Worst comedians/comedy characters?

rodgers73
rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
For me it's got to be Keith Lemon.

The guy playing him dropped off the radar when the entire country seemed to get sick of Bo Selecta all at exactly the same time (ie start of the third series). And this is his "comeback"?? No wonder his main fanbase seems to be Chris Moyles listeners...

Your nominations??

Comments

• Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Where do i start?

'Comedy' Dave from Chris Moyles show (and Chris Moyles)..
    Harry Enfield
    Lenny Henry
    David Walliams

To name but a few.. :roll:
  • Biffz0id
    Biffz0id Posts: 123
    Miranda Hart is awful and for some reason I despise Chris Addison.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Billy Connolly. So many people rave about him. I've never laughed at owt he's said. Actually I may have when it's been said by someone else.

All the Friends characters. Aaargh. :evil: Can't stand that programme.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    1) James Corden is just the most overrated and overhyped waste of space.

2) Rob Brydon, words fail me.

3) Is there a good female comic out there? However much beer you drink in a comedy club they always fail to impress.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I can't stand Ricky Gervais and as for characters there's just so much bad "comedy" out there it's not even funny.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    Jimmy Carr
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    + 1 for James Cordon. Please, someone, somewhere, hit him in his fat head with a pick axe handle. Everything about him just makes me angry.

And I know that I'll be in the minority over this one, but I can't stand Little Britain. Appallingly shyyyte. Watched it once, never again. Shockingly unfunny and rubbish.
  • Biffz0id wrote:
    Miranda Hart is awful and for some reason I despise Chris Addison.

Yes. She has NEVER said or done one thing even remotely funny. she's just crap. Don't find that whiny Geordie lass funny either. Forget her name.
    lemoncurd wrote:
    Jimmy Carr

Ooh him as well. What a tosser. I'd like to smack him in the gob.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Yossie wrote:
    And I know that I'll be in the minority over this one, but I can't stand Little Britain. Appallingly shyyyte. Watched it once, never again. Shockingly unfunny and rubbish.

+1

Mrs Browns Boys, why do people find this funny? It's not.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Chip & Pin, by a long chalk. Fish & Cushion was easily the better double act of the two;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B80SyRmtbdI

:)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • corona
    corona Posts: 116
    lemoncurd wrote:
    Jimmy Carr

Ooh him as well. What a tosser. I'd like to smack him in the gob.

I couldn't disagree more
  • +1 for James Corden. Immensely un-funny.

And Two and a Half Men has taken a complete nose-dive since the introduction of Ashton K(r)utcher! Charlie Sheen was that programme!

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Forgot about James Corden as I failed to associate him with Comedy.

Yep. He has to be the worst.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • David Walliams

Russell Brand

Jo Brand

Patrick Kielty

Lenny Henry
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    That tall guy Marchant/Merchant? Not funny, at all.

Rob Brydon, not funny.

Michael Mcintyre, same.

In fact, loads of them are not funny.

It is probably an easier task to attempt to list a few who are even remotely funny.

I'd start us off but I can't actually think of any.
  • Add me on the Miranda Hart list.
    Simply terrible, not even vaguely funny.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Spike Milligan.

Never once even made me smile.

Chris Langham, even worse than Milligan.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Jo Brand, cos not funny at all and all the jokes are obvious and predictable and only about eating cake or looking fat.

Julian Clary, cos all the jokes are just boring innuendo about being gay that are supposed to shock to be funny, but do neither.

Andy Parsons, cos he's not funny.

Agree Billy Connolly isnt funny, but he likes to give you clues as to what you should find funny by laughing at his own jokes.

Lenny Henry, dont think he's said anything funny ever, might be funny to 10 year olds and thats it.
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    Because people's taste differs this may as well be a list of all comedians and comedy characters.

Michael McIntyre really is shite though.
    So is Eddie Izzard.
  • CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    lemoncurd wrote:
    Because people's taste differs this may as well be a list of all comedians and comedy characters.

Michael McIntyre really is shite though.
    So is Eddie Izzard.

Well you certainly proved your point about taste with your last sentence. Couldn't disagree more about Izzard.

Worst character: Mr Bean / Johnny English, if only because I really admire Rowan Atkinson and wish he'd do something half decent instead.

Worst comedians: Rufus Hound, Richard Blackwood, and the population of the city of Liverpool.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    mfin wrote:
    Julian Clary, cos all the jokes are just boring innuendo about being gay that are supposed to shock to be funny, but do neither.

Same comments apply to Alan Carr - camp does not always equal funny. Kenneth Williams (admittedly a comic actor rather than bona [1] fide comedian) did it all a hell of a lot better on Round the Horne forty-odd years ago. End of.

David

[1] Not an intentional "Julian & Sandy" reference. Honest.
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • TuckerUK
    TuckerUK Posts: 369
    James Corden

Johnny Vegas

And after reading through this topic, I'd have to agree Russell Brand.
    "Coming through..."
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    the worst:

Jim shit shit Davidson
    Roy Chubby Brown eye
    Lee Nelson
    Al the shit Murray
    Tony Hawks
    Joan Rivers
    Alex Zane

I think the rest have died thank fully

And a Aussie I think was called jimbo, but he was awful truly awful

But I do like those old sitcoms not like these modern one's, my fav was the comedy about a department store, where the emplyees were a shit stabber and an old lady who kept on talking about her wet pussy.....

not like the one about a black family moving in next door to that poor white family........

or the one where they teach immigrants how to speak properly............ :roll:
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    James Cordon - simply just a Fat B*****d.
  • heathy_76
    heathy_76 Posts: 213
    +1 for Billy Conolly

+1 for 'Comedy Dave' and Chris Moyles

+1 for women comics in general

Mel and Sue were probably the worst double act I have ever seen and Gina Yashere is without doubt the unfunniest person I have ever seen.
  • James Cordon
    Sarah Millican
    Russell Brand
    Russell 'I'm trying to be surreal, but instead i'm just a talentless k*ob' Howard

Have to disagree with Spike Milligan, one of the greatest comic minds ever - but each to his own.
  • Roobsa
    Roobsa Posts: 37
    I'm surprised Al Murray hasn't been mentioned. Do people actually like him? I hate the pub landlord thing he does. He just shouts a lot of utter tosh.

I don't see the appeal of Lee Evans either.
  • jonni3
    jonni3 Posts: 57
    Russel Brand
    Ricky Gervais
    Steven Merchant
    Andy Parsons
    Michael McIntyre
    Frank Skinner

to name but a few, the top three for me have no comedic or acting talent that I have noticed.
  • john_kline
    john_kline Posts: 2,151
    Sarah Millican, about as funny as a fire in an orphanage. Michael McIntyre, James Corden, that bald twa t off mock the week with a head like a potato, infact the whole cast of mock the week with the sole exception of the amazing Frankie Boyle. Rhod Gilbert, Stephen Amos, Omar Dalisomething, and that bloke with the long floppy hair who looks like he should drive a white van or sell double glazing.
  • BERNIE F**KING WINTERS!!!!!

Now I know I'm going back a few years, but bloody hell he took being unfunny to a whole new level.

I used to work with this guy twenty odd years ago and he really hated Bernie Winters, even more than me!! Anyway one day he walks into work beaming from ear to ear. "Why are you so happy?" I enquire, "Schnorbitz is dead!!" (Schnorbitz was his St Bernards dog sidekick) he announces "Pardon?".."Schnorbitz is dead, and that means that right now that fat c*** Bernie Winters is really miserable and that makes me really happy!"

Anyway as an example try to spot the funny bit in this stand up, I'll give you a clue...nothing funny is said!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrNVMcLUbyU
    Mad as a box of badgers