Worst comedians/comedy characters?

Comments

• John Kline wrote:
    Biffz0id wrote:
    Miranda Hart is awful and for some reason I despise Chris Addison.

Yes. She has NEVER said or done one thing even remotely funny. she's just crap. Don't find that whiny Geordie lass funny either. Forget her name.
    lemoncurd wrote:
    Jimmy Carr

Ooh him as well. What a tosser. I'd like to smack him in the gob.

^^Sarah Milliken - has to always mention cake and her underwear. Two lines don't make a career love (unless you're Lindsay Lohan)

Jimmy Carr - Alan Carr - Jo Brand - Jack Dee - Rufus Hound - Andy Parsons all awful

Michael Mc'Intyre,Dara Obriain and Bill Bailey anyday (I have tickets to see them live :D)

@John Kline - you mean Milton Jones? (very dry obvious wit,wears the hawaiian shirts?)
    No T.M.H.N.E.T. I didn't mean him. The guy i'm thinking of has longish dark curly hair, normally wears a white T-shirt. Looks like he comes from Essex.

Mickey Flanagan. funny as getting a kick in the b****cks.

James corden, ricky gervais, Michael macintyre, gina yashere & al murray. all tosh.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    ddraver wrote:
    lemoncurd wrote:
    Because people's taste differs this may as well be a list of all comedians and comedy characters.
    I'm bored and have just read the thread from the start - I can't think of a single comedian that has nt been mentioned! Comedy appears to be a very personal thing....

Appropriately, no one has yet mentioned Stuart Lee.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Oh God Yes. Stuart Lee. A superior humour that only Guardianistas are intelligent enough to understand.
  • john_kline
    john_kline Posts: 2,151
    John Kline wrote:
    Biffz0id wrote:
    Miranda Hart is awful and for some reason I despise Chris Addison.

Yes. She has NEVER said or done one thing even remotely funny. she's just crap. Don't find that whiny Geordie lass funny either. Forget her name.
    lemoncurd wrote:
    Jimmy Carr

Ooh him as well. What a tosser. I'd like to smack him in the gob.

^^Sarah Milliken - has to always mention cake and her underwear. Two lines don't make a career love (unless you're Lindsay Lohan)

Jimmy Carr - Alan Carr - Jo Brand - Jack Dee - Rufus Hound - Andy Parsons all awful

Michael Mc'Intyre,Dara Obriain and Bill Bailey anyday (I have tickets to see them live :D)

@John Kline - you mean Milton Jones? (very dry obvious wit,wears the hawaiian shirts?)
    No T.M.H.N.E.T. I didn't mean him. The guy i'm thinking of has longish dark curly hair, normally wears a white T-shirt. Looks like he comes from Essex.

Mickey Flanagan. funny as getting a kick in the b****cks.

James corden, ricky gervais, Michael macintyre, gina yashere & al murray. all tosh.[/quote
    Yeah Mickey Flanagan that's him. What a complete nobber
  • Genau
    Genau Posts: 12
    Page 4 and no-one has mentioned the monumentally unfunny Marcus Brigstocke? The patron saint of that breed of inexplicably sucessful non-comedians.

Good connections? Willing to spout the appropriate group-think? Here you go, a slot on every fricking panel game the BBC shove out. You'll never have to earn an honest living again.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Jim Davidson.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Mark Lawrenson
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    I'm supprised by the nominations for Russell Brand only because I never realised he was a comedian!
    Ricky Gervais has become the man he invented
    Walliams and Co have lost the impact and novelty that they had
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    markos1963 wrote:
    Walliams and Co have lost the impact and novelty that they had

Little Britain was funny for 1 episode, but unlike the Fast Show they just couldn't come up with anything fresh for their characters.
  • James Corden
    Dawn French
    Most female comedians (sorry girls, but it's true ....)
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    edited October 2011
    Rubbish = Harry Hill. Fact
    Funny = Chris Rock. IMO. (He's American, and some of his stuff may
    offend

make white people feel uncomfortable).
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Just wanna hit Lenny Henry, oh and Frankie ugly Boyle, and that Sarah Millican bird is just rubbish. Also bloody Rusell Brand. Toss. Bloody Ricky Jervais - does he actually believe he's funny? Really? Carl Pilkington is better, love his direct little comments.

Love Larry David and Tommy Cooper.
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    Seeing as comedy is subjective, and I find some of the mentioned "unfunny" comedians funny, and some of the unfunny ones funny, I won't comment. However, here's a rather politically incorrect video of one of my heroes, Christopher Hitchins (not a comedian, but often very funny), explaining why women aren't funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7izJggqCoA
  • I've seen mention of Little Britain but what is worse is the pair of them re-inventing the concept as Come Fly With Me. That is even true tish.

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • Genau wrote:
    Page 4 and no-one has mentioned the monumentally unfunny Marcus Brigstocke? The patron saint of that breed of inexplicably sucessful non-comedians.

Good connections? Willing to spout the appropriate group-think? Here you go, a slot on every fricking panel game the BBC shove out. You'll never have to earn an honest living again.

Ahhhhhh totally agree, I'd forgotten about him. He does kids programmes now. I mean how easy is it to make a kid laugh....well if you're brigstocke very very very (x100)hard.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Just remembered another one....

Jack Whitehall :evil:

Arrghhh!!!! Hate that twat!!!
  • Rigga wrote:

Arrghhh!!!! Hate that fool!!!

Only there because of his dad - BBC casting agent.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Looks like there is a consensus forming that James Cordon is awful...
  • rodgers73 wrote:
    Looks like there is a consensus forming that James Cordon is awful...

Yes, that's right!

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • rick_chasey
    Roy 'Chubby'Brown
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Dara O Briain and Chris Addison - Mock the Week has become the comedy equivalent of these two wanking each other off.
    Russell Brand - oh how terribly shocking you aren't.
    Chubby Brown - not big and not funny
    Jonathon Ross (not a comedian but thinks he is funny) - smugness personified - my 9 year old son is less juvenile.

I have no idea if James Corden is funny as the only things I've seen him do are the England football rant and his spat with the Star Trek guy.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • rick_chasey
    Corden co-wrote Gavin and Stacey, which was excellent.
  • James Corden. Fat smug w@nker.
    Women don't count as no one really expects them to be funny so we shouldn't be too hard on the ones who try. Except Jo Brand. And Joan Rivers.
    Seems like everyone likes Jack Dee (I do) as he hasn't been mentioned at all.
    Russell Brand - I'm not sure if he's a comedian but he's definitely a massive c~nt
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023

Writing a sit-com though is different to being a comedian or a character.
  • rick_chasey

I know, but he's getting a lot of sh!t but he was excellent in G&S, not just in writing it, but also as Smiffy.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724

I know, but he's getting a lot of sh!t but he was excellent in G&S, not just in writing it, but also as Smiffy.

Problem is James Cordon is Smiffy, can't be anything else so it gets boring
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Rigga wrote:

Arrghhh!!!! Hate that fool!!!

Only there because of his dad - BBC casting agent.

Didn't know that - you learn something new every day. Whitehall's a posh, obnoxious turd. And an unfunny one at that.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal