night riding...

1235»

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    miss notax wrote:
    EvoRob wrote:
    I've been out in the New Forest at night and although a little spooky the only thing that has caught me out was when a couple of the ponies came out of the dark at speed.... scared the crap out if me but also made me wander what spooked them to run in my direction...As during the day if the get spooked they tend to run the other way from people...

Aha, a fellow New Forest MTBer.... 8)

I almost rode into a cow the other night, although that's not nearly as scary as all the people hanging around in the secluded car parks late at night :shock:

By the way, we ride every Wednesday night if you ever want safety in numbers to protect you form the wildlife - PM me if you want further details :D

we went out for a ride a few months ago and they were filming the TV show merlin there, we didn't know this as loads of guys with swords and chainmail came wandering out of the woods :lol:

but then when we got back it was dark and the car park was full of strange guys looking in through car windows that were steamed up as 11 or 12 blokes came hammering into the car park - i've never seen so many people scatter so fast :lol:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Incidentally, if you like your night riding with a little extra peril, there's a day-and-night enduro race at Innerleithen on the 19th November. 4 stages, 2 run in daylight, 2 after sunset, all on proper challenging routes too (some purpose built, some cherrypicked from the downhill trails) Total madness :lol: It's be ace
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,667
    I'm starting to really enjoy my night riding, which is just as well given the clocks go back this weekend :( . New helmet light turned up recently to go with the bar mounted jobbie, so am off to Bedgebury (again) on Monday to see how well a total of 2,900 lumens works after sunset :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tenfoot
    tenfoot Posts: 226
    Despite the rain this week, Bedgebury is holding up fairly well so far. Will you be going off the black run drops in the dark?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,667
    tenfoot wrote:
    Despite the rain this week, Bedgebury is holding up fairly well so far. Will you be going off the black run drops in the dark?
    Yes, they're only little diddy ones :) Did them last week, it's good fun.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]