Worst comedians/comedy characters?

Comments

• t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Biffz0id wrote:
    Miranda Hart is awful and for some reason I despise Chris Addison.

Yes. She has NEVER said or done one thing even remotely funny. she's just crap. Don't find that whiny Geordie lass funny either. Forget her name.
    lemoncurd wrote:
    Jimmy Carr

Ooh him as well. What a tosser. I'd like to smack him in the gob.

^^Sarah Milliken - has to always mention cake and her underwear. Two lines don't make a career love (unless you're Lindsay Lohan)

Jimmy Carr - Alan Carr - Jo Brand - Jack Dee - Rufus Hound - Andy Parsons all awful

Michael Mc'Intyre,Dara Obriain and Bill Bailey anyday (I have tickets to see them live :D)

@John Kline - you mean Milton Jones? (very dry obvious wit,wears the hawaiian shirts?)
  • john_kline
    john_kline Posts: 2,151
    Biffz0id wrote:
    Miranda Hart is awful and for some reason I despise Chris Addison.

Yes. She has NEVER said or done one thing even remotely funny. she's just crap. Don't find that whiny Geordie lass funny either. Forget her name.
    lemoncurd wrote:
    Jimmy Carr

Ooh him as well. What a tosser. I'd like to smack him in the gob.

^^Sarah Milliken - has to always mention cake and her underwear. Two lines don't make a career love (unless you're Lindsay Lohan)

Jimmy Carr - Alan Carr - Jo Brand - Jack Dee - Rufus Hound - Andy Parsons all awful

Michael Mc'Intyre,Dara Obriain and Bill Bailey anyday (I have tickets to see them live :D)

@John Kline - you mean Milton Jones? (very dry obvious wit,wears the hawaiian shirts?)
    No T.M.H.N.E.T. I didn't mean him. The guy i'm thinking of has longish dark curly hair, normally wears a white T-shirt. Looks like he comes from Essex.
  • For a Scottish boy, growing up in the late 70's with parents and relatives from the West Coast, Billy Connolly was the bollox. He was even great into the 80's, but yes, he has become toatally sh1te now.

I guess you just wouldn't get it if you were a soft southern la-dee-da quoting your Monty Python ;-)
  • john_kline
    john_kline Posts: 2,151
    For a Scottish boy, growing up in the late 70's with parents and relatives from the West Coast, Billy Connolly was the bollox. He was even great into the 80's, but yes, he has become toatally sh1te now.

I guess you just wouldn't get it if you were a soft southern la-dee-da quoting your Monty Python ;-)

+1 Also, whatever happened to Gerry Sadowitz. He was brilliant. Made Frankie Boyle look like a rather well behaved Vicar.
  • andy_f
    andy_f Posts: 474
    Chubby Brown - diabolical

Simple joke(no offence to our celtic brothers intended)
    How do you confuse an Irishman, lean three shovels against a wal and ask him to take his pick.

Chubby brown version

How do you f*****g confuse a f*****g Irish tw*t, lean three f*****g shovels against a f*****g wall and ask the f*****g tw*t to take his f*****g pick.

schoolyard humour with some naughty words thrown in.
    "Let your life rule your job, not your job rule your life"

Born to ride, forced to work.
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    One word: Rosanne
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    John Kline, Sadowitz toured this year so he's still around, the man's a genius with cards.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Steven Merchant is right up there!

Jimmy Carr has good material/writers but delivers it badly. I've (inexplicably) been to see him live twice now and he might as well have had the script in his hand as he did the act it was that lacklustre. Deadpan is one thing, autopilot is another.

David Walliams/Matt Lucas/Little Britain are truly dire!

What happened to Catherine Tate? She was kind of funny for the first few series of her sketch show and then seems to have revelaled herself as a total loony!
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Another vote for James Corden. What a bell-end. :roll:
  • Yossie wrote:
    + 1 for James Cordon. Please, someone, somewhere, hit him in his fat head with a pick axe handle. Everything about him just makes me angry.

And I know that I'll be in the minority over this one, but I can't stand Little Britain. Appallingly shyyyte. Watched it once, never again. Shockingly unfunny and rubbish.
    what's with all this James Cordon hate? But I agree with little Britain being crap
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
  • Russell Howard utter Dogshite.
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    I once saw James Corden wandering around aimlessly on his own in Leeds one Sunday afternoon. I've always wanted to punch him but when I saw him that day he looked so pathetic I thought I didn't need to bother.

Also, who the fook let Micheal 'wobble my head whilst I walk from one side of the stage to the other with my high pitched camp non-accent voice' McIntyre have a career?
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Darrenm72 wrote:
    Russell Howard utter Dogshite.

If he's the squinty one off mock the week +100

Billy Connoly
    Miranda Hart
    Sarah Millican
    Mitchell and Webb
    James Corden
    Holly Walsh
    Omad Djalili
    Jason Manford
    The Midlands.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Darrenm72 wrote:
    Russell Howard utter Dogshite.

If he's the squinty one off mock the week +100

If you mean the young blonde haired lad then yes he's turd
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    That Jim Carey wanker - he's so bad I can't even bear to hear his name on the radio let alone watch any of the garbage he's in.

Alan Partridge

David Brent - about as funny as an anal fissure

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Keith47
    Keith47 Posts: 158
    Agree with a lot of the nominations on here but by far the worst for me is Harry Hill :twisted:
    The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.
  • A lot of those mentioned I don't find funny, but can at least see why someone else might e.g Michael McIntyre.

But for me, the no.1 spot goes to Sarah Millican. Just not funny.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    McBain_v1 wrote:
    That Jim Carey wanker - he's so bad I can't even bear to hear his name on the radio let alone watch any of the garbage he's in.

Alan Partridge

David Brent - about as funny as an anal fissure

Mmmmm IMO two of the great comedy characters. But each to their own I guess :)
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • I can't believe no ones mentioned Bruce Forsyth yet, he's been at it about 72 years, I just don't get it!

'bout as funny as Syphillis!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    So who do we all rate as good comedians then?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Russell Brand definitley gets a kick in the nuts. With a pair of those really pointy shoes Mods used to wear.

Its not just the fact that he's not at all funny. Ever. He's just a complete cheesy bell end.

They should set up a Thunderdome with him and Corden in it, let them batter each other for a while in the vain attempt to win their life and exit the same said Thunderdome then just as one is about to win unleash a pack of a thousand rabid really angry meer cats on them to get rid of them.

Now that would be funnny.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    lemoncurd wrote:
    Because people's taste differs this may as well be a list of all comedians and comedy characters.
    I'm bored and have just read the thread from the start - I can't think of a single comedian that has nt been mentioned! Comedy appears to be a very personal thing....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    If you asked fpr a best comedian list - I'd imagine most of the names on here would be on that too.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Worst: Russell Brand
    That Iranian woman who's act is being an Iranian woman.
    Ricky Gervais.
    Ken Dodd.
    Bernard Manning.
    Gina whassername, cannot stand to look at her
    Mel and Sue, a pair of smug piss-stinking witches.
    Frank Skinner, gives me the raving gibbers.

Best: Frank Carson.
  • ddraver wrote:
    lemoncurd wrote:
    Because people's taste differs this may as well be a list of all comedians and comedy characters.
    I'm bored and have just read the thread from the start - I can't think of a single comedian that has nt been mentioned! Comedy appears to be a very personal thing....

Well the same ones keep coming up! Mostly the ones the BBC deem appropriate and then relentlessly ram down our throats every Saturday for a year or two until they are pulled from the schedules under the weight of their own tedium.

Like John 'F***ing' Bishop. Am I first with that one?

As for comedians I like, I loved Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle and the If You Prefer A Milder Comedian Please Ask For One DVD is amazing. The way he just deconstructs the comedian-audience relationship is genius.
  • One mans meat is another mans poison. Oooooeeeerrrr missus, but you know what I mean.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,177
    Can't stand Corden, Frankie Boyle or Jason Manford. The thing I find is that comedians start out funny and get too much exposure until they are no longer any good (McIntyre being one of the latest). I currently enjoy John Bishop but can see him being the next victim of his own success. I enjoy Gervais characters but detest the man himself. Chris Morris is one of the best but upsets the establishment to much so doesn't get enough air time.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    why no votes for peter kay or that fake scouser bishop? theyre both rubbish.

bill bailey and reggie d hunter are the bestest
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    why no votes for peter kay or that fake scouser bishop? theyre both rubbish.

bill bailey and reggie d hunter are the bestest

You've just reminded me of Mark Lamarr.

Another tosspot.
  • For me it has to be that lard a#se Cordon, followed closely by John Bishop.
    Neither of them even remotely funny.

Best ever - Tommy Cooper. Genius :lol: