Chain Reaction Cycles - Your Honest Opinion

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    gazhurst wrote:
    I was told that they just werent ready for the amount of orders they have had
    Good grief! Someone should buy them a calendar.
  • KevUK
    KevUK Posts: 111
    Always been fine here, most of all my orders had been placed and dispatched the same day and arrived the very next day, a couple of times usually after a weekend sale or whatever it took 2 days for them to process but thats understandable. Overall quite happy. I do usually select the more expensive delivery option, no idea if that helps or not.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    squired wrote:
    Presumably they take on extra staff for the Christmas period who probably have a limited understanding of bikes and bike equipment. I can imagine a person who knows nothing about cycling wandering round a massive warehouse not having a clue what the thing he is supposed to be finding actually is.

Doesn't matter if they know about cycling or not. CRC's warehouse is organised like any high volume warehouse, with a stock number system. So your XTR mech will be on isle 5, shelf 6 bin 7. I'm sure their Christmas Temps are the same staff that take nearly a week to pack my order in the middle of summer!
  • dsmiff
    dsmiff Posts: 741
    Over 50 orders in the last 4 years never had a problem before in fact they have always been my first choice, but the last few months I've been onto them almost every week with various issues with orders.

Just had an email that my latest order from the 16th is part disptached (both items showing as in stock), not best pleased.

I don't think this is total down to christmas other that it's highlighting issues they obviously have, the website even says they are posting upto the 23rd to ensure your delivery arrives on-time.

Maybe they are becoming the Ryan Air of the cycling world?? Come on Chainreaction you used to be great!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/dnsmiff
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    Since 2005 I have placed the following web orders with CRC and have only ever had two issues, the first was a crud catcher that went missing in the post and the second a pair of shorts that arrived a day late, both issues where resolved quickly.

<INRATS>
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    To summarize ordered lots minimal problems. Don't they teach you that at school.
    Heaven help the cut and paste generation.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    +1 to that ^^

I almost wore the roller out on my mouse
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • dsmiff
    OK I think most of us have had nothing but exemptalary service from Chainreaction, however the last couple of months have not been up to their usual standards.

As I said over 50 orders in the last few years and it is only in the last few months that i have had any reason to contact them on almost every order.

Pretty sure it's just a glitch, maybe a new computer system or something but I think there are having problems with the warehouse!
  • Anonymous
    Can we still blame Wiggle anyway?
  • Well its now a week since I placed the order and I STILL havent had it. As of yesterday morning it was still showing processing, even though I was told it would be dispatched over the weekend. I called them yesterday and the lady I spoke to confirmed that the order was still in the warehouse and she could see no reason why it hadnt gone out. She told me she would investigate and call me back. That was at 10am and by 1pm I still hadnt heard anything so called back. This time I was told my order had indeed been dispatched that morning. After a bit of moaning once again and pointing out that this was the second time in2 orders that I'd had poor service I was told that the issues they're having are due to the unexpected success their money off/voucher offers have had. I cant help thinking that they cant be naive enough to think that offers such as a £50 voucher with an order over £100 wouldnt be a mega hit this close to xmas.

Extremely poor service from a hugely popular company as far as i'm concerned
  • I bought my bike from CRC, reduced from rrp £899 to £749. I was very happy with that, however within a couple of weeks it was reduced further to £599 and the next model up from mine was down from £1099 to £699. What a stinker!

So, I sent off an email stating that although I understand offers come and go, and some people gain whereas others lose out, I was still a bit disappointed, so they sent me £50 worth of vouchers! I think that's fair enough meself.

Ordered plenty more bits and bobs from them and never had any trouble and I'll definitely continue to use them.
  • gazhurst wrote:
    Well its now a week since I placed the order and I STILL havent had it. As of yesterday morning it was still showing processing, even though I was told it would be dispatched over the weekend. I called them yesterday and the lady I spoke to confirmed that the order was still in the warehouse and she could see no reason why it hadnt gone out. She told me she would investigate and call me back. That was at 10am and by 1pm I still hadnt heard anything so called back. This time I was told my order had indeed been dispatched that morning. After a bit of moaning once again and pointing out that this was the second time in2 orders that I'd had poor service I was told that the issues they're having are due to the unexpected success their money off/voucher offers have had. I cant help thinking that they cant be naive enough to think that offers such as a £50 voucher with an order over £100 wouldnt be a mega hit this close to xmas.

Extremely poor service from a hugely popular company as far as i'm concerned

I ordered some bit 4 days ago and paid for next day delivery still not here!!! The website's showing my Order as still Processing! E mailed them 3 times STILL no reply!!!! :evil: Ordered something from Wiggle 3 days ago with standard Free delivery and it came today. After this order with Chainreaction I'll be stay well away, this isn't the first time they've done this.Very very poor custumer service as far as I'm concerned
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I suggest a strongly worded letter to The Times. CRC are probably secret bankers. From North Korea.
    I blame Wiggle.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • dsmiff
    Just looked on their facebook page, makes for very uncomfortable reading.
  • 3 Places I have never had an issue with:

CRC
    Wiggle
    Merlin

In that order I would rate them. I have had wrong orders from all three over the years, all sorted really quickly.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    squired wrote:
    Presumably they take on extra staff for the Christmas period who probably have a limited understanding of bikes and bike equipment. I can imagine a person who knows nothing about cycling wandering round a massive warehouse not having a clue what the thing he is supposed to be finding actually is.

They do. I worked there,although not at christmas :lol:
  • gregwari
    gregwari Posts: 230
    Always had good service from CRC, only online service I've ever had problems with was Evans... and more than once.
  • +1 to that ^^

+ 1 more
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675

Well now what's the point in being a mod if you can't abuse it from time to time.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Placed an order two nights ago (late) and it arrived this morning. Could not ask for more and this reflects my experience of CRC. No complaints in two years. Sorry to disappoint but in my experience they haven't. Does Wiggle currently sell anything for less than anyone else?
  • Well I can only say my experience is excellent - I placed an order boxing day yes boxing day night at around 11pm whilst on a break at work, it asked for a tel number but my pc crashed - I emailed them to advise of this - they answered on e back in work and he parcel arrived intact the day after they reopened , that to me is excellent service end of , but like most I'm sure they have bad days, but it's always the complaints you hear about not the everything was perfect - will I use them again yes without doubt - will they get it right hopefully will they get it wrong possibly but hey shit happens its when it's wrong you see the true colours and there only human
    live, ride, survive

2012 Nightrod Special Race tuned
    Cotic Bfe
    SYLO
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    they have always been good for me, I only ever bother with their free delivery and a lot of the time that is next day. They are generally near the cheapest end of the market as well. I have had to return things to them in the past, they were fine about that although it did take a little time, that is to be expected though.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • I ordered a couple of bits on boxing day and Im still waiting for them. To be fair its only really been about 4 working days since due to all the holidays and I selected free delivery. They are usually pretty good at getting stuff out on time to me.

My only worry is that one of the items I ordered isnt on the site anymore.
  • andymc06
    andymc06 Posts: 245
    I have always found them to be very good, particularly on returns and refunds.

However, I placed a £200 order using my gift vouchers on xmas day and it is still shown as processing! I rang them yesterday and they said they would escalate my order. Still shown processing.

I wouldn't mind but I have ordered items from Edinburgh Cycles on the 26th and Amazon and I have received them already.

Taking the excitement out of getting my new kit!!!
    If at first you don't succeed, spend some more money on kit!

Giant Trance X3 2011
  • Placed an order for some tyre levers,a puncture repiar kit,some chain links and a couple of tubes,just before xmas,think it was the 22nd.
    Got an email from them on the 28th to say that the order was not complete due to unavailability of the puncture repair kit.
    Order was despatched on the 29th and received on the 30th without the repair kit and with an apology for it not being in stock, a credi to the value of the repair kit and a £5 off my next order credit due to my "inconvenience".This was all done proactively and without me complaining.
    I thought that was pretty fair ,and good customer service and I`ve just used the £5 off to order an Endura FS260 jacket which was already nicely priced in their sale at £42 meaning I get i for £37 which is a pretty healthy saving on its £60rrp.

No complaint here! :)
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    Nothing but positive experiences, personally. I've bought a lot of stuff from there.

Only one order I can remember that was got wrong, where I got sent a completely random pair of (wrong size, natch) £200 carbon fibre MTB shoes, instead of an inner tube or something equally inexpensive. C'est la vie.

I'm eagerly awaiting the day when my order for chain lube gets mixed up with a rockshox boxxer.
  • andymc06
    andymc06 Posts: 245
    UPDATE.

After two calls and an e-mail to customer services it transpires that the fox launch pro knee pads are not in stock as shown and they will not be getting anymore.
    However, they have very kindly refunded me and given me a £10 gift voucher for the inconvenience. Order now being sorted and in my opinion CRC have redeemed themselves.
    If at first you don't succeed, spend some more money on kit!

Giant Trance X3 2011
  • Had an issue with them over some forks, ordered 66 evo RC3's and they were due in stock but the I got an email saying they weren't coming in.

Swiftly changed to Domain RC and got £40 back.

Problem now is they did the order change internally so I have no tracking stuff in my account online, and I don't know if they've been sent yet!

Need to follow up with another email! lol!

They have been very good so far though, and very swift with their emails! Even got a response through twitter!!
  • CRC has always been great,ordered stuff at 1 Pm yesterday arrived this morning at 11 so under 24 hours.
    Some of you seem to also forget that they use royal mail so don't be surprised that it takes time to arrive
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • Anonymous
    Some of you seem to also forget that they use royal mail so don't be surprised that it takes time to arrive
    It's never been Royal Mail at fault with my orders from them. Always been the length of time they take to actually dispatch combined with the hop over from N.Ireland.

I don't understand how people manage to get theirs next day from CRC unless they live in N.Ireland/Ireland and are getting preferential treatment from the staff at CRC who actually do what they claim to do and push the thing out the door same day.