2012 Team Kits

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Seems a lot of blue this year...

They should get all the Pro-Tour teams round a table and agree to make Jerseys considerably different to one another - even if that means sharing designs.
  • or have an away kit like 'Once' used to have for the Tour de France
  • northstar
    northstar Posts: 407
    sherer wrote:
    am I the only one who thinks the British Champions Jersey always looks rubbish. Some nations like Australia and Germany look great with just simple bands but I always feel going from the Union Jack to just simple bands has never worked very well for us

It doesn't look to bad, could be worse but could be a lot better, especially if it doesn't have the dutch flag on it : )
    Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    northstar wrote:
    sherer wrote:
    am I the only one who thinks the British Champions Jersey always looks rubbish. Some nations like Australia and Germany look great with just simple bands but I always feel going from the Union Jack to just simple bands has never worked very well for us

It doesn't look to bad, could be worse but could be a lot better, especially if it doesn't have the dutch flag on it : )

You're just jealous your flag looks rubbish on cycling jerseys :P
  • northstar
    northstar Posts: 407
    I would, if you can that a flag, i like the dutch flag but only on dutch cyclists ; )
    Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    The down tube on Wiggo's Dogma is thicker than his arms... :D
    www.dotcycling.com
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Do Wales & Scotland have a National Champion? If so, who is it and what does their kit look like?
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Do England? ...

I hope you are not thick enough to assume that the British one IS tne English National Champs jersey?
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    yea thats crazy. That is like Swansea competing in the English Premire Peague....!

Wales does have a national road race champsionship. But no jersey is given as strange as it may sound... welsh riders can become British National champion.... might have happened last year! :P
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Do Wales & Scotland have a National Champion? If so, who is it and what does their kit look like?

They both do. I don't know who the Scottish Champion is, but the Welsh Champion is someone called Gruff Lewis. He gets a jersey, but I think it's an unofficial thing and he can't wear it in races.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • TMR
    RichN95 wrote:
    They both do. I don't know who the Scottish Champion is, but the Welsh Champion is someone called Gruff Lewis. He gets a jersey, but I think it's an unofficial thing and he can't wear it in races.

Thanks Rich :)
  • TMR
    Do England? ...

I hope you are not thick enough to assume that the British one IS tne English National Champs jersey?

I don't know. Do England? If I had included England in the list of countries, would you still have posted like a tool, or would you have just answered the question?
  • Crankbrother
    Do England? ...

I don't know. Do England? If I had included England in the list of countries, would you still have posted like a tool, or would you have just answered the question?

So why ask the question the way you did?

Get a grip and quit the pathetic name calling ...
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    cougie wrote:
    sherer wrote:

When did the British champion wear a Union Jack shirt ? I cant recall it ? I quite like the bands really - looks classy without being OTT.

I ment the Union Jack is a great emotive design and they go from that flag to reducing it to three bands going round the shirt when it could be so much better.
  • TMR

You need to take your own advice. If you can't answer a simple question without being rude, then don't cry like a little girl when you're brought to task.

If you want to exchange views more frankly do feel free to send me a PM, otherwise STFU and stay on topic.
  • The Rapha Condor one from a few years back with the Union Flags on the shoulders was pretty funky
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • Crankbrother

You need to take your own advice. If you can't answer a simple question without being rude, then don't cry like a little girl when you're brought to task.

If you want to exchange views more frankly do feel free to send me a PM, otherwise STFU and stay on topic.

Well that's me well and truly acronymed ...

If you can give us all one plausible reason why you only wanted to know about Scotland and Wales rather than all GB countries then I'll happilybtake the abuse ... Until then, the angrier you get the more it looks like you know you fecked up ...
  • TMR
    If you can give us all one plausible reason why you only wanted to know about Scotland and Wales rather than all GB countries then I'll happilybtake the abuse ... Until then, the angrier you get the more it looks like you know you fecked up ...

You don't understand take it to PM then?!
  • Crankbrother

You don't understand take it to PM then?!

David Cameron? Bit much no?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    This is what the Welsh Champion's jersey looks like. It seems indistinguishable from the Welsh team's jersey.

welsh_rr_champs_2011_05.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • TMR
    Thanks for taking the time to post that Rich. Appreciated.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908

Well that's me well and truly acronymed ...

Not wanting to stir anything up here, but what i think had happened is:

1. The Mad Rapper asked a reasonable question looking for a genuine answer.
    2. You then replied like a bell-end.

Don't see what the problem is?
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    RichN95 wrote:
    This is what the Welsh Champion's jersey looks like. It seems indistinguishable from the Welsh team's jersey.

welsh_rr_champs_2011_05.jpg

I can ask/check if you like. My wife's school/family friend is the Welsh Cycling Head coach.
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    edited January 2012
    Looks like the folks here at Future have got the scoop on the new Radioshack Nissan Trek kit, well a hint of anyway. Looks nice, and its a great issue of Procycling too:

pro_p1.jpg
  • Did you get that today ?
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Just an imagine on the website:
    http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/c ... scription/

Feb issue not due out till 2nd Feb at the moment.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Did you get that today ?
    Yeh, it came in the post earlier today. It's the Jan issue.
  • Fingers crossed mine will be there when I get home :)

Kit looks good from that I snippet.
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    394279_10150510231003744_309351868743_8817854_533532349_n.jpg
  • Tom Dean wrote:
    394279_10150510231003744_309351868743_8817854_533532349_n.jpg

Looks a bit like Frank's jersey from last year.

pcy153.lb_cover_schlecks._dsc7263_600.jpg