2012 Team Kits

Comments

• As predicted, not much different from Leopard Trek last year.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    It is much like Frank's last year indeed, still, a nice kit.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Are you sure that isn't a pic from last year? Where is the Radioshack logo?
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Radioshed jersey looks bobbins.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Get a grip and quit the pathetic name calling ...

You need to take your own advice. If you can't answer a simple question without being rude, then don't cry like a little girl when you're brought to task.

If you want to exchange views more frankly do feel free to send me a PM, otherwise STFU and stay on topic.

Well that's me well and truly acronymed ...

If you can give us all one plausible reason why you only wanted to know about Scotland and Wales rather than all GB countries then I'll happilybtake the abuse ... Until then, the angrier you get the more it looks like you know you fecked up ...

Not wanting to stir anything up here, but what i think had happened is:

1. The Mad Rapper asked a reasonable question looking for a genuine answer.
    2. You then replied like a bell-end.

Don't see what the problem is?

I will admit using the term 'thick' will always provoke an unreasonable answer ... But, I'm still actually waiting on that answer ... So until then I'm happy to be a 'tool' and/or 'bell-end' ... Perhaps your wives/girlfriends/boyfriends passed on the congratulatory nickname rather than it being a poorly formed insult?
  • symo wrote:
    Radioshed jersey looks bobbins.
    Ha Ha I actually like it :D all about opinions eh ? 1
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Sonny73 wrote:
    Did you get that today ?
    Yeh, it came in the post earlier today. It's the Jan issue.

I think I have missed a month. Who was on the December cover? Cav is the last one I have in the WC jersey.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Not a fan of the Radioshak-Nissan-Trek jersey. Basically the same as last year but with RadioShak on it now as well as Livestrong.

As the jersey is made by Craft I think this is the first time we have seen Livestrong on non Nike branded kit
  • TMR
    sherer wrote:
    Not a fan of the Radioshak-Nissan-Trek jersey. Basically the same as last year but with RadioShak on it now as well as Livestrong.

As the jersey is made by Craft I think this is the first time we have seen Livestrong on non Nike branded kit

I like the jersey, but I am not gushing about it. It will be interesting to see what their bikes are like though. Are they still on Treks next season?
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    I like the jersey, but I am not gushing about it. It will be interesting to see what their bikes are like though. Are they still on Treks next season?

Yea on treks. Hence the Name, Radioshack Nissan Trek
    cartoon.jpg
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gallery ... y-revealed

Thought it was a train-smash at first glance, but it's growing - it's good for any Luxemburgers on the team b/c it incorporates their flag quite nicely. Although if one of the Schlecks wins their national champs they might struggle to do a Lux version that's distinctive.

Both horizontal chest bands are much thicker this year. The muli-colour O is nice too, although I'm not sure of the significance of Leopard any more - is it a brand or just a faceless holding company? #confused. The livestrong band is just wrong tho, I wonder if Livestrong's public accounts show how much they paid for this advertising.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/ ... led/201496 If you read the arm logos it says "Nissan and Radioshack came over Livestrong" Ha!
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • TMR
    Doobz wrote:
    Yea on treks. Hence the Name, Radioshack Nissan Trek

D'oh! I need to stop posting for a while don't I? I'm clearly infected with some 'not thinking' disease :(
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I think I have missed a month. Who was on the December cover?

Marcel Kittel was last month
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    374909_270452249686138_114212335310131_791255_1619741188_n.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    RichN95 wrote:
    Do Wales & Scotland have a National Champion? If so, who is it and what does their kit look like?

They both do. I don't know who the Scottish Champion is, but the Welsh Champion is someone called Gruff Lewis. He gets a jersey, but I think it's an unofficial thing and he can't wear it in races.

Evan Oliphant is the current Scottish Champion. Riding for Raleigh in 2012 I believe. They gave him a jersey but I don't think he can wear it officially in races. You can see him on the podium on this PDF.

http://www.vortexraceteam.co.uk/docs/Sc ... s_Rev1.pdf
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • RichN95.
    dulldave wrote:

Evan Oliphant is the current Scottish Champion. Riding for Raleigh in 2012 I believe. They gave him a jersey but I don't think he can wear it officially in races. You can see him on the podium on this PDF.

http://www.vortexraceteam.co.uk/docs/Sc ... s_Rev1.pdf

That's a poor jersey. It's basically just the British Champs jersey (Alex Salmond won't be happy). What about a Saltire?

Both Wales (a dragon should be mandatory) and Scotland are let downs.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    that us champs top is rubbish
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • sherer
    All tha national champ ones look a bit rubbish if you ask me.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    sherer wrote:
    All tha national champ ones look a bit rubbish if you ask me.

The Dutch one is quality.

fs022_600.jpg
  • sherer
    I meant all the RNT ones look rubbish. Yes the Dutch on there does look good
  • A question: I always thought that national Champs' jerseys had a defined look. Am I correct? Just as WC jersey has to be a particular way.

It seems that recently National Champs' jerseys have started being 'doctored'.

I can think of the way Katusha tweaked national bands with the Moscow skyline (which I thought was really good); but looking at Radio Leopard their jerseys look awful. The US champ jersey is pants - not a patch on the old Captain America jersey (which is how I thought the US jersey was supposed to be).

Love or loathe Sky I like the way they have a uniform look for National champions - old school jerseys (how I thought they should be), fancy paint jobs on frames and the flags on helmets. You could tell Wiggins and Boassen-Hagen were on the same team when time trialling last year despite pretty different jersey designs.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I like pictographic jersey design..not colours e.g. Castorama, Ton Ton Tapis, Z. Where does a bird head come into it Saxo bank? DIY or carpets made sense
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    d18c64709d8b0d0260caf0f2b0581465-getty-508024108.jpg

Interesting that they chose Valverde to show off the jersey. You all know who the team is backing. Lets see if he shows them whats up in TDU.
    a06c21a6c3f27ea0c23e899ff1ee06de-getty-507986530.jpg

6163bd275f7bb432a33e8e3b6f44d26f-getty-507986486.jpg

7301968ded5fc3f22135e28056077e61-getty-136396702.jpg

Wiggins looks so miserable in all the pics. Why they bother putting those on show is beyond me, although I guess they could be the best of a bad bunch...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    demare.jpg
    opqs.jpg

Kolobnev's bike apparently. I'm guessing his wife wasn't too pleased with the news a short while back.
    kolob.jpg

NetAp
    netapp.jpg

Bole I think.
    bole.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Dave_1 wrote:
    Where does a bird head come into it Saxo bank?

Isn't it to do with Riis' nickame? As well as being Mr. 60%, he was called the Eagle of Herning. It's there on all of his teams, check out this CSC team car.

gal_3632-vi.jpg
  • RichN95.
    Isn't it to do with Riis' nickame? As well as being Mr. 60%, he was called the Eagle of Herning. It's there on all of his teams, check out this CSC team car.

Yeah, the eagle is the logo of Riis Racing.
  • TMR
    Thor looks weird in BMC kit! Am so used to seeing him in Cervelo kit.
  • sherer
    Thor looks weird in BMC kit! Am so used to seeing him in Cervelo kit.

I was still trying to work out who it was :D
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    is it just me, but movistar are taking over as the evil team for me
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799