2012 Team Kits

TMR
TMR Posts: 3,986
edited October 2012 in Pro race
Can anyone tell me when the 2012 Team Kits will be released?

If anyone has any photos, please post them here.

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    In 2012.
  • Dan_K
    Dan_K Posts: 19
    You'll see them around Jan time for the Tour Down Under but normally start to go on sale around April/May onwards......
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    You might see some spy shots of them before the end of the year. Depends on the team.

New riders to a team wear their old team kit until Jan 1 - despite training with their new teams later this year. It's always an odd sight when you see an entire team with half of them wearing other team's kit!
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Cav tweeted that to wear rainbow stripes on his shorts the shorts have to be white, he's therefore elected to wear team shorts.
  • Booo, I thought we had some images already.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    I do love it when we see the first training camp pics and everyone is wearing this years kit... starts the excitement for next year... or maybe thats just me :lol:
  • Am sure this isn't necessarily legit but some of the "replica" websites are carrying this jersey claiming it to be "GreenEdge".
    rimg0090_.jpg2_3_1.jpg

rimg0089_.jpg2_4_1.jpg

5_9.jpg
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    My god, that's awful. That surely can't be the real thing.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Worst shirt of 2012 thats for sure, and ive not even seen the others.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Well it's also the best .... for the time being... :P
  • If it's instantly recognizable in a peloton of riders then it's fit for purpose. No-one needs to wear it socially.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    If it's instantly recognizable in a peloton of riders then it's fit for purpose. No-one needs to wear it socially.

Also it has a full length zip, i just cant abide the short ones on cycling tops.
  • SLX01
    SLX01 Posts: 338
    I think the official jersey for Greenedge is due to be launched at the Tour Down Under.
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Am sure this isn't necessarily legit but some of the "replica" websites are carrying this jersey claiming it to be "GreenEdge".
    rimg0090_.jpg2_3_1.jpg

rimg0089_.jpg2_4_1.jpg

5_9.jpg

Hideous!
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Still, it's nice to know they've used a female mannequin to show off their new jersey.
  • Team 1T4i's kit is here

jersey_220.jpg

not bad - and better than what was claimed to be Green Edge - the bike looks good too
    bike_600.jpg
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    That Felt seems a bit Cervelo like, graphics wise.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Felt having ripped off the Cervelo S series bike tech for their AR bikes, why not go the whole hog and steal the colourways too?!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Feel sorry for David Harmon and co having to get their mouth around "1t4i" all next year.
    The five guidelines, collected in the working title 1t4i (Team spirit, Inspiration, Integrity, Improvement, Innovation), form a short summary of the mission, view, core values and method of the team that advocates a high-quality and believable sports environment.

Give me strength.

Remember when cycling teams just wanted to flog us some laminate flooring? Those were the days.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    afx237vi wrote:

Give me strength.

Remember when cycling teams just wanted to flog us some laminate flooring? Those were the days.

Hell yes.

When a team flogging laminate flooring was one of the biggest teams around.

*sighs*
  • Could green/white be the colours of 2012. "Black and blue are so 2011 dahling"
  • I was thinking that as well. It does seem the protours like a different colour theme each year
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I was going to ask whether Sky might bring out the Green kits out for the whole year.... chance of that happening seem quite high :P
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    afx237vi wrote:
    Feel sorry for David Harmon and co having to get their mouth around "1t4i" all next year.
    The five guidelines, collected in the working title 1t4i (Team spirit, Inspiration, Integrity, Improvement, Innovation), form a short summary of the mission, view, core values and method of the team that advocates a high-quality and believable sports environment.

Give me strength.

It's not the actual team name though is it? I got the impression from innerring its just what they're putting there until they announce Bosch as the new title sponsor
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • afx237vi
    prawny wrote:
    It's not the actual team name though is it? I got the impression from innerring its just what they're putting there until they announce Bosch as the new title sponsor

Ah, right. I didn't realise Skil were withdrawing their title sponsorship tbh. A shame... theirs was one of the few instantly recognisable jerseys.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    afx237vi wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Ah, right. I didn't realise Skil were withdrawing their title sponsorship tbh. A shame... theirs was one of the few instantly recognisable jerseys.

Skil is owned by Bosch, so it's more of the same really.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • afx237vi
    RichN95 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Skil is owned by Bosch, so it's more of the same really.

Which leads to the question: if Bosch are taking over the sponsorship, why the need for an interim period with the new kit and the stupid name?
  • Perhaps it's because getting everyone to agree on the colour(s) and placement of logo(s) is a nightmare.
  • It will be washing machine war in the peloton next year...

x_011_buchacek.jpg

Whirpool vs. Bosch.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    afx237vi wrote:

Give me strength.

Yeah. I've been saying for ages the ethics of this sport have been going to the doghouse.

Strava is not Zen.