• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Any excuse to post this smashing kit
    bettiniphoto_0060145_1_full_600.jpg
    44220_478594487743_557822743_7277926_5465792_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Cervelo PC5. Not sure if any team is using this though.
    pc5.jpg

Maybe it's just the light but the downtube/toptube(seems strange just writing that) junction looks odd. Can't imagine this is UCI legal. Probably as above, for the triathletes. Looks damn fast, but can't say it particularly appeals to me in the looks department.
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    I think they are bringing out a Tri version and a TT version like Spesh have done with the Shiv.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****

• Front brake is different on that one.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    According to Inrng they're using hydraulic brakes... Unless I read it wrong.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Almost certain the rear is hydraulic. Not sure about the front. I think this is the missing link with Magura appearing as a sponsor on Garmin-Barracuda kit. But considering this is UCI illegal it still doesn't make a huge amount of sense. Unless they start with hydraulic brakes on the road bike or the P4, orrrr they're releasing two types of P5 (but that's unlikely).
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227

For once I agree with FF! Best kit and I'd love to lay my hands on a Canyon with that colour scheme.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Gazzaputt wrote:

For once I agree with FF! Best kit and I'd love to lay my hands on a Canyon with that colour scheme.

You should ride with Dulwich Paragon if you like that kit! :wink:
  • frenchfighter
    Someone saying a spesh helmet for Cav

cav_mirror_600.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Back to the P5, it's official;

http://p5simplyfaster.com/

http://www.slowtwitch.com/News/The_Cervelo_P5_unveiled_2538.html

I'm just off out to buy a lottery ticket....
  • Water bottle seems a bit crude if you compare to the Spesh Shiv which has a bladder inside the frame.

1317889023623-12ybl9rju1y6c-500-90-500-70.jpg
  • rozzer32
    Water bottle seems a bit crude if you compare to the Spesh Shiv which has a bladder inside the frame.

Apparently it saves 4 watts of power though. I know this is only a small amount and was found it a wind tunnel which isn't quite the same as real world blah blah but it's still 4 watts.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    BigMat wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Agree Dulwich kit is lovely bit I'm committed Bigfoot member.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    BigMat wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Agree Dulwich kit is lovely bit I'm committed Bigfoot member.

I knew that, hence the ;)
  • frenchfighter
    Getty
    9e34cafd3169ec9394ca6d42883fd14c-getty-508257980.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Water bottle seems a bit crude if you compare to the Spesh Shiv which has a bladder inside the frame.

Apparently it saves 4 watts of power though. I know this is only a small amount and was found it a wind tunnel which isn't quite the same as real world blah blah but it's still 4 watts.

They need another one of those near the saddle so you don't have to stop to piss ;)
  • Water bottle seems a bit crude if you compare to the Spesh Shiv which has a bladder inside the frame.

Thought the UCI were lokking at water bottles - i.e. stopping things like this. Or is it more a case of the UCI are thinking about something, but haven't actually done anything yet (that phrase sort of sounds familiar doesn't it when used in conjunction with 'UCI')
  • shinyhelmut
    That shiv model is the tri-specific one hence non UCI compliant. The P5, like the Trek speed concept, is UCI compliant but has various add-ons which can be added to improve the aerodynamics if you don't care what the UCI think.
  • That shiv model is the tri-specific one hence non UCI compliant. The P5, like the Trek speed concept, is UCI compliant but has various add-ons which can be added to improve the aerodynamics if you don't care what the UCI think.

Like this?

14jora0.jpg

:D
  • shinyhelmut
    Well similar but not quite as extreme :lol:
  • That shiv model is the tri-specific one hence non UCI compliant. The P5, like the Trek speed concept, is UCI compliant but has various add-ons which can be added to improve the aerodynamics if you don't care what the UCI think.

And people say cyclists are geeks?
  • shinyhelmut
    <- Proudly a cyclist, triathlete and geek :D
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    :shock: :shock:

i6fgc.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    That shiv model is the tri-specific one hence non UCI compliant. The P5, like the Trek speed concept, is UCI compliant but has various add-ons which can be added to improve the aerodynamics if you don't care what the UCI think.

That's not entirely accurate. The P5 does come in two different configurations, but the only real difference is the front fork. The Tri version has a much bigger bladed fork which hides the hydraulic brakes. The TT version has a thinner fork with the brakes on the outside. Otherwise the frames are the same.

Cervelo uses a loophole in the 3:1 rule in o rider to get the massive bladed areas around the rear stays.
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Pokerface wrote:

That's not entirely accurate. The P5 does come in two different configurations, but the only real difference is the front fork. The Tri version has a much bigger bladed fork which hides the hydraulic brakes. The TT version has a thinner fork with the brakes on the outside. Otherwise the frames are the same.

Cervelo uses a loophole in the 3:1 rule in o rider to get the massive bladed areas around the rear stays.

Are the hydraulic brakes UCI legal?
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • rozzer32
    patchy wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Are the hydraulic brakes UCI legal?

Yup, they ain't discs.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Yes - as Rozzer says - they are legal. They are just hydraulic rim brakes - not disc brakes. Actually lighter than standard brakes and work better. Could be the way forward, depending on how easy they are to maintain, etc.
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Cool, useful to know - for some reason I thought they were banned. Probably getting confused with disc brakes (or assuming that UCI just sees innovation and stamps on it straightaway).
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell