Worlds : Mens Elite *spoiler*

Comments

• ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Here it is... Wiggo said:
    "I think our plan is not to put anyone in the break - it's a wasted man who could be doing the job later on - but at the same time make sure the right break goes."

He said the dream scenario would be for the team to contribute to a combined effort to bring the break back late in the race before setting Cavendish up for the sprint.

He added David Millar would take responsibility for decision-making during the radio-free race.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-gbs-wiggins-warns-of-war-for-the-peloton-in-the-worlds

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Has anyone got the faintest idea how far they ve got to go?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ratsbeyfus wrote:
    "I think our plan is not to put anyone in the break - it's a wasted man who could be doing the job later on - but at the same time make sure the right break goes."

He said the dream scenario would be for the team to contribute to a combined effort to bring the break back late in the race before setting Cavendish up for the sprint.

He added David Millar would take responsibility for decision-making during the radio-free race.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-gbs-wiggins-warns-of-war-for-the-peloton-in-the-worlds

Well thats all well and good but look now, they are within reach and now other tems attack and now they have no one up in the break they are going to struggle chasing everything, I would have stuck some one like stannard or cummings up there.
    I think Cav could end up with just Wiggo Millar and G t the end providing that no other attacks stick
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Why doesnt Frank Schleck wear mitts ? A crash is almost guaranteed in the worlds and it helps if you have skin left on your hand to hold the bars. Silly boy
  • Anyone else hear Harmon refer to GB as Sky?
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    eggs in the one basket could backfire here...
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    cougie wrote:
    Why doesnt Frank Schleck wear mitts ? A crash is almost guaranteed in the worlds and it helps if you have skin left on your hand to hold the bars. Silly boy

I heard that Andy and Franky's mummy knitted them a set of matching mittens, but Franky won't wear them cos he gets teased by Jens.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Moomaloid
    loads of Dutch in that rear group...
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    edited September 2011
    If it goes to sprint, will be out of Cav and EBH I reckon.or maybe The german second choice, I think Gilbert ay try a longer launch 500m out soGB will need to have a train going to stop that.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    cougie wrote:

It amazes me he doesn't wear gloves as he can't ride bike also.

Race is not going Cav's way and breaking up. Hope the boys are playing doggo otherwise it no win and no fee! (fee- meaning nice fat contract for next year for Cav)

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Italians attacking... like a sufferfest vid
  • ratsbeyfus wrote:

Another dangerous break GB have to chase, they will be fooked by the end theres a few more attacks to come for sure. Great tactics !!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    cougie wrote:

I heard that Andy and Franky's mummy knitted them a set of matching mittens, but Franky won't wear them cos he gets teased by Jens.

LOL - now THAT i can believe.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Roux pulls the break along all day, but still has enough juice to jump out front solo? WTF
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Gonna say it right now. EBH.
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    What a race!

210 riders, average speed around 28mph and Italians looking dangerous.

Last lap will be breath taking.

My bet remains on Cav. The Brit team have worked so well together.
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • Moomaloid
    how long till the Germans start fronting up?
  • I reckon the finish will suit Sagan if he's been okay with the distance.

Getting nervous now.

Come on Cav
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    With 20km to go, I'm not sure how it could've gone any better for TeamGB.

Still lots to happen from here.
    exercise.png
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Funny, I was about to post it's been woeful so far

;)
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Tommy attack
  • GB in control for now
  • Moomaloid
    Tommy V and Gio V = dangerous
  • This suits GB - peg the break and it keeps things together
  • Getty
    1907db95b3588d98add4675c477d174f-getty-506081717.jpg
    6b0031a46916b3ec3e2bf880d5582985-getty-506081577.jpg
    e4319dd49244ad86737af3c1026456ca-getty-506081852.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pretty nervewracking!
  • Has the GB TTT squad got 14km left in the tank?
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    V nervous now. My heart is going to be in my mouth in the final km.
  • Norway helping out
  • Norway helping out