of my order won't be dispatched so I've had to cancel the Vaults and get them from elsewhere.

lucky escape, £80 quid for a pair of pedals... :lol:
  • Japwig
    Japwig Posts: 1
    I have emailed them twice regarding a couple of different issues/questions but never received a reply ! i have decided if they can't reply why should I buy from them again so have stopped using them !

I dont know how if you need to talk about a problem with a product you have purchased you can contact them !

Despite internet trading I feel communication needs to be talkin to a human being sometimes just to resolve things !
  • tsenior wrote:
    Clicked on one item (DMR Vaults) to find they are now out of stock. Decided to ring them and it turns out they've lost them in the warehouse, they aren't where they're supposed to be! Because of this, the rest of my order won't be dispatched so I've had to cancel the Vaults and get them from elsewhere.

lucky escape, £80 quid for a pair of pedals... :lol:

Got vouchers for xmas, you gotta treat yourself from time to time! :)
  • DTW
    DTW Posts: 82
    I solely use Chain Reaction and I have never had a problem. That's not to say I never will, but so far so good.

I think everywhere has their ups and downs, if a company starts getting sloppy with a large volume of people on a regular basis then you know they are taking a dive due to bad managment etc, but I personally believe every online shop will have their moments.
    If it aint broke, dont fix it. Wait, there's 1 exception...unless it can be pimped up in anyway.
  • I have yet to use CRC, but I can say that Evans are pretty damn good! I recently purchased a bike from them and found it £300 cheaper in another store, they say that they do a price match, but only to selected stores, guess what they didn't price match the store where the bike was £300 cheaper! However a trip to my local branch and a few words with the manager I came away with the bike (not priced matched) but with £300 of stock to cover the difference! There was than an issue with the delivery and a £20 gift voucher was sent in the post, bike finally arrived with a scratch on the rear (hardly noticable) took it back to the shop and agreed on a refund of £200.....so my point is...complain......it will get you what you want, stores like reputation and will try to keep you happy to insure that you spread the good word about them! I have ordered a lot through Evans and other than this, I have never had a problem, quick to dispatch and quick to arrive!............. I will use CRC and report my personal findings!
    Ghost AMR 5900
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    Their packaging is ridiculous, I just had to pick up a "large package" from the post office because it wouldn't fit in my mail slot, turned out to be 3 powerlinks. WTF! I'll post up a couple of the pics, you wouldn't believe it.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    agg25 wrote:
    Their packaging is ridiculous, I just had to pick up a "large package" from the post office because it wouldn't fit in my mail slot, turned out to be 3 powerlinks. WTF! I'll post up a couple of the pics, you wouldn't believe it.

No need, most of us here have experienced the packaging.
  • cpk1
    cpk1 Posts: 175
    Iv ordered quite a few times never had any probs always fast delivery and correct item.
    Trail bike: Kona Coiler 06, Rockshox domain 318is, juicy 7s, sun rims s-type.
    Commute bike: Dawes Watoga.
  • Never had a problem with them myself. Bought a pair of Sunline V1's last night with my xmas vouchers and have been dispatched first thing this morning. Should be here in time for the weekend.
  • nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    lately they have dipped in their performance
    perhaps they are getting too big?

i ordered some spokes 2 different lengths, after 4-5days they weren't dispatched and after talking to customer services they weren't in any hurry to dispatch an order that required picking as such, cancelled the order and used lbs

i ordered some gloves, cables and ends over a week ago and still processing, i emailled yesterday and have yet to have a response!

also their "sale prices" concern me before christmas i ordered a crank bros iodine head set for £20, all turned up no worries. went back to recommend to a friend and it has gone up to £54 although they are saying it is 53% off from £119.
    i challenged them on it and they pretty much said, thats life, terrible!

watch your step with them i say
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    nwmlarge wrote:
    also their "sale prices" concern me before christmas i ordered a crank bros iodine head set for £20, all turned up no worries. went back to recommend to a friend and it has gone up to £54 although they are saying it is 53% off from £119.
    i challenged them on it and they pretty much said, thats life, terrible!

watch your step with them i say
    That's life.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • DTW
    wow, some people do moan about anything.
    If it aint broke, dont fix it. Wait, there's 1 exception...unless it can be pimped up in anyway.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Always good service. Get stuff usually within 7 days of placing an order and pick up some amazing bargains - last order was a £180 Urge full face helmet that I got for £50 - delivered free to France! sweet
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    DTW wrote:
    It's the British thing to do. It's either this or the weather.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    deadkenny wrote:
    DTW wrote:
    It's the British thing to do. It's either this or the weather.
    I thought that was moaning ABOUT the weather.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • DTW
    Ordered 2 dual ply tyres last week when I meant to order single ply.

I re-ordered the single ply tyres and sent back the dual ply. Received the new order on Wednesday and popped the other tyres back in the post (Collect + service is sooooo handy) and I've got my refund already.

That's definitely got to be over 20 orders by now and so far everything has been great.
  • I live in Austria, and despite the packaging being sometimes a bit weird, i've only had good service from them. I find that waiting for replies to emails- no matter what the company is, is just rediculous. How about instead of sending an email off, and then complaining when you havn't gotten one back as soon as you like, you call? I call from Austria, which costs 45 cents a minute, so you guys in the UK have no recourse for complaining for not calling.

You gotta remember companies of that size get thousands of emails a day, with half of them needing to be checked on. I highly doubt yours is going to automatically jump to the top of the list about powerlinks or something.
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    No problems with CRC here, they are awesome.. My only gripe is alot of stuff is out of stock...
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Not all companies will answer the phone, or even advertise a phone option. Then you get strange people with foreign accents talking to you :D
  • chris389
    chris389 Posts: 3
    I bought a Giro Atmos helmet from CRC.
    It was bought in November 2012 but due to bad weather etc I only used it 5 times.
    I have decided to cycle to work and have entered a couple of sportives in the next few weeks.
    The shell of the helmet is coming away so sent the helmet back to them.
    It took a week for them to even look at it and then sent an email saying it would be sent off but would be at least 3 weeks before i get a reply back.
    This can't be right.
    I have used CRC to buy all my gear off them but it's left a real bad taste.